Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not pursue.

That must be Hulao pass.

I admit the graphics are good in that cinematic, but I've tried and just never been able to really get into the Total War franchise. Are you a big fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
      Do not pursue.

That must be Hulao pass.

I admit the graphics are good in that cinematic, but I've tried and just never been able to really get into the Total War franchise. Are you a big fan?
      Oh yes. Three Kingdoms Total War is so perfect that I'm more excited for this than I was for Total Warhammer, and that's saying something.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• So it looks like I’m gonna be running Night Witches on a podcast!

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
          So it looks like I’m gonna be running Night Witches on a podcast!
          You’ve got to post a link when it drops!

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post

You’ve got to post a link when it drops!
            I’m absolutely terrified of recording my voice.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

I know that feeling. I think it’s incredibly brave of you to do for a podcast. Your willingness to take those kinds of risks inspires me to try and be more bold as well.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                I know that feeling. I think it’s incredibly brave of you to do for a podcast. Your willingness to take those kinds of risks inspires me to try and be more bold as well.
                That’s really sweet of you to say. I think the only comfort is how stoked I am for the game I’ll be running; it’s an unfamiliar system, but a setting I could literally teach lectures on.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

I know that feeling all too well. But I've gotten accepting (if not happy or comfortable) that I'll never look or sound feminine enough for myself. But I'm sure you'll be awesome!

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Started up Dark Souls 3.

Co-op is easier to arrange in this game than either of the previous ones, but I feel like in some ways that's a bad thing. I ran through the High Walls region with a partner, and it completely changed the way the game plays. With two or three people double-teaming powerful enemies, very few of them are really threatening. And if one or both players already knows the level, then the risks and challenges of exploring unknown spaces is nullified.

Dark Souls, in my experience, is at its best when you overcome dangerous and powerful opponents. That feeling of relief and exhilaration from defeating something that by all rights should have killed you is the thing that makes all the painful struggle worthwhile. Mastering the game, not just beating it, is what makes Souls-like games rewarding for me.

Plus, I'm pretty sure at least two of the five red phantoms that invaded in the space of a couple hours (!!!) were hackers. One seemed to have infinite estus flasks, and the other one had weapons and spells from way further ahead in the game. I don't like invaders at the best of times, but I can't abide cheaters.

So, from this point onward, I think I'll be playing in normal, non-Lord of Cinder mode for most of the game. I'll miss the health bonus, but I think it's a small price to pay for getting an "authentic" dark souls experience and not having to deal with cheaters.
                    Last edited by semicasual; 01-11-2018, 11:11 AM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• OH MY GOD THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU IS GETTING A SWITCH PORT WITH NEW STORY CONTENT

I’VE WAITED TEN YEARS FOR THIS

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

I’VE WAITED TEN YEARS FOR THIS

Were you really waiting if you never thought it would actually happen? : P

I know I didn't.

Nintendo Switch is getting some good stuff next year.

Donkey Kong, the new all-girl SNK fighting game, TWEWY, Kirby, etc.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

Were you really waiting if you never thought it would actually happen? : P

I know I didn't.

Nintendo Switch is getting some good stuff next year.

Donkey Kong, the new all-girl SNK fighting game, TWEWY, Kirby, etc.
                          Putting the characters in Kingdom Hearts and teasing new content in the iOS port meant something was coming, I just wasn’t sure how many decades I’d be sitting around for.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

Putting the characters in Kingdom Hearts and teasing new content in the iOS port meant something was coming, I just wasn’t sure how many decades I’d be sitting around for.

I actually had no idea the above two things happened.

It was always a game I loved the art style for, but couldn't afford to purchase a 3DS at the time to play. But a Switch purchase is looking more and more likely.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Meanwhile still up in the air on if a TWEWY2 will ever come...

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
                                Meanwhile still up in the air on if a TWEWY2 will ever come...
                                We’re getting what may well be another Week with the new girl and something to do with the Harajuku reaper reviving Sho. I’ll settle for that for now.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Comment

Working...
                                X