No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still chugging away at For Honor. Finally got my set of Hafgrim axes and branching out more into other characters. So far I'm liking the Warlord and the Kensei. Had fun with the Conqueror too.

I was fiddling around with the video record feature of the PS4 seeing how it works. This is my first fight as a Conqueror, against an Orochi, a quick, katana-wielding assassin type.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07...BWdmVrUzA/view
    It looks best in higher quality, which I think has processed by now.

I originally thought I'd give Ghost Recon Wildlands a shot, but I'll probably wait a year or two. Looks beautiful, the type of open world you really want, but the game seems pretty one note. Horizon Zero Dawn looks gorgeous but I haven't heard anyone talking about the gameplay. It looks, unfortunately, more like the standard open-but-not-really world you find in adventure games. Been dabbling in Duelyst, which seems like a fun alternative to Hearthstone.
    Last edited by nofather; 03-08-2017, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• I'm considering dropping my Warcraft Sub. Haven't logged in for a while. The 'community' aspect just isn't what it used to be, and I lack the time/energy to be in a raiding guild to try to get it back.

​I am enjoying Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5 for quick diversions, and still play Hearthstone. The new Plants vs Zombies hard mode though... nope, not paying for premium plants still.

​I just bought the Game of the Year edition of Dragon Age Inquisition for the X-Box One (on sale for $13.50!), so I now have all the DA games for both PC & X-Box, though not the premium DLC for DA2, just wish I had as much stuff unlocked for DA:O and DA2 on the X-Box as I do for the PC, though the Keep helps. Probably will be getting Mass Effect, but not at launch.

I'm actually looking for a classic World of Darkness chat game. Text based, because I'm a better writer than speaker, and it's hard to get into the mindset of the variety of characters I play when they all sound like 'me'. Unfortunately, the fandom is spread out, divided (cWoD, WoD20, and CoD) and most games are dead or dying, with people just hanging around hoping for something to happen, and afraid (or unable) to go in and actually make something happen. Not to mention the sheer volume of dead links to slog through to find something.

Comment

• Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It's...like I never left. God, I have so many fond memories of this game.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilTyger View Post
          ​I am enjoying Halo Wars 2 and Halo 5 for quick diversions, and still play Hearthstone. The new Plants vs Zombies hard mode though... nope, not paying for premium plants still.

​I just bought the Game of the Year edition of Dragon Age Inquisition for the X-Box One (on sale for $13.50!), so I now have all the DA games for both PC & X-Box, though not the premium DLC for DA2, just wish I had as much stuff unlocked for DA:O and DA2 on the X-Box as I do for the PC, though the Keep helps. Probably will be getting Mass Effect, but not at launch.
          ​Looks like we play some of the same games. DA:I has a ton of content and I barely scratched the surface. Right now I'm primarily playing Smite, Halo Wars 2, and Magic Duels when I want to get in a couple of quick games to kill some time while waiting for my Smite clanmates to get on their Xboxes. If you haven't taken advantage of the "play anywhere" program for HW2 I recommend it, it translated to PC well (though I fully admit to sucking some major ass when using a mouse and keyboard, haven't used that set up since I last played StarCraft 2 almost 10 years ago.)

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
          Posts in this color are moderator posts
          Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
          Forum Terms of Use
          the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Mass Effect Andromeda is looking increasingly rough, but what's really worrying me is how scarce wlw romance options seem to be. If they make the character I have eyes on straight, then I'm honestly just going to cancel my pre-order and watch a playthrough on Youtube.

I really don't feel like paying $70 for mediocre gunplay and no lesbian content.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Seriously? That's... sad. Isn't that kinda one of the things that Bioware became known for? atamajakki, I'm in agreement with you. That matters to me. Who do you have your eyes on?

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Originally posted by haren View Post
                Seriously? That's... sad. Isn't that kinda one of the things that Bioware became known for? atamajakki, I'm in agreement with you. That matters to me. Who do you have your eyes on?
                Vetra, the Turian gal.

Bioware gets big brownie points for being the only AAA developer to give any sort of nod to representation, but historically they're pretty awful about it.

Just call me Lex.

Comment

• Xbox Live is having an awesome sale. Just picked up South Park: Stick of Truth for 8 bucks and Ollie Ollie 2 for 4 bucks. So many games, so little time.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Vetra, the Turian gal.

Bioware gets big brownie points for being the only AAA developer to give any sort of nod to representation, but historically they're pretty awful about it.

It's kinda sad that I was hugely impressed that one of the side quests in Horizon Zero Dawn has you helping a gay man who is explicitly gay, considering he talks about his lover who is every obviously a man. I feel like AAA games have made even small things seem more important than they should be because they're actually THERE and GOOD.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• I just finished a game of Moon Hunters - a mythic legend game with a unique, choose-your-own adventure style of narrative paired with hack'n'slash gameplay. I recommend playing with a partner or two. Finishing a run of the game only takes about an hour, but each time do a run you may uncover new things and unlock new content.

Now I'm playing Orwell, a game about being a data miner in a surveillance state. I find it interesting that, unlike other games where you have to find all the clues in a text to continue, in Orwell you have discretion about what you do or do not report and not all of what you find is important. Some of it is silly or misleading. Your handler will take everything you report at face value though, so be careful about accidentally accusing people of theft or torture.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                        Xbox Live is having an awesome sale. Just picked up South Park: Stick of Truth for 8 bucks and Ollie Ollie 2 for 4 bucks. So many games, so little time.
                        Not to mention Borderlands 2 free with gold membership.

I've been playing a lot of For Honor (go Vikings!) And Smite.

Comment

Mass Effect Andromeda is looking increasingly rough, but what's really worrying me is how scarce wlw romance options seem to be. If they make the character I have eyes on straight, then I'm honestly just going to cancel my pre-order and watch a playthrough on Youtube.

I really don't feel like paying $70 for mediocre gunplay and no lesbian content.
                          I remember Bioware got hit hard over Dragon Age 2 where they made pretty much every character bisexual because of so many previous complaints from fans that they liked X character, but their character couldn't romance them because of their choice of sex. But then gays and lesbians were (justifiably) outraged at the idea that sexual orientation was being treated as something that people can just pick up or take off at a drop of the hat and said that Bioware was wrong to simply make every character bisexual and then wash their hands like they did.

Bioware definitely learned their lesson after that, and since then most of the characters have limitations on who can romance them, which of course, makes the original group of people unhappy.

That said, I was disappointed enough with ME3 that I have no interest in Andromeda and haven't been following it, so I don't know what's going on with it.
                          Last edited by AnubisXy; 03-14-2017, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• So some folks have review copies of Mass Effect and it's looking like Vetra responds well to female flirting, so I'm back onboard for the game, even with the horrid animations and mediocre gameplay.

But hey, space lesbians!

Just call me Lex.

Comment

• So I spent a little bit of time looking up the new ME game. If you can romance the Krogan I just might pick it up.

Comment

But hey, space lesbians!
                                Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                                So I spent a little bit of time looking up the new ME game. If you can romance the Krogan I just might pick it up.
                                Am I the only one who plays these games for the setting and non-romantic aspects of the characters?

Honestly, I just want to see cool places, meet interesting people, and blow **** up. The sex/romance aspect of the ME games always felt to me to be a little unnecessary and sometimes distracting. Especially in ME2, where you can't finish several characters' development unless you screw them.

That goes double for the Dragon Age games (I'm looking at you, Morrigan!).

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X