Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlaquin
    replied
    I thought the fact that he survived was common knowledge by now. I have never watched the cartoons, but I’ll randomly see images of him from the show from time to time. I thought it was kind dumb at first, but he was a pretty cool character that the prequels kind of squandered, and apparently his depiction in the cartoons is really popular. Him showing up at the end of Solo just seems like an easter egg for fans of the cartoons to me. I don’t feel strongly about it either way.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

Ah...I didn't have an issue with it.

Considering he pops up in the animated Clone Wars and Rebels and what his storyline is through those shows, I thought it made sense he'd pop up. So I was fine with it.

That said, that honestly could have been anyone, it didn't have to be Maul. So if they hadn't done it, I'd have been fine with it too.

I never watched the cartoon so I was completely blindslided by it. I guess bringing Darth Maul back as a villain of the week in a cartoon aimed at kids is still kind of dumb, but but ultimately somewhat forgivable. Cartoons do pretty dumb things all the time so I don't expect anything out of them to begin with. But doubling down on it and having him show up in the movie was just a terrible decision. I would have been just as unhappy if Mace Windu or Count Dooku or the Emperor had appeared, fine and well, in Episode 7 or 8. Sad because up until that point I was somewhat enjoying the Han Solo movie, but then they just dropped this giant, steaming turd in my lap.

Leave a comment:

• ahather
    replied
    the appearance of that particular character was what made me very happy, but then I love 'the Clone Wars'

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
    Just got back from the Solo movie. I was on the fence about watching it, since I hadn't enjoyed the more recent Star Wars movies, but my brother paid for my ticket so I figured if I was going to see it, then I might as well see it for free. It had some flaws and felt very rushed, like they were trying to compress too many plot points into too little time, but even still I was somewhat enjoying it right up until that one scene that just killed any enjoyment I'd been having.
    Darth Maul? Really? When he appeared I just kind of threw up in my hands, Like, wow, good job guys. I was finally tentatively optimistic up until that moment that there would finally be a new Star Wars movie that I enjoyed. Instead I got the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a Star Wars movie. I would have taken evil Jar Jar Binks over that. So I walked out of the theater feeling a little frustrated and disappointed.
    Honestly, it's kind of impressive how a single scene can break an otherwise adequate movie.
    Ah...I didn't have an issue with it.

Considering he pops up in the animated Clone Wars and Rebels and what his storyline is through those shows, I thought it made sense he'd pop up. So I was fine with it.

That said, that honestly could have been anyone, it didn't have to be Maul. So if they hadn't done it, I'd have been fine with it too.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Just got back from the Solo movie. I was on the fence about watching it, since I hadn't enjoyed the more recent Star Wars movies, but my brother paid for my ticket so I figured if I was going to see it, then I might as well see it for free. It had some flaws and felt very rushed, like they were trying to compress too many plot points into too little time, but even still I was somewhat enjoying it right up until that one scene that just killed any enjoyment I'd been having.
    Darth Maul? Really? When he appeared I just kind of threw up in my hands, Like, wow, good job guys. I was finally tentatively optimistic up until that moment that there would finally be a new Star Wars movie that I enjoyed. Instead I got the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a Star Wars movie. I would have taken evil Jar Jar Binks over that. So I walked out of the theater feeling a little frustrated and disappointed.
    Honestly, it's kind of impressive how a single scene can break an otherwise adequate movie.

Leave a comment:

• ahather
    replied
    Got to see 'Solo: a Star Wars Story' Thursday night, Had a lot of fun, and one particular scene made me a very happy nerd.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Apparently in Rigor Mortis the four figures in the 'parade' with umbrellas were the Black and White Impermanence and Ox-Head and Horse-Face.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
    Saw Deadpool 2. Two thumbs up, liked it better than the first one.
    I was kinda simultaneously intrigued and anxious when they introduced Shatterstar in the trailer.

Shatterstar came out as gay in the comics, and Fox doesn't always bring their A-game when working with LGBT elements. Or even their C-game.

I wonder if it counts for the "Bury Your Gays" trope when the character in question dies before his sexuality can even be delved into.

Leave a comment:

• Prometheus878
    replied
    Saw Deadpool 2. Two thumbs up, liked it better than the first one.

Probably seeing Solo next week. Space cowboy hype!

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    Deadpool 2.Holy fuck was it awesome.

I loved Deadpool 1, so I was perfectly happy with getting more of the same. And that's exactly what I got x2.

Will be seeing it again next week.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    In the theatre to see Infinity War. I also made a spoiler talk thread so this one can remain spoiler free,

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...r-spoiler-talk

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    I saw A Quiet Place on Tuesday. It was very good, although there were a few oddities that took me out of it a bit. Still, I’m willing to forgive it because such high-concept horror movies don’t come along every day, and it was very well-crafted. The tension in the theater was palpable.

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
    So. Just watched Avengers: Infinity War.

Short version: Whoa.

Long Version:
    GULDURNIT THEY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK'D US

10/10 Would be cliffhanger'd again.
    I need to avoid spoilers until Friday. These are truly trying times.

Leave a comment:

• Prometheus878
    replied
    So. Just watched Avengers: Infinity War.

Short version: Whoa.

Long Version:
    GULDURNIT THEY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK'D US

10/10 Would be cliffhanger'd again.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Cinder View Post
    Avengers was awesome. Hearing people laugh at the theatre is not weird, but hearing them gasp and cry is not something that happens often and it's proof of the movie and MCU's accomplishments.

I expected it to end like that, but there's a certain moment where I also felt it strike my guts. Great.

Thanos is a bit different from the source, but he's still good, if not exactly the one I'm used to. I hope we get more of his background in the future
    Yea, it was great. And even though I was sure some of the stuff was going to happen, how it happened and who it happened to still shocked me.

It's going to be a looooong wait till next year for Avengers 4.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X