Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

The current controversies surrounding the EPIC Game Store.

Where they're swiping up PC games and turning them into timed exclusives, despite some of them being initially advertised for Steam. Games thus far include Metro: Exodus, The Outer Worlds, and now the PC version of Borderlands 3. People not liking having to move to a newer, more inferior service.
    In this case, it was Anno 1800. It's already such a niche series (the games are only really popular in Germany), I can't imagine it will benefit with this move.

Like...if you want to tie your game to some storefront because they gave you a payoff, do that from the beginning. Don't do this bait-and-switch crap.

Comment

• I wish they would stick to releasing games for free on the Epic store in lieu of also exploiting timed exclusives. Like, I'm on the Epic store because of Subnautica, but now I've also got Oxenfree, The Witness, and...something else.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
      Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
      He/him pronouns, please

Comment

• I beat This Is The Police 2. It's decidedly darker than This Is The Police 1 - which is saying a lot. After so much concentrated noir, I'm looking for more positive play experiences.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• I'm considering getting Devil May Cry 5 - not just for the positive reviews, but also on the strength of its soundtrack.

To those of you who have played it: Is it a good action game?

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Devil May Cry 5 is superb. I think it's the best devil may cry game and has quickly become my favourite. It is also an unabashed love letter to the series. There are lots of little nods to previous games, especially in boss design.
            If you liked any of the previous games, or enjoyed bayonetta or the older God of War games you'll almost certainly enjoy it.

Also the soundtrack is brilliant

Comment

• I've played a few hours of Enter The Gungeon. It's a twin-stick, roguelike, bullet-hell shooter - combining three genres I'm not a fan of. But I got it as a gift, and it's highly rated, so I thought I should give it a try.

As I suspected I would, I stink at it. Can barely get to the 2nd level after many, many tries. But at the same time, mechanically and stylistically, it's very impressive. I think this will join the collection of games that I will finish, albeit with a lot of hacking to offset my inability to git gud.
              Last edited by semicasual; 04-30-2019, 03:59 PM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• It's a hit at our house, though Binding of Isaac is probably the most popular of the roguelikes. I think the challenge has dimmed my kids interest a bit, and yeah it is pretty tricky, and the bosses are pretty tough considering the genre.

Comment

• Supposed leak of Microsoft's E3 2019 press conference. Have all the salt ready.

Comment

Looks like a pretty safe line up. Some sequels and new generation of consoles. The most surprising is Battletoads.

Comment

...Battletoads?

...Seriously?

...Dude...Microsoft...the demand is just a MEME, man...

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post

...Battletoads?

...Seriously?

I'm a fan of the IP. If I can get another fun beat-em up/platformer then I'm happy as a clam.

The Final Frontier

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post

...Battletoads?

...Seriously?

I’d call that a red flag that the “leak” is probably fake. Most of it sounds pretty reasonable, but Battletoads looks like a troll’s calling card to me.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
                            Looks like a pretty safe line up. Some sequels and new generation of consoles. The most surprising is Battletoads.
                            Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post

...Battletoads?

...Seriously?

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

I’d call that a red flag that the “leak” is probably fake. Most of it sounds pretty reasonable, but Battletoads looks like a troll’s calling card to me.
                            Huh?

Didn't they announce the existence of a new Battletoads as far back as last E3? Which last I checked that wasn't a joke announcement.

Comment

Huh?

Didn't they announce the existence of a new Battletoads as far back as last E3? Which last I checked that wasn't a joke announcement.
                              Oh, did they? I haven’t been paying Microsoft much attention this gen cause I don’t have an xbone and don’t really care to, so it’s quite possible I missed that announcement.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

Battletoads was announced as 'in development' during last year's e3 ahowcase.

The Final Frontier

Comment

Working...
                                X