No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My partner got me a Switch for my birthday and my sister/brother-in-law got me Breath of the Wild, so that has been the last two days for me. Really interesting combo of classic Zelda blended with Assassin's Creed and Skyrim.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• I'm about to participate in a 5e Shadowrun game, when the last time I even looked at the book was a few weeks after it released; before I jump in again, can anyone tell me if they errata'ed some of the dumber rules?

Stuff like withholding bonuses from equipment unless they let it be vulnerable to being bricked by a decker (reasonable for some, but nonsensical for more than a few, such as the collapsible baton extending faster when the wireless is turned on!), or how ramming a motorcycle head-on into a brick wall at full speed was less lethal than a van bumping into the back of another car in a parking lot?
      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 10-15-2017, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        I'm about to participate in a 5e Shadowrun game, when the last time I even looked at the book was a few weeks after it released; before I jump in again, can anyone tell me if they errata'ed some of the dumber rules?

Stuff like withholding bonuses from equipment unless they let it be vulnerable to being bricked by a decker (reasonable for some, but nonsensical for more than a few, such as the collapsible baton extending faster when the wireless is turned on!), or how ramming a motorcycle head-on into a brick wall at full speed was less lethal than a van bumping into the back of another car in a parking lot?

No luck there, there is however a workaround for the bricking issue. Chrome flesh (the augmentation book) has a cyberware name "internal Router" which gives you wireless functionality to some cyberware without being....well wireless.

However as typical of Catalyst what that "some cyberware" is never touched upon and is all DM discretion.

Comment

• I decided to get a spooky videogame for October, so I got Resident Evil 7.

Wish me luck.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• Originally posted by LokiRavenSpeak View Post
            No luck there, there is however a workaround for the bricking issue.
            That's, ah, that's disappointing.

Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
            I decided to get a spooky videogame for October, so I got Resident Evil 7.

Wish me luck.
            Good luck!

Comment

• Currently playing Cuphead. The visuals and music are incredible, and it is really fun even though the difficulty is quite high. And you can't blame the controller for your failures because the game is very precise and responsive to your commands XD

So the game is kicking my ass quite a bit, but I love it anyway. Highly recommended unless you have a low frustration threshold.

You need a picture altered to fit your Exalted character, or just looking for some visual inspiration? Check out the twice-reborn Exaltification thread. And here is my Deviantart page

Søren Kierkegaard + Kim Kardashian = Brilliance

Comment

• Out of sheer boredom and restlessness (and because I only have a 1st gen Wii and PS2), Spider-Man: Web of Shadows Wii version. Not bad, just the motion controls can be a bit redundant. I'm use to the button mashing combos of the PS2 where, as long as I learn the right combo, I can pull off all the different moves. With the Wii, I have fewer buttons to worry about, but I have to use them with the right flick of the controller to get them to work, and it doesn't always work right because I didn't flick right. I keep waiting for Professor Flitwick to show up to tell me "flick and swish".

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
                - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• There are quite good odds (and a teaser that pretty much confirms it) that Freddy Kruger will come to Dead By Daylight next week. If that happens, the game will have Michael Myers, Leatherface and Freddy all together, which is quite awesome if you ask me. No idea how they gonna translate him to the game

Kinda sad that Jason will likely never happen because another "rival" game has his license. Not that I care about the notion of rival games, I think Friday The 13th is nice as well, but having all those legendary slashers in one place would have been nice
                  Last edited by Cinder; 10-18-2017, 02:14 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub
                  Currently writing: "Dark Era: The Forest That Weeps".

Hopes to write about monsters, shapeshifters and soulless abominations someday. If you have criticism that can help me improve, I'm always here

Comment

• Has anyone tried Fortnite? I know haren gave it a chance but didn't seem to elaborate.

Comment

• I kinda have been dealing with depression and not played it in a while. I liked it, but the upgrade materials were slow to be gained at start. I've heard it's better now, so I think I'll try it out once my mood evens out. It was pretty fun building bases and such.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Originally posted by haren View Post
                        I kinda have been dealing with depression and not played it in a while
                        Thanks for the information, I'm sorry to hear about that, I know it's a rough beast to deal with.

Comment

• Just saw a spoiler for the new Assassin’s Creed that finally sold me on it. I hate and distrust Ubisoft, but this actually looks good...

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                            Just saw a spoiler for the new Assassin’s Creed that finally sold me on it. I hate and distrust Ubisoft, but this actually looks good...
                            Don't forget WatchDogs! They're sneaky.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Currently playing Fallout: New Vegas again.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                                Just saw a spoiler for the new Assassin’s Creed that finally sold me on it. I hate and distrust Ubisoft, but this actually looks good...
                                I had not been paying any attention to this game, writing it off as just another Assassin's Creed game. Until today, quite by chance, I became aware that they're doing some things to change up the formula. Most notably, changing the combat system which has remained basically the same for the past 10 years, and adding more RPG style progression mechanics, which are always the fastest way to sell me on a game (seriously, just show me some skill trees and I'll be hooked). So I looked into it a little more, and, uhh... Yeah. I agree with you. Hesitant as I am to give Assassin's Creed another try... I think I'm gonna do it.

Honestly though, the Discovery Tour update is interesting me almost as much as the actual game.
                                Last edited by Charlaquin; 10-22-2017, 01:11 AM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
                                X