Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
    Is anyone playing Fallout 76?
    Got a couple of friends who have picked it up, but I'm keeping back, waiting to see how things pan out, and for bugs to get patched.

Although as shown in that live action trailer, the game is basically:

"It's Fallout 4, but this time you're bringing your shitlord friends with you."

If that's not your thing, move along and just wait with everybody else for Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
      If that's not your thing, move along and just wait with everybody else for Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6.
      I don't know what Starfield is, quick search turns up a band?

But yeah Fallout isn't my thing, just been eager to get into a game lately. Hitman 2's out but they go by so fast. And Code Vein got pushed back far. CK2 just got a new expansion, and Hard West was available really cheap on GOG so I picked that up.

Comment

I don't know what Starfield is, quick search turns up a band?
        It's Bethesda's next upcoming open world RPG. Unlike Elder Scrolls and Fallout, this one is supposed to be a "space epic"...and that's all the details we know thus far.

Comment

• Working my way back through Assassin's Creed 2. Made it to Venice. Takes a while because when I start replaying one, I have to replay the whole trilogy.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            Working my way back through Assassin's Creed 2. Made it to Venice. Takes a while because when I start replaying one, I have to replay the whole trilogy.
            The trilogy here being 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations?

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

But yeah Fallout isn't my thing, just been eager to get into a game lately.
              Join me and haren in Destiny Twosville!

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

The trilogy here being 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations?
                Bingo. Also, it's going slow because I'm adding stuff to my timeline of everything as I go.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• So...here's a surprising bit of news.

Sony will not be at E3 2019.

Speculation is that this might have something to do with their incoming PS5 announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                    So...here's a surprising bit of news.

Sony will not be at E3 2019.

Speculation is that this might have something to do with their incoming PS5 announcement.

A mistake, IMO. Microsoft has been firing on all cylinders the last few years. Xbox Live, the console's infrastructure, BC, and the consumer have all been the top priority for Microsoft while Sony has been sitting back relaxing. Microsoft has also gobbled up a ton of good-great developers who are undoubtedly excited at having the $$$ to work on games. Yes, I know Rare was a big mistake, but Rare was already on a downward swing BEFORE Microsoft purchased them.

The PS5 will likely be announced in February 2020, and I think Microsoft has a ton of goodwill there between now and then for the taking. Hell, if they didn't atrociously fuck up the Xbox One launch, I'd say the sales between the two competitors would be much, much closer.

But we'll see...

The Final Frontier

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                      A mistake, IMO. Microsoft has been firing on all cylinders the last few years. Xbox Live, the console's infrastructure, BC, and the consumer have all been the top priority for Microsoft while Sony has been sitting back relaxing. Microsoft has also gobbled up a ton of good-great developers who are undoubtedly excited at having the $$$ to work on games. Yes, I know Rare was a big mistake, but Rare was already on a downward swing BEFORE Microsoft purchased them.

The PS5 will likely be announced in February 2020, and I think Microsoft has a ton of goodwill there between now and then for the taking. Hell, if they didn't atrociously fuck up the Xbox One launch, I'd say the sales between the two competitors would be much, much closer.

But we'll see...
                      Yeah, Sony has gotten too comfortable being the current industry leader and it’s going to bite them. I will not be surprised if Microsoft passes them in this upcoming console generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                        Join me and haren in Destiny Twosville!
                        I really appreciate that. This thread has been pretty consistently one of the more welcoming and supportive ones in the Off-Topic section. But I just couldn't get into Destiny 2 and especially right now my wanting to play a game is being hindered by having to deal with family issues, though it's likely the source of the sudden urge to play them too.

Comment

I really appreciate that. This thread has been pretty consistently one of the more welcoming and supportive ones in the Off-Topic section. But I just couldn't get into Destiny 2 and especially right now my wanting to play a game is being hindered by having to deal with family issues, though it's likely the source of the sudden urge to play them too.
                          No worries. It’s a pretty blatant Skinner box, so I don’t blame anyone for not getting into it. Sorry to hear you’re having family issues, I hope they can get worked out before long.

Comment

• I love Avery Alder. From a tweet today:

Looking for a great game about the inner turmoil, dark passions, and vicious monstrosity of vampires? One that is thoughtful about its sensitive themes, and inclusive in its storytelling? Check out Monsterhearts 2!

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Let’s go Pikachu!

I named mine Iona.

Comment

• In my more recent plays of Xenoblade Chronicles, I've been getting a lot of enjoyment out of the system that tracks NPCs.

Every named NPC with a unique character model has an entry with a little profile of them placed onto a chart for the area in which they live. As you go around talking to them, it maps out the relationships between them, and fulfilling sidequests lets you periodically alter (preferably improve) those relationships. As you fulfil more sidequests, the town's rating goes up, adding to character dialogues and opening up additional sidequests.

For the town where the game starts, I've managed to turn what was once just a cloud of separate character portraits into a heavily interconnected web of character relationships, several of which have been improved through the game, and I'm loving it.

Also there's been some fun story stuff, involving dickish giant robots and interesting visions of the future.

Heh, it just occurred to me that something that makes this story stand out from a lot of others in the fantasy genre is that the prophecies that are driving the main plot are actually coming from the protagonist.

(Who also has a number of other endearing and distinct traits, like how his vocation is being a research scientist and his main character flaw is being introverted and inquisitive to a fault, but he can also have this real intensity to him when he's faced with something that he really wants to murder.)

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Working...
                                X