No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started Children of the Zodiarcs on a whim. It's superficially like Final Fantasy Tactics or Disgaea, but instead of classes and equipment to add complexity, you've got customizable arrangements of cards and dice. Also, a slightly more serious take on the issue of teenagers forced to kill in order to survive.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Friday the 13th for Xbox One. Despite the glitches and overall lack of polish, the game is EXTREMELY fun to play.

When it works(80% of the time), this is possibly my favorite game of the year. Last year was Witcher 3.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Playing through Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines again. Last time I played it must have been back in 2006 or 2007. I'm honestly surprised how well it has managed to hold up graphically, considering it's almost a decade and a half old. I'm also just now appreciating all the work the graphics department put into this game. It's something that I don't always take the time to pay attention to, but there's a ton of minor or innocuous stuff in this game that people clearly spent a lot of time making and designing.

Comment

• Playing on SAMP CWoD server.

Comment

• I picked up Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice again and just finished the fourth case. I've really enjoyed the Kurain cases so far, but the U.S. cases feel extremely weak and so far only seem to be filler while the main story happens on the other side of the world.

Also Simon Blackquill is the worst character in the franchise and I will fight anyone who disagrees.

she/her

Comment

• Been playing Resident Evil 3 on my PS2 (I am so glad it can play PS1 games).

I also really want to play some First Edition Vampire: The Masquerade, preferably as the Storyteller. I'd be cool with running it in real life or online, either way.

The new Style Guide released by White Wolf is actually kind of helpful in capturing a 1e feel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
                Friday the 13th for Xbox One. Despite the glitches and overall lack of polish, the game is EXTREMELY fun to play.

When it works(80% of the time), this is possibly my favorite game of the year. Last year was Witcher 3.
                Really? I was interested about it but I heard quite grim things. Good to know

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps". When not busy writing homebrew, I also try to write CoD fiction. (All paused until August)

Waiting feverishly as instructed

Comment

• I've heard a lot of complaints about the uneven PVP games, like Evolve and Dead by Daylight and the shark game, but I haven't heard people complaining the same about Friday the 13th, though I've not played it myself and I might just have not been in the right place.

Comment

• Yeah, my brother picked up the Friday the 13th game and I was watching him play it. It's definitely glitchy and unpolished, but it was pretty fun. Though I found that the game often ended up turning into a free for all with players all trying to kill each other as much as trying to escape from Jason. Ultimately though it felt more like an advanced beta test of the game than something worth spending money on. But that was a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully they've gotten it patched up and working since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cinder View Post
                      Really? I was interested about it but I heard quite grim things. Good to know

It's fun. Very fun. Every once in a while you'll be with a group of fucking morons who simply want to kill each other(or sucker you into a suicide), but by and large the vast majority of groups I've played with have been great.

At least on Xbox Live they have been.

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

It's fun. Very fun. Every once in a while you'll be with a group of fucking morons who simply want to kill each other(or sucker you into a suicide), but by and large the vast majority of groups I've played with have been great.

At least on Xbox Live they have been.

I might check it out then. I play on PS4 though, so I don't know if the groups there will be as good as the ones you play with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post

I might check it out then. I play on PS4 though, so I don't know if the groups there will be as good as the ones you play with.

That's another thing: There are, at any given moment, hundreds of groups ready to play. No matter the time.

Find a few that you are cool with, and stick with them. It's extremely easy on Xbox Live to do so, but I'm not sure about PS4 as I don't have one.

PENTEX SUCKS.

Comment

• I used to like JRPGs a lot. Now, I find that most of them have to overcome a feeling of contempt before I can commit to them.

I started up Tales of Symphonia, and it started hitting my buttons almost immediately. After an hour, I uninstalled it.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• I am currently playing some Final Fantasy XV. It is awesome.

Comment

• I haven't turned on my PS4 in months. The only game I've touched in about as long has been a handful of hours of The Binding of Isaac. Nothing coming out looks at all exciting except for this Dishonored game, and that I only want to mine for Blades in the Dark inspiration.

Have I done it? Am I done with video games? It feels weird to have zero enthusiasm for this hobby.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X