Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
    Has anyone tried Below? I've been hearing good things.
    ...nah I've been doing Return of the Obra Dinn.

Hardest detective game I've played, and I LOVE it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
      ...nah I've been doing Return of the Obra Dinn.

Hardest detective game I've played, and I LOVE it.
      Heard good things about that one, too.

Comment

• Total War: Thrones of Britannia. I just found it frustrating to play after the "Allegiance" update, but now that the "Steel & Statecraft" update is out I'm once again having a great time with it.

Comment

• Do 40k novels count for this thread? I'm contemplating converting a Death Guard army from scratch, so I'm saying they count.

Restarted reading the Horus Heresy for the first time in a looong time. Reading Flight of the Eisenstein and listening to Horus Rising as an audiobook. And Samus is so much creepier in audio form, which I think is some sort of an accomplishment.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• There is a character named Samus?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Samus the demon.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                Which is just hilarious to Metroid fans.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                  Do 40k novels count for this thread? I'm contemplating converting a Death Guard army from scratch, so I'm saying they count.

Restarted reading the Horus Heresy for the first time in a looong time. Reading Flight of the Eisenstein and listening to Horus Rising as an audiobook. And Samus is so much creepier in audio form, which I think is some sort of an accomplishment.
                  Flight of the Eisenstein is one of my favorites, along with Thousand Sons and The First Heretic

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• I got trapped playing Cultist Simulator for a couple days. And when I say "trapped", I'm not speaking metaphorically - I couldn't stop playing. And that isn't because I enjoyed it; it's because the game is like Cookie Clicker in how it uses fast-moving timers to motivate you to make just one more move, then another, then another, until several hours have gone by.

I finally managed to quit when it became apparent that I'd made it impossible for myself to win the game due to decisions I made many hours earlier. So I concluded my career with one of the game's minor victories, and then deleted it from my system. I don't think I'll play anything developed by the Weather Factory in the future, either.
                    Last edited by semicasual; 12-31-2018, 09:38 AM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• It's a great game very fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by semicasual View Post
                        I got trapped playing Cultist Simulator for a couple days. And when I say "trapped", I'm not speaking metaphorically - I couldn't stop playing. And that isn't because I enjoyed it; it's because the game is like Cookie Clicker in how it uses fast-moving timers to motivate you to make just one more move, then another, then another, until several hours have gone by.

I finally managed to quit when it became apparent that I'd made it impossible for myself to win the game due to decisions I made many hours earlier. So I concluded my career with one of the game's minor victories, and then deleted it from my system. I don't think I'll play anything developed by the Weather Factory in the future, either.
                        I played through Cultist Simulator a couple times. I had to look up a walkthrough before it really clicked for me - the game's stubborn refusal to explain itself is just irritating - but once I grasped the strategy behind it and figured out what I needed to do, it felt atmospheric enough that I did enjoy myself.

Can I ask how you made it impossible for yourself to win? I haven't played since the Dancer DLC was released, but I don't remember those pitfalls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cielle View Post
                          I played through Cultist Simulator a couple times. I had to look up a walkthrough before it really clicked for me - the game's stubborn refusal to explain itself is just irritating - but once I grasped the strategy behind it and figured out what I needed to do, it felt atmospheric enough that I did enjoy myself.

Can I ask how you made it impossible for yourself to win? I haven't played since the Dancer DLC was released, but I don't remember those pitfalls.
                          I fundamentally disagree with the game's ethos about withholding information, so here's some spoilers:

I was playing as the Inspector with an Enlightenment goal, and my cult was based around Lantern. To perform the rite to become Enlightened, you need to combine assets with a total Lantern value of 36, including:

1. High-level Lantern Lore (value: 12-14)
                          2. The Watchman's Glass (value: 12)
                          3. An Exalted Follower with a high Lantern rating, preferably one who has also been boosted with another Lantern tool of their own. (value: 10-12)

That last point was the sticking point for me, because I didn't realize that every time I arrested someone as the Inspector, I was removing people from the pool of those who could join my cult. Because making arrests is a terrific way to bring in funds, I arrested more than 50 people over the course of my game... which included every single Lantern cultist I could have recruited.

I didn't notice anything was wrong, at first - I just assumed that my Cult was never going to grow beyond 6 members, and those 6 had enough talents between them that they were generally crushing Expeditions (10 Forge and 10 Edge overcomes most obstacles). It was only when I finally had the Rite explained to me that I learned I *had* to have someone with a high Lantern value. A hireling wouldn't do, so I was screwed.

I have since looked around online to see if Spirits can take the place of Followers for the purpose of doing rites. If so, you might be able summon Teresa the Baldomerian to do the Rite. But even if that were true, I'm definitely not up for spending more of my time trying to test it. Generally, I feel this game doesn't respect my time, and even Debug Mode doesn't really help.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• I found a game store near me that supports FFG's X-Wing game and has both open play and store tournaments. They also do board game nights and DnD Adventurer's League too. I'm pretty happy about this as I got a new gift set of DnD books, a bunch of X-Wing ships and the conversion kits for my 1st ed ships, and I have a bunch of board games I haven't played yet.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                            Posts in this color are moderator posts
                            Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                            Forum Terms of Use
                            the Contact Us link.

Comment

• I've always been curious. That simulates 3d combat, right? It's always seemed a shame that 3d combat gets so complex and seems to rely a lot more on miniatures, but even as someone who's not a Star Wars fan I can appreciate good looking minis.

Comment

• Ehh, the 3D is pretty minimal still. It essentially is 2D except that you can pass through other ships with the assumption you are going under/over them. If you stop on them you collide though.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Working...
                                X