No announcement yet.

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After finally finishing Dark Souls 3, I'm going through my collection of VR games. VR games as a rule aren't as long as other PC games, so I'm finishing them fairly quickly.

I Expect You to Die is a collection of escape-room puzzles with a common conceit - you're a mid-20th century Bond-style secret agent, and every room contains a multi-stage deathtrap. Fun, once you get used to the idea that death can be a learning experience. Also, it allows you to set a startling number of things on fire.

Archangel is, so far as I know, the first and only Mech simulator game for VR, and the only mech-simulator game ever where you teleoperate the arms. If you've ever felt disappointed that the Mechwarrior games didn't allow you to punch things, this game might be for you.

The Invisible Hours is somewhere between a game and a film. In some ways it's very similar to The Sexy Brutale, which was made by the same developer, Tequila Works. An 80-minute drama plays itself out in the mansion of Nikola Tesla, who, at the start of the show, is lying dead in his entrance hall. You can freely move around the house and observe events as they progress. Other characters cannot see you and you cannot interact with them, but you can pick up books, letters, and knickknacks that might help you understand what is happening. I've looped through the first 20 minutes several times now, following each of the game's characters, and I've been very impressed so far with the sophistication they show in interacting with the environment and each other. I hope more VR pseudo-films like this come out in the future.
    Last edited by semicasual; 01-26-2018, 10:00 AM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• So Epic Games announced that their MOBA "Paragon" is shutting down on April 26th. Due to the massive success of Fortnite Battle Royale, shifting manpower and resources from their other projects (including from Paragon) to Fortnite BR, and an overall dwindling playerbase.

Welp. There goes me and my (former) coworker's lynchpin game.
      Last edited by tasti man LH; 01-26-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• I saw that, I figured some people here would be disappointed. That was a quick turnaround but I hear they're offering refunds?

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
          I saw that, I figured some people here would be disappointed. That was a quick turnaround but I hear they're offering refunds?
          Yeah looks like it:

To try to make this right, Epic is offering a full refund to every Paragon player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Epic rather than your platform provider.

To request your refund, follow these steps:
          1. If you’re not playing on PC, link your Epic account (create one if necessary).
          2. If you play on PC, or have already linked your Epic account, you can request your refund here.

Comment

• I hadn't played in a while, but I really liked Paragon :/

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• On a different note, I've gotten Dragonball FighterZ and Monster Hunter World for the Xbone, and in non video games I decided to dive into Star Wars X-Wing. Holy crap X-Wing gets expensive fast.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
              Posts in this color are moderator posts
              Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
              Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksider View Post
                On a different note, I've gotten Dragonball FighterZ and Monster Hunter World for the Xbone,
                Would you recommend either for someone with a newborn, full time job, but still manages to play around an hour of games a night(losing sleep of course)?

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

Would you recommend either for someone with a newborn, full time job, but still manages to play around an hour of games a night(losing sleep of course)?
                  Monster Hunter is massive and time-consuming. FighterZ is apparently one of the easiest fighting games to learn of the last decade.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• I think Bioware is probably going to die soon, but in spite of everything I’m actually a little excited at the prospect of a new Dragon Age.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Is it about to die? Why? I am very disconencted from videogames these days.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• I mean the announcement cancelling all DLC for ME:Andromeda (or at least single player stuff- cant remember all the details) was a little concerning, and over the last few years it just seems as if they are abandoning what built bioware as a brand (solid story rich rpgs) in favour of multiplayer games or multiplayer portions of rpgs, but tbh outside of indi devs I'm seeing that all over the gaming industry at least when it comes to PC games, Though i am wandering how the increase in countries moving towards classifying loot boxes as gambling will effect this.

Comment

• I see, thanks for the info. I knew ME had quite the backslash but I didn't knew it had that bad a repercussion. As for lootboxes... well, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and cuacks like a duck....

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

Monster Hunter is massive and time-consuming. FighterZ is apparently one of the easiest fighting games to learn of the last decade.

Guess I'll be checking out FighterZ, then.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                              I think Bioware is probably going to die soon, but in spite of everything I’m actually a little excited at the prospect of a new Dragon Age.
                              Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
                              Is it about to die? Why? I am very disconencted from videogames these days.
                              Originally posted by ahather View Post
                              I mean the announcement cancelling all DLC for ME:Andromeda (or at least single player stuff- cant remember all the details) was a little concerning, and over the last few years it just seems as if they are abandoning what built bioware as a brand (solid story rich rpgs) in favour of multiplayer games or multiplayer portions of rpgs, but tbh outside of indi devs I'm seeing that all over the gaming industry at least when it comes to PC games, Though i am wandering how the increase in countries moving towards classifying loot boxes as gambling will effect this.
                              That and reportedly Bioware is banking everything into Anthem.

And the environment right now of:
                              1. People feeling that they just don't want another Destiny/Division-esque game
                              2. Loot box controversy
                              3. And the knowledge that if Anthem isn't gangbusters, EA might threaten to shutdown Bioware completely
                              It's...not great.

Comment

• Yeah, Anthem is really looking like it’s going to be the deciding factor of BioWare’s fate, and unfortunately, Anthem is in a really worrying place. I hope it does well. It looks like a neat game, and I’d hate to see Bioware die.

Honestly, I wish they standard price for AAA games would just increase already. It’s been locked in at $60 since 2005, and is you adjust for inflation, sixty 2005 dollars would be worth around $75 now. That’s just adjusting for inflation without taking into account the increased costs of development for current gen consoles. All the controversies around loot boxes and pre-order bonuses and season passes and what not lately, that’s all game develop trying to keep games worth increasing financial risk to develop in a market where the standard pricing is a decade out of date. I don’t know about everyone else, but I would rather pay an extra $15, even $20 up front for AAA games if it meant not having to see another promising game ruined by having its design twisted around creating incentives to buy loot boxes.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
                                X