The Changing of the Forum Avatars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Changing of the Forum Avatars

I have become aware in the past few years that some of our fellow forumites finding it confusing/disturbing when a poster changes their avatar without warning or explanation. For their sake, I have created this thread for the considerate among us to state their change of forum clothes.

Hi, I'm Prometheus878, the poster who makes kinda-sorta-not-really funny comments and generally tries too hard to be engaging. I mostly hang out on the Exalted and Off Topic forums. I used to have Gundam or giant robot themed avatars, before Mel Uran blessed the world with the cutest signature characters portraits in Exalted history.

Now, I am Volfer, warrior of the Dawn Caste! Fear my adorable might!

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Thanks Promy. I appreciate the notification.

"For these reasons, the trade of a soldier is held the most honourable of all others; because a soldier is a Yahoo hired to kill, in cold blood, as many of his own species, who have never offended him, as possibly he can." ― from "Gulliver's Travels"

Comment

Changed mine as well.

pls respont

Comment

I think I just prefer the chaos. No Warnings For You.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
        Work Blog Coming Soon
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
          I think I just prefer the chaos. No Warnings For You.
          GFY, Arc: Good For You.

"For these reasons, the trade of a soldier is held the most honourable of all others; because a soldier is a Yahoo hired to kill, in cold blood, as many of his own species, who have never offended him, as possibly he can." ― from "Gulliver's Travels"

Comment

Oh don't you pretend with me.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

So funny this thread should come up this weekend -- I was thinking about changing my avatar 'cus it's been the same for about 6-7 years now (and I've only used about 4 or so, total, since the forums first opened in the 90's). Strangely enough, after reading this I am now thinking about leaving it even though I've been wanting to change it. Damn you, reverse psychology!

I have been around here for waaaayyyy too fucking long...

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                Oh don't you pretend with me.
                You know I only do that on Tuesdays.

Comment

But anyways, it is silly to expect members to notify everyone every time someone changes their avatar.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

ahhhh it's Rey he's so cute I could die

Comment

I know, right?

But I also feel like I need a look of consternation for a while too. nWoD threads are...not always a smart place right now

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

I have no dog in this race.* But for those who do find it confusing or bothersome to face sudden avatar changes... How bad is it when one of the faceless masses such as myself suddenly takes up an avatar?

* Annnnd on looking at Arcane's avatar again, I am forced to say, "Thanks, brain, I totally don't hate the way you pick low-hanging fruit like that."
                        Last edited by Gaius; 06-04-2015, 02:54 PM. Reason: On second thought.

The EX3 What We Know Wiki, courtesy of Marin and JMobius
                        Nishkriya, the EX3 Freelancer Quotes Tracker, courtesy of Anathema and Moonwolf
                        The White Wolf Forum Archive, courtesy of The Dark Wizard and Sanctaphrax (see its Patreon)
                        Arrghus: There's also the Shepherd of the North Star, busily guiding the one thing in all the heavens that doesn't move.

Comment

My bear is my bear. I keep him.

- If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
                          - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Gaius View Post
                            I have no dog in this race.* But for those who do find it confusing or bothersome to face sudden avatar changes... How bad is it when one of the faceless masses such as myself suddenly takes up an avatar?

* Annnnd on looking at Arcane's avatar again, I am forced to say, "Thanks, brain, I totally don't hate the way you pick low-hanging fruit like that."
                            As someone who identifies people by thier avatar, it is pretty awesome when a poster finally gets an avatar. You are a real person now!

If not a big deal if someone changes an avatar. You still have you username connected to your post. It's only annoying to me when you have the same avatar as someone else.

Man, I can not tell you how much I hate "change your profile pic for a cause" days on Facebook.

/first world problems. I has them

Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaius View Post

I almost didn't catch that, but when I did I had to roll over in disbelief. I beg you do not do that again.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X