Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
    I have hope that they’ll be able to pull it off. Maybe not confidence, cause I don’t think J.J. Abrams is a very good writer. But hope.
    Appropo, I suppose.


    Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
      I have hope that they’ll be able to pull it off. Maybe not confidence, cause I don’t think J.J. Abrams is a very good writer. But hope.
      Yea, I was pretty happy with what JJ did with the Force Awakens, so I'm excited to see what he does with this.

      I'm hoping Palpatine in this isn't physically back... maybe more of a haunting, stuck in one place, type of situation. But, I'm curious to see what they do.


      MrGone's Character Sheets
      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
      _________________________________
      Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
      Support my site on Patreon! Click Here

      Comment


      • If he can get over his addiction to mystery boxes, then my hopes will be high.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
          Yea, I was pretty happy with what JJ did with the Force Awakens, so I'm excited to see what he does with this.
          I liked TFA, but I didn’t love it. I gave it a lot of credit as the first Star Wars under Disney. They had to play it very safe, to prove that they could make something that felt like Star Wars, especially as they were breaking away from the old EU canon. I didn’t care for the mystery box, but I understood they needed something to get fans invested in the new canon. I was thrilled when TLJ pruned down the mysteries and refined the plot into something more focused. And I’m worried that the next one could end up undoing that work. But again, I have hope they’re going to pull it off.

          Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
          I'm hoping Palpatine in this isn't physically back... maybe more of a haunting, stuck in one place, type of situation. But, I'm curious to see what they do.
          There are a few ways I could see it working. Something like a holocron that he recorded a contingency plan on in the event of his death could work. Some kind of haunting situation might be a hard sell because I like force ghosts being beyond the power of the dark side, but I’d be open to the possibility. I really hope it’s not just a backup clone, though even that would be preferable to him having somehow survived.


          Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

          Comment


          • Small aside: Remember in Force Awakens when we were introduced to Snoke, and it turned out it was just a big hologram? Was anyone else disappointed that he wasn't a giant?

            Because as goofy as it would be, a Giant Sith Lord would also be kind of cool. At least I think so.


            Comment


            • I totally thought he was going to be a giant. Star Wars already established they're more willing to go beyond aliens being 'humans with funny head accessories' and I was disappointing that they went back to that for him.

              Comment


              • He did the same thing with the star trek films, just added extras to the background


                Are you on the square?
                Are you on the level?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                  I liked TFA, but I didn’t love it. I gave it a lot of credit as the first Star Wars under Disney. They had to play it very safe, to prove that they could make something that felt like Star Wars, especially as they were breaking away from the old EU canon. I didn’t care for the mystery box, but I understood they needed something to get fans invested in the new canon. I was thrilled when TLJ pruned down the mysteries and refined the plot into something more focused. And I’m worried that the next one could end up undoing that work. But again, I have hope they’re going to pull it off.
                  Yea, there are some things in TFA I wasn't crazy about it, mystery boxes being one of them. But, I can forgive a lot for a decent story, and I thought it was pretty good. There are a few things I wish they'd done differently, but all in all I was pretty happy with it. (Though, planets being destroyed that you can witness from a totally different star system still bugs me...but I can roll with it). Like you said, they needed to play it a little safe, so I was pretty happy with it. I like TLJ a TON better and I was really happy with the direction that move went. I'm hoping they don't backslide from it too much in the new one. I'm a little worried, but not too much. I don't think they're gonna let the last movie in a 9 movie saga be terrible.

                  Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                  There are a few ways I could see it working. Something like a holocron that he recorded a contingency plan on in the event of his death could work. Some kind of haunting situation might be a hard sell because I like force ghosts being beyond the power of the dark side, but I’d be open to the possibility. I really hope it’s not just a backup clone, though even that would be preferable to him having somehow survived.
                  Oh yea, if they can do a hologram or of those hologram faced robots from Operation Cinder, that'd be pretty cool. I could see a haunting situation though. They did in the Clone Wars I believe with Darth Bane? Wasn't he haunting some place? While not a full force ghost, I like the idea that someone powerful with the dark side could haunt a place. Not as a full spirit or anything, but just something trapped in a location forever...

                  I suppose I could go with a clone situation, but I hope it's not. I'm super interested to see what they do though! December needs to hurry up and get here!


                  Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
                  Small aside: Remember in Force Awakens when we were introduced to Snoke, and it turned out it was just a big hologram? Was anyone else disappointed that he wasn't a giant?

                  Because as goofy as it would be, a Giant Sith Lord would also be kind of cool. At least I think so.
                  Honestly, I thought they go the opposite route and he'd be really tiny. LOL.



                  MrGone's Character Sheets
                  For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                  _________________________________
                  Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                  Support my site on Patreon! Click Here

                  Comment


                  • I saw Doctor Sleep over the weekend and highly enjoyed it!! I thought it was a pretty decent follow up to The Shining. I haven't read the book (yet) so I'm not sure how it compares, but I thought they did pretty good with it! Aside from the obvious connections there were lots of little nods and references to The Shining.


                    MrGone's Character Sheets
                    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                    _________________________________
                    Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                    Support my site on Patreon! Click Here

                    Comment


                    • While I know this isn't move related, I just watched The Mandalorian! Damn that was so awesome!!


                      MrGone's Character Sheets
                      For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                      _________________________________
                      Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                      Support my site on Patreon! Click Here

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
                        I saw Doctor Sleep over the weekend and highly enjoyed it!! I thought it was a pretty decent follow up to The Shining. I haven't read the book (yet) so I'm not sure how it compares, but I thought they did pretty good with it! Aside from the obvious connections there were lots of little nods and references to The Shining.
                        All I know is that a RWBY reference is a semi-important plot point. Sure, it's blatant corporate synergy but I still like more exposure


                        A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

                          All I know is that a RWBY reference is a semi-important plot point. Sure, it's blatant corporate synergy but I still like more exposure
                          I'll take it as the show hitting the big time if it's being used as set dressing in a Stephen King adaptation. XD XD XD

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

                            I'll take it as the show hitting the big time if it's being used as set dressing in a Stephen King adaptation. XD XD XD
                            more than set dressing. The psychic little girl has her mental avatar basically cosplay Emerald at one point. and it acts as subtle foreshadowing about her plan


                            A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
                              All I know is that a RWBY reference is a semi-important plot point. Sure, it's blatant corporate synergy but I still like more exposure
                              I saw that!!! I thought that was so cool!


                              MrGone's Character Sheets
                              For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs
                              _________________________________
                              Buy books & pdfs from DTRPG and support my web site! Click Here
                              Support my site on Patreon! Click Here

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

                                All I know is that a RWBY reference is a semi-important plot point. Sure, it's blatant corporate synergy but I still like more exposure.
                                In the book, it's a Game of Thrones reference, so there's that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X