Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rayvin Miyu
    started a topic Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

...so...yeah, okay, I made the thread. ...because games. All kinds of games...yep.

Still currently playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, TERA, DC Universe Online, and a few others.... Mainly focusing on WoW since me and the hubby started up our accounts again together.

I've also broke down and decided to try Pangya.
    Last edited by Rayvin Miyu; 11-06-2013, 09:05 PM.

• Gravitas Man
    replied
    Devil May Cry 5 is superb. I think it's the best devil may cry game and has quickly become my favourite. It is also an unabashed love letter to the series. There are lots of little nods to previous games, especially in boss design.
    If you liked any of the previous games, or enjoyed bayonetta or the older God of War games you'll almost certainly enjoy it.

Also the soundtrack is brilliant

Leave a comment:

• Prometheus878
    replied
    I'm considering getting Devil May Cry 5 - not just for the positive reviews, but also on the strength of its soundtrack.

To those of you who have played it: Is it a good action game?

Leave a comment:

• semicasual
    replied
    I beat This Is The Police 2. It's decidedly darker than This Is The Police 1 - which is saying a lot. After so much concentrated noir, I'm looking for more positive play experiences.

Leave a comment:

• BigDamnHero
    replied
    I wish they would stick to releasing games for free on the Epic store in lieu of also exploiting timed exclusives. Like, I'm on the Epic store because of Subnautica, but now I've also got Oxenfree, The Witness, and...something else.

Leave a comment:

• Cielle
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

The current controversies surrounding the EPIC Game Store.

Where they're swiping up PC games and turning them into timed exclusives, despite some of them being initially advertised for Steam. Games thus far include Metro: Exodus, The Outer Worlds, and now the PC version of Borderlands 3. People not liking having to move to a newer, more inferior service.
    In this case, it was Anno 1800. It's already such a niche series (the games are only really popular in Germany), I can't imagine it will benefit with this move.

Like...if you want to tie your game to some storefront because they gave you a payoff, do that from the beginning. Don't do this bait-and-switch crap.

Leave a comment:

• semicasual
    replied
    Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
    Where they're swiping up PC games and turning them into timed exclusives, despite some of them being initially advertised for Steam. Games thus far include Metro: Exodus, The Outer Worlds, and now the PC version of Borderlands 3. People not liking having to move to a newer, more inferior service.
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    I figured they were specifically referring to Phoenix Point, which seemed to make a point of being on Steam until they made a switch to Epic recently.
    I haven't used the Epic Game Store yet, but I expect I will because I backed Phoenix Point on Kickstarter and also want to play Hades, Borderlands 3, The Outer Worlds, and Metro Exodus.

I'm prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt, mostly because the other services I've used all have one of two problems:
    1. They're shills for a specific publisher (e.g. Origin, UPlay).
    2. They're bloated with games I have no interest in and the filtering system is only slightly better than nothing (Steam, Humble, GOG)

EGS doesn't have the first problem, and for now there aren't enough titles on it for the second problem to be a concern.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    I figured they were specifically referring to Phoenix Point, which seemed to make a point of being on Steam until they made a switch to Epic recently.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Originally posted by semicasual View Post
    Who are you referring to, here?
    The current controversies surrounding the EPIC Game Store.

Leave a comment:

• semicasual
    replied
    Originally posted by Cielle View Post
    Game developers: if you advertise your game to me and build hype through Steam (a service I've had zero issues with) for a year, and then two weeks before release you suddenly tell me "oopsie, we're actually only going let you buy or play the game through this other company despite their reputation for poor service, tee-hee", then I am going to feel like you were being intentionally dishonest with me. That diminishes my trust, which makes me less inclined to buy things from you.
    Who are you referring to, here?

As for me - I'm playing This is the Police 2. It's like This is the Police 1, but more mechanically complicated and you're forced into doing some pretty shady stuff very early on.

I have mixed feelings about the new tactical battle system. On the one hand, it's pretty satisfying to have 1-6 officers stealthily take down a gang many times their size. On the other, it's impossible to know what kind of situation you're going to face in a raid before you send officers there, which makes it troublesome to know who you should send.

And, like I did in the first game, I have a tendency to reload a day over and over again until I have it "right" to my satisfaction. This makes the game longer than I think it needs to be, but it's the only way I know to combat the unstable equilibrium the game has where small failures rapidly compound themselves into a crisis if you let them.

Leave a comment:

• Cielle
    replied
    Game developers: if you advertise your game to me and build hype through Steam (a service I've had zero issues with) for a year, and then two weeks before release you suddenly tell me "oopsie, we're actually only going let you buy or play the game through this other company despite their reputation for poor service, tee-hee", then I am going to feel like you were being intentionally dishonest with me. That diminishes my trust, which makes me less inclined to buy things from you.

Leave a comment:

• Camilla
    replied
    Currently designing my own OSR game inspired by Dracula and other classic horror monsters and I'm really excited.

it's intended to be an alternative to World of Darkness, and is explicitly focused on dark adventure, action-horror (not personal horror) and epic stories and campaigns. It is based on the mechanics of Swords & Wizardry, and is intended to work with Medieval, Victorian, and Modern settings.

Playable character classes include five human classes (Fighter, Mage, Cleric, Magical Girl, Ninja) and five supernatural classes (Vampire, Werewolf, Ghost, Elf, and Mummy)

It is a Gothic game in the literary sense, but not in the sense of the modern subculture and is firmly Anti-Punk.

Basically, I am tired of being told to play "Some Other Game" and there being no real alternative to World of Darkness.

After all, if you want something done your way, sometimes you have to do it yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    A new game in the Vampire: Bloodlines universe is coming soon. More news on the 21st.

And I could not be more excited!!!

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by Dante View Post
    DMC5 really makes me wanna play Scion again, but my groups still waiting for physical copies before we start :/
    Fate's wheels are a-grinding. The end of wait is in sight. I'm eagerly awaiting my hardcopies too!

Leave a comment:

• Dante
    replied
    DMC5 really makes me wanna play Scion again, but my groups still waiting for physical copies before we start :/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X