Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post

Update? Fan patch or something more official?

(Also dig the look of a female Super Saiyan.)

It's the Unofficial Patch. I prefer that one to the other fan patch because it focuses on just making the game more playable with regard to the original vision.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
    Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

It's the Unofficial Patch. I prefer that one to the other fan patch because it focuses on just making the game more playable with regard to the original vision.
      Cool. Do you know anywhere I can get some info on what the other patches do? I'm rather curious about what they would add, and if they're stable or not.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post

Cool. Do you know anywhere I can get some info on what the other patches do? I'm rather curious about what they would add, and if they're stable or not.
        I know Nexus Mod has a whole heaping helping of mods for Bloodlines, and they should be community rated.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
        Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDamnHero View Post

I know Nexus Mod has a whole heaping helping of mods for Bloodlines, and they should be community rated.
          Thanks. I know there's a lot of stuff people have added to Bloodlines, it gets kind of confusing to sort them all out.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• I decided to get Final Fantasy XV 90 hours of game-play ago... and I ended up loving it. I'm still fiddling around doing optional bits (like catching every fish and learning every recipe, and also the actual side-quests) and am very glad to have decided to go for it and purchase the game.

Makes me more hopeful that future Final Fantasy titles will be pleasing to me.

Not so noble anymore.

Comment

• So I've gotten back into Terraria, and I was into it like AGES ago. Back before the big mid-boss that exists to be killed so "things get real".Been playing with some friends and it's good. I love flying around. I love being creative and dodging left and right in nasty fights, as well as up and down. I love how we built an arena in the sky and filled it with ways to make sure we can regenerate our mana and health mid battle.

Sure, some of this stuff was my design, but others not so much. Best part, friend and I were making a subway that went from ocean to ocean... I suggest we dig down for it, and so we do so... turns out the EXACT level I picked was perfect. 1 block up or down and we'd have been flooded out. Though the subway is less important now that I built teleporters (and said friend built a hub room) that go to a few different bases.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• I really want to find someone to play Burrows & Badgers with, but maybe I should be happy that my wallet remains unharmed by the game.

Comment

• Been playing Dragonball Xenoverse 2 more than anything else. Modders have been able to do amazing stuff with it on PC - including adding new characters to the roster without having to overwrite existing ones.

The new Parallel Quests from the recent DLC are super hard, though. At my skill level I don't know if I can do them by myself (or with AI helpers) like I normally do. The allies' AI is as useless as ever while enemies read input like a SNK boss, have a ton of health and take very little damage on top of that.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Playing through FFVII. When I first had the game, when I was 14, I didn't fully grasp how abusable the materia system was. Now I do, and I have unfinished business with this game. I was thinking of trying FFIX next, but if I get a computer that can run Total Warhammer my plans will change very quickly.

Comment

• I'm midway through DOOM 2016.

I never played the original DOOM, and I'm not into ultraviolent shooters in general. But this one does an unusually good job of actually making the act of ripping creatures apart not feel like mindless sadism - more like a side-effect of the tactics you must use to survive. The Doom Marine is a badass, but not an unstoppable one. There's a real challenge to overcoming the hordes of enemies that require both brutal precision and overwhelming force to defeat. The fights have a way of keeping you constantly in motion instead of standing in one place throwing ordnance around or hiding behind cover and popping out for opportune shots.

Overall, it looks good and it feels great.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
                        Playing through FFVII. When I first had the game, when I was 14, I didn't fully grasp how abusable the materia system was. Now I do, and I have unfinished business with this game. I was thinking of trying FFIX next, but if I get a computer that can run Total Warhammer my plans will change very quickly.

If you haven't played FF9 before, I'd definitely recommend it. It was my second favorite Final Fantasy game after 7.

Comment

• Just came back from an awesome one shot of Conan.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• Just finished a playthrough of God Eater 2: Rage Burst. I also played the previous game, God Eater: Resurrection.

I was looking for a Monster Hunter-like game for the PC, and these two titles came out on Steam last year. But I didn't really enjoy either one. In short, these games are each about 10 hours of fun padded out into a 60-70 hour package. The experience of fighting giant monsters is fun at first, but you wind up fighting the same set of them over and over on the same maps dozens of times. It gets old. Everything enjoyable about the game gets swallowed up by this pointless repetition.

Next, I'm doing Quantum Break. I'm only a little ways into it, but I'm intrigued by the combination of live action "shows" and third-person shooter gameplay.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Really enjoying Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. I've grown up playing Commandos, Desperados and Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood. This game combines gameplay I've missed for...10 years? with setting I enjoy very much (Edo Japan; only thing better would be wuxia). Characters have fun kits, Hardcore is cool difficulty and doesn't force you to rely on cheap tricks or system mastery and it's perfectly viable to play each mission for the first time on it, and art is pretty. I'm at 9th mission currently (not sure how many are there in total), but so far I dig it, I dig it a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by WHW View Post
                                Really enjoying Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. I've grown up playing Commandos, Desperados and Robin Hood: Legend of Sherwood. This game combines gameplay I've missed for...10 years? with setting I enjoy very much (Edo Japan; only thing better would be wuxia). Characters have fun kits, Hardcore is cool difficulty and doesn't force you to rely on cheap tricks or system mastery and it's perfectly viable to play each mission for the first time on it, and art is pretty. I'm at 9th mission currently (not sure how many are there in total), but so far I dig it, I dig it a lot.
                                I played Desperados, way back when. One of the things I found frustrating about it was that it seemed designed in such a way that later missions could only be completed by doing a specific series of actions with specific characters. In other words, each mission became a puzzle with only one solution. Does Shadow Tactics share that problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X