No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been thinking about playing Skyrim on my PS4 recently. I think I will start a new playthrough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Camilla View Post
      Been thinking about playing Skyrim on my PS4 recently. I think I will start a new playthrough.
      I actually did exactly that recently. Wanted to try out the new survival mode - which is fine, nothing too special, but I do appreciate having a reason to buy food, lodging, etc.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Anybody else unreasonably excited for Xanathar’s Guide to Everything?

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
          Anybody else unreasonably excited for Xanathar’s Guide to Everything?
          I don't play 5e, but I'm glad to steal bits of lore and other ideas from it. Super happy to see the Oath of Conquest get officially printed, and super sad that Phoenix Sorcerers didn't make the cut.

The only way Wizards could really get my attention would be to put Eberron up for the DM's Guild, because the author of the setting has been sitting on new material for about a decade and hasn't been allowed to publish or talk about any of it.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• The new subclasses are pretty cool. A few of them I’m pretty lukewarm about (like Samurai Fighter) and a few I actively dislike (both of the Warlock ones, which sucks because Warlock is easily my favorite class.) I’m disappointed with their choices of reprints from SCAG (seriously, who would rather have Sun Soul and Mastermind than Arcana Domain and Bladesinger?). Would have liked to see the Paladin of Trechary make the cut - honestly, I think a big part of the reason it didn’t do well in the polls is because it’s competing for the same conceptual space as the Oathbreaker; but it did it so much better than Oathbreaker does. I think it would have been much more popular if it and Oathbreaker had swapped names. I’m very happy for the new Cleric Domains, and for a nonmagical Ranger option, even if it’s technically a Rogue subclass. But I think I’m most excited for the DM’s tools.

I’d like to see if and how the alternate Downtime rules have been refined since the Unearthed Arcana. I’ll be interested to see the alternate trap rules, though I doubt I’ll use them all that much. Curious about the rules for interactions between Skills and Tools, though frankly I think just divorcing Skills from Attributes is the simplest solution to making Tools relevant and I already do that. I’m really interested in the Shared Campaigns appendix because I’ve been interested in that style of play for a good while now, but don’t want to get involved in Adventurer’s League (some of the House rules I use wouldn’t fly there, and more importantly AL is all Forgotten Realms which I detest). So advice on doing that style of campaign at home is something I can’t wait to see. Oh, and finally lifting the hood and showing DMs the unwritten systems for awarding magic items is incredibly appealing, even if that shit really should have been in the DMG.
            Last edited by Charlaquin; 11-08-2017, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Paladin of Conquest is the perfect fit for my idea of a Half-orc overcompensating for his racial chaotic tendencies going full Legal and wanting to create a civilized orc society. Your typical well-meaning extremist with enough rope to hang himself. I am a little dissapointed that they included cavalier instead of Knight (a much better design in my opinion) but it seems they took bits from both to create the definitive subclass in the book, so I am hopeful.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• Can I admit that I'm super stoked for 2 kickstarters starting soon... Changeling 2nd edition and a company I like is putting out portable mini dice towers/boxes.

Edit: The tower/boxes started today! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ptions-storage
                Last edited by haren; 11-08-2017, 11:41 AM.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• I'm getting a Beast game started, so I'm excited about that. Still in pitch/setting/character creation. Gonna take place in Ulster, between Derry and Cotelaine during the early 1970s. Hoping it goes well!

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
                  Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
                  He/him pronouns, please

Comment

• Xanathar's will be amazing (hopefully!). Right now, I am putting together a Beast game set in New Orleans and a Geist game in New York (Bronx) and also a Vampire 20th game in somewhere undecided. I am currently running a Curse of Strahd 5E game and will be running Tomb of Annihilation after that and then potentially starting a Scarred Lands campaign in 5E. So A LOT going on.

Comment

• More than a little sad that my Urban Shadows game is on hiatus, partly because I’ve been too busy with work (hurray for holiday retail!) and partly because the polycule that makes up half our group had a messy breakup, then unbroke up, and now seem to be breaking up for real now.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• I've starting playing Hollow Knight. It's like Dark Souls, if Dark Souls were populated entirely by cartoon bug people. Odd mix of cute and creepy.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• I love Eberron as a setting so goddammn much. Really wish WotC would let me throw money at it again.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                            I love Eberron as a setting so goddammn much. Really wish WotC would let me throw money at it again.
                            Did you back Keith's Patreon? After his last post, I'm really tempted to buy Phoenix. And I really hope that those rumours of Eberron being the next campaign setting to be 5e'd are more substantiated than I think they are. Keith being able to publish again would be awesome, as would being able to toss my owm stuff on the DM's Guild.

(Although I think my dreams of freelancing for anyone in the RPG industry have finally been scuttled for good. Still, it would be a nice feather in the cap.)

CofD booklists:
                            Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                              I love Eberron as a setting so goddammn much. Really wish WotC would let me throw money at it again.
                              Have you listened to WotC’s State of the Industry pannel from Game Hole Con? They talk a fair bit about Eberron in it, though largely in the context of how they want to approach alternate settings in 5e in general. Apparently they want to shift away from settings focusing on places and more towards settings focusing on genre, so FR is their “standard D&D genre”, whereas for a hypothetical Eberron book, they would want it to focus on Eberron as “pulp D&D” or “Noir D&D”. Apparently they do have thoughts about how they want to handle Eberron specifically, but are looking closely at how they want to publish it - they don’t want to make an Eberron campaign guide and then a bunch of Eberron books that you need the campaign guide to use; rather, they would want each Eberron book to be usable even if you only have it and the core 3 Books.

Also, their next big plans for player options are the Mystic (Psion) and the Artificer. Two classes that are pretty important to Eberron. Could be a good sign?

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

Have you listened to WotC’s State of the Industry pannel from Game Hole Con? They talk a fair bit about Eberron in it, though largely in the context of how they want to approach alternate settings in 5e in general. Apparently they want to shift away from settings focusing on places and more towards settings focusing on genre, so FR is their “standard D&D genre”, whereas for a hypothetical Eberron book, they would want it to focus on Eberron as “pulp D&D” or “Noir D&D”. Apparently they do have thoughts about how they want to handle Eberron specifically, but are looking closely at how they want to publish it - they don’t want to make an Eberron campaign guide and then a bunch of Eberron books that you need the campaign guide to use; rather, they would want each Eberron book to be usable even if you only have it and the core 3 Books.

Also, their next big plans for player options are the Mystic (Psion) and the Artificer. Two classes that are pretty important to Eberron. Could be a good sign?
                                I really, really hope so. Hopefully to be followed shortly by Planescape.

CofD booklists:
                                Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

Working...
                                X