No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm playing The Secret World. I'm also thinking of getting back into Pokemon; I haven't played since Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby Jerusalem View Post
      What type of bugs are you encountering? I had a few but they shook themselves out. I liked it well enough, and just put it to bed tonight. Can't have hated it too much if I took the time to 100% the game and the achievements which...I don't think I've ever done before.
      When I got it, it seems there was a widespread bug (on the Steam PC version anyway) which prevented achievements from unlocking. The game also had the tendency to crash to a black screen whenever I completed a mission when I was playing on my desktop. Works fine on my laptop, though I prefer to use the desktop when I can.

It's nothing huge, just minor quality-of-life stuff. Figured I'd give it a little time.

Comment

I keep looking at the icon for Marvel Heroes on my desktop, but it has kind of broken my will.

Forever and always forward.
        Don't ask why that came to mind or that I felt the need to post it.
        I see the incorporeally challenged.

Comment

World of Warcraft and Battlefield 4

On the table top, Pathfinder RPG fills up most of my time. I am working to fit in some Numenera and I am becoming acquainted with the FATE system.

The Forum Member Also Known as "Mike Holland"

Comment

On the PC I am getting back into Sryth after a long break. I am also laying Star Trek Online and Dwarf Corp with my wife.

As far as tabletop, I'm running a WoD mortal / cross over. We are about to try our first LARP tomorrow evening!

Comment

Europa Universalis 4/Crusader Kings 2/Victoria 2

Thinking of getting into Hearts of Iron, but I already have plenty timesinks with these three, so probably not.

All who wish to exist must first accept the existence of things beyond themselves and their current awareness, only then can existence return the favour.

irc.sorcery.net #theonyxpath

Comment

Currently running a WHFRP 2E game. Only had the first session but it was loads of fun. Running session 2 on monday. thinking about making it weekly instead of bi-weekly like I was originally planning.

pls respont

Comment

Originally posted by Cielle View Post

When I got it, it seems there was a widespread bug (on the Steam PC version anyway) which prevented achievements from unlocking. The game also had the tendency to crash to a black screen whenever I completed a mission when I was playing on my desktop. Works fine on my laptop, though I prefer to use the desktop when I can.

It's nothing huge, just minor quality-of-life stuff. Figured I'd give it a little time.
                  They've patched achievements in. It took a few days, but I remember when I booted it up and it gave me 33 achievements at once.

Mage the Awakening 2e Communal Homebrew Threads:
                  - Perils of the Path - Other homebrew threads linked in the OP!

Join us at the unofficial IRC channels on.irc.sorcery.net at #exalted and now #theonyxpath!

Comment

Originally posted by cerealkiller View Post
                    Currently running a WHFRP 2E game. Only had the first session but it was loads of fun. Running session 2 on monday. thinking about making it weekly instead of bi-weekly like I was originally planning.
                    Ah, I thought this was only about videogames?

I'm currently running Requiem (trying Blood and Smoke rules) to part of my regular group.

We had a Cyberpunk game goign but we stoped it because one of the group members is quite busy now as he is studying again, so in the interim we are playing Vampire.

Another one of the memebrs of the group is also a GM and he's been running Warhammer Fantasy 1st Ed. (The Enemy Within Campaing) for us all for the past 2 years.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

In terms of video games I've been alternating between Pokemon Y and Ace Attorney Dual Destinies on the 3DS, both are great. Also got a big of a backlog of games from GOG to get through.

As for RPGs I'm going to be GMing a Technocracy game starting tomorrow.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Blizzard has revealed the next expansion for WoW, Warlords of Draenor. It involves some kind of time travel taking players back to Draenor before the subjugation of the orcs, or the Dreinei (sp?) fleeing.

The Forum Member Also Known as "Mike Holland"

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller View Post
                          Blizzard has revealed the next expansion for WoW, Warlords of Draenor. It involves some kind of time travel taking players back to Draenor before the subjugation of the orcs, or the Dreinei (sp?) fleeing.
                          I've been watching all of this closely over at MMOChampion. ...this expansion looks pretty fun. Especially with the building and keeping up with a garrison ( Blizz's answer to player housing ).

Got an angel on the left hand and a devil on the right
                          She's gonna raise a little hell up in heaven tonight---Vixen
                          When you say it's all divine and meant to be
                          What about your flesh and blood and defiers like me?---Avantasia

Comment

Skyrim. Again. Playing as a mage this time. I've never played as one before. Not used to magic characters. It's...difficult.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Playing VtM Bloodlines with the unofficial patch 8.8 now (Anda Gangrel for my first playthrough), picked it up when it was on sale on Steam. Humble Bundle was running a deal on the previous Batman games (both AA and AC) along with some other games, totally worth the $5 since I didn't get either game in any format. I'm trying to wean off of console gaming since I got a gaming laptop over the summer. I did a side by side comparison between my laptop and the 360 during the Battlefield 4 beta and the laptop was far superior graphics wise and supported more players at one time.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                              Posts in this color are moderator posts
                              Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                              Forum Terms of Use
                              the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude of Legend View Post
                                Skyrim. Again. Playing as a mage this time. I've never played as one before. Not used to magic characters. It's...difficult.
                                You're in for a treat. Mages can be difficult in the early levels, but they can eventually become so game-breakingly powerful that even the optional megabosses from the Dragonborn expansion pose no threat. Some suggestions:

- Conjuration is very useful early on. The Daedra-summoning spells are probably more useful than the necromancy spells here.

- Restoration is very much worth the investment. Healing is always useful, and the Recovery perks are incredibly helpful. Be sure to make use of the school's Turn Undead spells (or possibly the Ward spells), though: the healing spells alone will NOT level the skill fast enough to keep it competitive.

- Destruction magic can be a very powerful weapon, but as you've probably noticed, the necessity of casting these spells over and over guzzles Magicka. Carry potions and wear some Fortify Destruction gear...speaking of which...

- Enchanting. Remember how I said mages were crazy powerful? This is the key. See, if you can get enough Fortify Destruction items, you can reduce spell costs by 100%. Which means you can cast some killer spells without limitations. If you pick up the Stagger perk for Destruction magic, you can stun-lock almost any enemy in the game. I recommend you make this Enchanting/Destruction combo a priority. The best part is, you can hit that 100% mark with unaugmented Enchanting, no special preparations required. (I mean, you need a few different items, but you won't have to do any looping alchemy exploits or create some super-enchanting suit first, the way a lot of enchanting tips require.)
                                Last edited by Cielle; 11-10-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X