Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rayvin Miyu
    started a topic Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

Games Discussion/What Are You Playing?

...so...yeah, okay, I made the thread. ...because games. All kinds of games...yep.

Still currently playing: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, TERA, DC Universe Online, and a few others.... Mainly focusing on WoW since me and the hubby started up our accounts again together.

I've also broke down and decided to try Pangya.
    Last edited by Rayvin Miyu; 11-06-2013, 09:05 PM.

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    I'm playing MTG Arena a lot. This is my way of asking if I can resurrect the MTG thread.
    I’m game for that.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    I'm playing MTG Arena a lot. This is my way of asking if I can resurrect the MTG thread.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Was Octopath Traveler good? Reviews seem mixed, good idea but done fairly blandly.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    So while I am not playing it, I do follow the webcomic, and it seems that the creators of Crystal Heart (which uses the Savage Worlds system) has turned their main book to Pay What You Want on DriveThru because of the corona crises- which is nice from their part, as they are not a big company and it is more or less their only game.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Playing both Trails to Zero and Tales of Berseria. both excellent Jrpgs

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Enjoying Nioh 2, more than 1. I definitely prefer the 'your own protagonist' thing more than the 'you are William of Rivia' thing. Probably hard to balance that out since some need a more defined character as protagonist.

Leave a comment:

• tasti man LH
    replied
    Doom: Eternal ended up being my 3/20/2020 game of choice.

While I did increase the difficulty then how I did when starting up Doom 2016...but even then, it feels like the encounters are harder then the equivalent difficulty I played later on. Feels like the more tougher enemies get introduced much sooner then in the previous game. I do like how the weapon sandbox has much more utility and that, of the weapons I've unlocked, now have specific uses against particular enemies or more distinctive roles (for instance, the sniper mode on the heavy assault rifle is now useful for shooting out weakpoints), and the gameplay loop on getting resources back is completed with the addition of the flamethrower allowing for enemies to drop armor pieces.

One thing I'm mixed on is the heavier emphasis on platforming...which on the one hand I'm fine with it for the purposes of pacing and taking a breather from the mad gun fights. On the other hand, well...first person platforming is kind of awkward, even with Doomguy's extra mobility options.

The big negative, which is admittedly a personal thing on my part, is the level design. Of the levels I've played, this is way more linear then Doom 2016. In the sense that in the previous game, while the game progressed linearly, yes, the levels were not. While not open world, they levels were big and interconnected, a sprawling mini-sandbox with plenty of optional areas that you could wander off to find goodies. The closest comparison I would make is the levels in Bioshock 1-2 and Prey 2017. So for this game to have levels that are completely linear and where it's always pushing your forward is disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    I finally got around to playing wasteland 2. and I have to say if wasteland 3 is anything like wasteland 2 then its gonna be a day one buy for me.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Not super interested in the new Smash character, but the very first Mii costume was Altair with Ezio's theme playing in the background. More Assassin's Creed coming to Switch? One can hope.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    Tekken 6 and 7.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Still chugging through Outer Worlds, slowly. Finally got to the next area the other day and I run into a scripted event. On a spaceship there's a guard trying to cool down an argument between a corporate stormtrooper-type and a visually distinct character who was just too cool for school. Apparently he had punched the stormtrooper, because he's tired of taking his shit as a boss. And he would have thrown him out the air lock if he had his way. This guy basically screams 'I am a badass,' in the most obnoxious way possible, just as loud as he screamed 'I am a companion for the main character!' With a sigh I went up and interacted with him, and his story paints an even better picture of this guy, who takes jobs he hates from people he hates, who wraps all his pride in an in-world sports team and how, if someone dares mock them, he'll just go off on them. And I'm pressing the buttons, wincing each time because it's not letting me Leave Conversation and I worry I've already agreed somehow to let this walking cliche on my team. Fortunately after hearing his boring life story it did give me an out so he's still stuck there grabbing attention to anyone who walks by near my parked ship.

Man I really don't get these games. If you're going to make a character try...something...give them a personality I'd want to have on my team, some reason to be curious about them and not a stereotype from shows from when I was a kid.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    Reading through the Battletoads comic in Nintendo Power. Great inspiration for Pentex.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    I've been doing Outer Worlds (when the PS4 is free) for the past bit. Seems like a nice game, but hard to gauge the size from the small area I'm at. Like it doesn't -seem- like it would be too long, but there's gotta be more to it. Complaint ahead, there's I guess very mild spoilers for the beginning of the game..

Also I don't get whoever was behind the NPC planning. I basically walk into town and see an argument and, bam, I'm saddled with one NPC. I do another quest in the same town and find out that the NPC who gave it to me is an asshole, but now he's my asshole and apparently is going to join my adventures. Then I finally meet a character I do like, has an interesting personality and literally wants to do the same job my character's sort of found himself doing, and my only option is to persuade them to go back to town on behalf of someone else. I would have appreciated a spunky sidekick.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel77
    replied
    Been playing cat ninja pro. It's like the "impossible game"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X