Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by semicasual View Post
    I beat Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls. It was... kind of mediocre as a third person shooter, but the writing is as sharp as in the other Danganronpa games. There is however, one big problem I have with how the plot resolved.

The whole hope/despair dichotomy that comes in at the end feels kind of forced, because the choice to either destroy or not destroy the monokuma controller ignores another possibility - learn to work the controller. It's built into a gameboy, how hard could it be? Saving everyone and preventing a war would be easy, if only anyone had the presence of mind to suggest that the monokumas would be much less dangerous with their controller out of the mastermind's hands, and that maybe, just maybe, using the controller would be more helpful than trashing it. And that's before we even get into the question of what to do about the Monokuma Kids.
    What also kind of sucks about UDG is that the DR3 anime that's supposed to wrap the "Hope's Peak Academy" storyline...kind of shafts the whole game. That every major plot development that happens in UDG ends up being made redundant and irrelevant by the end of everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      You know, there’s a lot of folks around here who play D&D, and out discussions of it occasionally drift beyond the scope of the “what games are you playing thread.” I don’t think it’s ever been a problem, but I do wonder if folks might appreciate a general D&D (and maybe Pathfinder) discussion thread here in off-topic?
      Would 13th Age be welcome in it? Kinda my "brand" of D&D-alike I enjoy these days, even adding to an fan-zine for it.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Originally posted by haren View Post

Would 13th Age be welcome in it? Kinda my "brand" of D&D-alike I enjoy these days, even adding to an fan-zine for it.
        Of course! The title may be “the D&D thread”, but it’s open to any sort of D&D-Esque fantasy RPG discussion.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Can anyone recommend a tabletop superhero RPG?

I've experience with Mutants and Masterminds but with an older edition. And there's a lot more that seem popular now and Trinity doesn't look like it's going to be out for a while.
          The Kerberos Club is another ORE game (like Godlike and Better Angels) and I really love it. One of my favourite characters EVER was played in that setting. Basically, it's a Victorian London setting with a counter-culture club of super-humans who might be villains working for Queen and Country, instead of superheroes... but they're members of the Club and the Club protects its own... and tries to find ways to encourage some villains to join them, like offering Antarctica to a prehistoric bio-engineer Lizard Queen if she'll work with them. When your neighbor at the club might be a vampire and it's cool for everyone, not being white or interested in the affections of the same sex or being a trans man is no bigger of a deal.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...too bad the ESRB themselves have already shot down the idea of loot boxes being classified as gambling.

And that, you know, they have economic ties to many of the major publishers that are engaging in microtransactions making the issue extra complicated...

(also clarification: for the ESRB, a game that has actual gambling, that would bump the games' rating to AO, or "Adults Only", which would mean publishers can't sell the game at retail stores. Rated M games can still be sold at retail stores just fine.)

Well, the ESRB was created as a way to get ahead of the anti-videogame stuff coming out of the Clinton years with... Tipper Gore? Point is, it was created not to REALLY regulate the industry, but as a way for the Industry to protect itself.

Comment

• nofather not played it my self but one of my friends goes on about masks, its more the teen drama end of superheros (think young justice, X men evolution, teen titans), i think its a powered by the apocalypse game, so if thats your bag then it might work

Comment

• I'm so excited by Changeling previews that I'm wanting to run or play it, but I already have a Lords of Gossamer and Shadow game planned and it seems almost stupid to consider running a third game (so total of 5 games every two weeks, since one is every 2 weeks).

Comment

• Tomorrow’s livestream about the Destiny 2 DLC got canned at the last second in favor of a blog post about incoming QoL changes coming in December. I want to be excited, but Bungie has basically been silent on all sorts of known issues for three months since launch; I have low hopes.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46504

​They aren't being so silent now.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                    Posts in this color are moderator posts
                    Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                    Forum Terms of Use
                    the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksider View Post
                      https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46504

​They aren't being so silent now.
                      I’m quite pleased with almost all of this.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• Didn't they have a problem with the Experience system, where they told people leveling was twice what it actually was?

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                          Didn't they have a problem with the Experience system, where they told people leveling was twice what it actually was?
                          Yes. Every level you gain after the level cap gives you a free cosmetics lootbox (the same kind you can buy with real money), but the numbers and progress bar visible on screen weren’t accurate to the values actually needed to hit that /and/ there was an invisible negative modifier on xp earned when playing for longer than an hour. This looks pretty bad, as it basically meant that there were a variety of tricks in play to stop people from earning cosmetics for free, thus driving players to buy them with real money. Not a good look.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

• I had always felt like it was taking longer than made sense (based on numbers) to get the lootbox, but had no proof.

Comment

• Been varying degrees of retro for me lately. After some frustrations trying to set it up so the game is hopelessly dark, and finding out the Age of Redemption mod has some poorly thought out game changes. I'm happily diving back into the world of Christof with Vampire the Masquerade Redemption and Civilization 5 has sucked me back into it's one more turn clutches. Beyond that I came super LTTP to Resident Evil 7 and while short it has been as good as advertised.

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrannicalRabbit View Post
                                Been varying degrees of retro for me lately. After some frustrations trying to set it up so the game is hopelessly dark, and finding out the Age of Redemption mod has some poorly thought out game changes. I'm happily diving back into the world of Christof with Vampire the Masquerade Redemption and Civilization 5 has sucked me back into it's one more turn clutches. Beyond that I came super LTTP to Resident Evil 7 and while short it has been as good as advertised.
                                I am still in love with that game; perhaps even more so than Bloodlines(and I love Bloodlines, too).

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X