Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
    So, October's rolled around, and I realize that I've not seen very many classic horror movies. Time to fix that.

THE LIST:
    Nosferatu (1922, 1979)

Dracula

Horror of Dracula

The Wolf Man

An American Werewolf in London

Frankenstein

The Bride of Frankenstein

Son of Frankenstein

Psycho

The Birds

The Invisible Man

The Thing

Fright Night

Theatre of Blood aka. Much Ado About Murder

House on Haunted Hill

Witchfinder General

The Phantom of the Opera

The Mummy

Re-Animator

The Silence of the Lambs

Dead of Night

Vampyr

Scanners

The Night of the Hunter

Scream

So, if y'all haven't heard from me in three days, it's probably cause a movie monster crawled out of the screen and killed me. So, ya'know. Fair warning.
    Thats a great list!! Have fun!

MrGone's Character Sheets
    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• Saw Thor: Ragnarok. Simply put, it was the best of the Thor movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        Saw Thor: Ragnarok. Simply put, it was the best of the Thor movies.
        I said the same thing! It's the best Thor movie by far!! And it's got to be one of the best Marvel movies so far! I highly enjoyed it!

Comment

• I felt like the intro was a bit... rushed? I don't know, something seemed a bit off until Hela showed up. Still a very good movie though.

CofD booklists:
          Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            I felt like the intro was a bit... rushed? I don't know, something seemed a bit off until Hela showed up. Still a very good movie though.
            I was ok with it. Seemed like it was just supposed to be a funny way to start the movie. I guess it did move at a pretty quick pace though, I wonder if they cut a few things out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

I was ok with it. Seemed like it was just supposed to be a funny way to start the movie. I guess it did move at a pretty quick pace though, I wonder if they cut a few things out?
              I don't think it was an issue with the scenes itself. It felt more like a strange pacing and editing. Like compare the stinger of Doctor Strange to the same scene in Ragnarök. The latter is much faster, unbalancingly so. Either they sped up the reel, or edited the pauses between lines to be shorter. I think it was the former though. I get that for that particular scene, since Strange is intentionally screwing with Thor to keep him off balance, but that same pace is throughout the entire first act. Which doesn't make the movie bad by any stretch, but for me it broke the emmersion a bit.

CofD booklists:
              Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

I don't think it was an issue with the scenes itself. It felt more like a strange pacing and editing. Like compare the stinger of Doctor Strange to the same scene in Ragnarök. The latter is much faster, unbalancingly so. Either they sped up the reel, or edited the pauses between lines to be shorter. I think it was the former though. I get that for that particular scene, since Strange is intentionally screwing with Thor to keep him off balance, but that same pace is throughout the entire first act. Which doesn't make the movie bad by any stretch, but for me it broke the emmersion a bit.
                Yea, I know what you mean. It did work pretty good for the Dr. Strange scenes. But yea, I guess it seemed a little off in the other opening bits. I'll have to watch it again...

Comment

I felt like the intro was a bit... rushed? I don't know, something seemed a bit off until Hela showed up. Still a very good movie though.
                  Just got back from watching it, and I noticed what you're talking about here. Still, great movie, three cheers for MCU consistency!

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

• I've been wanting to watch Tsunambee since it became available, because it sounds so ridiculous and seems like perfect Werewolf fodder. However I refused to pay money specifically for it, and fortunately now it's on Amazon Prime so I can watch it freely.

Within the first three minutes there's a scene of a girl holding up a cross imperiously and a quote from Revelations, so I know this is going to be godawful but memorable.

EDIT: It ended up more about racism than giant killer bees (apparently in the UK it's titled Waspnado). Whoever was in charge of things was apparently a bit ignorant about things themselves.

Memorable parts. One of the Californian teambangers (the movie said team instead of gang but they were color coordinated gun-wielding criminals) was played by a woman from Nigeria, and thus had a Nigerian accent. When another character asked, 'About the accent?' She responded, 'Oh, I used to be a dope head.'
                    Also for some reason the powers of Jesus made a girl go Super Saiyan at the end.

Saw Free Fire last night. Nice movie, ending was a little tepid but I can't think of how I'd top it. Cillian Murphy needed more showtime, his character was on the cusp of being really likable but he didn't have enough time on screen.
                    Last edited by nofather; 11-12-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                      Saw Free Fire last night. Nice movie, ending was a little tepid but I can't think of how I'd top it. Cillian Murphy needed more showtime, his character was on the cusp of being really likable but he didn't have enough time on screen.
                      I watched a bit back and highly enjoyed it!!

Comment

• Anyone seen Murder on the Orient Express yet?

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

Comment

Working...
                        X