Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
    Yeah, I was watching my brother play it. It reminded me of something like a mix of Prince of Persia and Sekiro (basically more fast paced Dark Souls).
    The stamina meter and block/parry system is pretty Sekiro-like, but it lacks the stealth element, and combat is more aggressive. Like... Bloodborne does Sekiro? Kind of? The feel of combat kind of defies analogy, despite the distinctly From Software mechanical systems.

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
    Seemed pretty cool. I'm hoping the story gets good. Apparently Chris Avellone is on the writing team, and I think his work in KotOR 2 is some of the best writing that's appeared in the Star Wars franchise. So if he was able to bring even a bit of that to Fallen Order I'd hope it would end up being pretty good.
    I’ve heard that the story is quite good. I just haven’t played enough to form my own opinion yet, except that I feel that the character introductions were rushed. I get the distinct impression that the writers expect me to already have some familiarity with the characters from the marketing.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Been playing cat ninja pro. It's like the "impossible game"

There is nothing permanent except change.

Comment

• I've been doing Outer Worlds (when the PS4 is free) for the past bit. Seems like a nice game, but hard to gauge the size from the small area I'm at. Like it doesn't -seem- like it would be too long, but there's gotta be more to it. Complaint ahead, there's I guess very mild spoilers for the beginning of the game..

Also I don't get whoever was behind the NPC planning. I basically walk into town and see an argument and, bam, I'm saddled with one NPC. I do another quest in the same town and find out that the NPC who gave it to me is an asshole, but now he's my asshole and apparently is going to join my adventures. Then I finally meet a character I do like, has an interesting personality and literally wants to do the same job my character's sort of found himself doing, and my only option is to persuade them to go back to town on behalf of someone else. I would have appreciated a spunky sidekick.

Comment

• Reading through the Battletoads comic in Nintendo Power. Great inspiration for Pentex.

The Final Frontier

Comment

• Still chugging through Outer Worlds, slowly. Finally got to the next area the other day and I run into a scripted event. On a spaceship there's a guard trying to cool down an argument between a corporate stormtrooper-type and a visually distinct character who was just too cool for school. Apparently he had punched the stormtrooper, because he's tired of taking his shit as a boss. And he would have thrown him out the air lock if he had his way. This guy basically screams 'I am a badass,' in the most obnoxious way possible, just as loud as he screamed 'I am a companion for the main character!' With a sigh I went up and interacted with him, and his story paints an even better picture of this guy, who takes jobs he hates from people he hates, who wraps all his pride in an in-world sports team and how, if someone dares mock them, he'll just go off on them. And I'm pressing the buttons, wincing each time because it's not letting me Leave Conversation and I worry I've already agreed somehow to let this walking cliche on my team. Fortunately after hearing his boring life story it did give me an out so he's still stuck there grabbing attention to anyone who walks by near my parked ship.

Man I really don't get these games. If you're going to make a character try...something...give them a personality I'd want to have on my team, some reason to be curious about them and not a stereotype from shows from when I was a kid.

Comment

• Tekken 6 and 7.

The Final Frontier

Comment

• Not super interested in the new Smash character, but the very first Mii costume was Altair with Ezio's theme playing in the background. More Assassin's Creed coming to Switch? One can hope.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• I finally got around to playing wasteland 2. and I have to say if wasteland 3 is anything like wasteland 2 then its gonna be a day one buy for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X