No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw A Quiet Place on Tuesday. It was very good, although there were a few oddities that took me out of it a bit. Still, I’m willing to forgive it because such high-concept horror movies don’t come along every day, and it was very well-crafted. The tension in the theater was palpable.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• In the theatre to see Infinity War. I also made a spoiler talk thread so this one can remain spoiler free,

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/g...r-spoiler-talk

Black Lives Matter

He/His Pronouns | CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

• Deadpool 2.Holy fuck was it awesome.

I loved Deadpool 1, so I was perfectly happy with getting more of the same. And that's exactly what I got x2.

Will be seeing it again next week.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

• Saw Deadpool 2. Two thumbs up, liked it better than the first one.

Probably seeing Solo next week. Space cowboy hype!

I'm feeling bluuuueeeee~

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
            Saw Deadpool 2. Two thumbs up, liked it better than the first one.
            I was kinda simultaneously intrigued and anxious when they introduced Shatterstar in the trailer.

Shatterstar came out as gay in the comics, and Fox doesn't always bring their A-game when working with LGBT elements. Or even their C-game.

I wonder if it counts for the "Bury Your Gays" trope when the character in question dies before his sexuality can even be delved into.

Comment

• Apparently in Rigor Mortis the four figures in the 'parade' with umbrellas were the Black and White Impermanence and Ox-Head and Horse-Face.

Comment

• Got to see 'Solo: a Star Wars Story' Thursday night, Had a lot of fun, and one particular scene made me a very happy nerd.

Comment

• Just got back from the Solo movie. I was on the fence about watching it, since I hadn't enjoyed the more recent Star Wars movies, but my brother paid for my ticket so I figured if I was going to see it, then I might as well see it for free. It had some flaws and felt very rushed, like they were trying to compress too many plot points into too little time, but even still I was somewhat enjoying it right up until that one scene that just killed any enjoyment I'd been having.
                  Darth Maul? Really? When he appeared I just kind of threw up in my hands, Like, wow, good job guys. I was finally tentatively optimistic up until that moment that there would finally be a new Star Wars movie that I enjoyed. Instead I got the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a Star Wars movie. I would have taken evil Jar Jar Binks over that. So I walked out of the theater feeling a little frustrated and disappointed.
                  Honestly, it's kind of impressive how a single scene can break an otherwise adequate movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                    Just got back from the Solo movie. I was on the fence about watching it, since I hadn't enjoyed the more recent Star Wars movies, but my brother paid for my ticket so I figured if I was going to see it, then I might as well see it for free. It had some flaws and felt very rushed, like they were trying to compress too many plot points into too little time, but even still I was somewhat enjoying it right up until that one scene that just killed any enjoyment I'd been having.
                    Darth Maul? Really? When he appeared I just kind of threw up in my hands, Like, wow, good job guys. I was finally tentatively optimistic up until that moment that there would finally be a new Star Wars movie that I enjoyed. Instead I got the dumbest thing I have ever seen in a Star Wars movie. I would have taken evil Jar Jar Binks over that. So I walked out of the theater feeling a little frustrated and disappointed.
                    Honestly, it's kind of impressive how a single scene can break an otherwise adequate movie.
                    Ah...I didn't have an issue with it.

Considering he pops up in the animated Clone Wars and Rebels and what his storyline is through those shows, I thought it made sense he'd pop up. So I was fine with it.

That said, that honestly could have been anyone, it didn't have to be Maul. So if they hadn't done it, I'd have been fine with it too.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                    For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• the appearance of that particular character was what made me very happy, but then I love 'the Clone Wars'

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post

Ah...I didn't have an issue with it.

Considering he pops up in the animated Clone Wars and Rebels and what his storyline is through those shows, I thought it made sense he'd pop up. So I was fine with it.

That said, that honestly could have been anyone, it didn't have to be Maul. So if they hadn't done it, I'd have been fine with it too.

I never watched the cartoon so I was completely blindslided by it. I guess bringing Darth Maul back as a villain of the week in a cartoon aimed at kids is still kind of dumb, but but ultimately somewhat forgivable. Cartoons do pretty dumb things all the time so I don't expect anything out of them to begin with. But doubling down on it and having him show up in the movie was just a terrible decision. I would have been just as unhappy if Mace Windu or Count Dooku or the Emperor had appeared, fine and well, in Episode 7 or 8. Sad because up until that point I was somewhat enjoying the Han Solo movie, but then they just dropped this giant, steaming turd in my lap.

Comment

• I thought the fact that he survived was common knowledge by now. I have never watched the cartoons, but I’ll randomly see images of him from the show from time to time. I thought it was kind dumb at first, but he was a pretty cool character that the prequels kind of squandered, and apparently his depiction in the cartoons is really popular. Him showing up at the end of Solo just seems like an easter egg for fans of the cartoons to me. I don’t feel strongly about it either way.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                            I never watched the cartoon so I was completely blindslided by it. I guess bringing Darth Maul back as a villain of the week in a cartoon aimed at kids is still kind of dumb, but but ultimately somewhat forgivable. Cartoons do pretty dumb things all the time so I don't expect anything out of them to begin with. But doubling down on it and having him show up in the movie was just a terrible decision. I would have been just as unhappy if Mace Windu or Count Dooku or the Emperor had appeared, fine and well, in Episode 7 or 8. Sad because up until that point I was somewhat enjoying the Han Solo movie, but then they just dropped this giant, steaming turd in my lap.

Sorry you didn't care for it. I wasn't big into the idea when they first announced his return way back when, but they ended doing some really great stuff with him in both Clone Wars and Rebels.

I'd honestly recommend looking into the story arcs he appears in. Just watch some youtube videos or read a few articles. I thought what they did with him was pretty cool.

MrGone's Character Sheets
                            For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• It's really late around here and I'm gonna pay the price tomorrow at work, but there was "A Straight Story" on TV and I tried to find and watch that movies for ages. Finally.

I don't have many words to spend about it but it was beautiful. Just beautiful.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• Saw Incredibles 2 last night. I'd say it was about as good as the first one, and I just rewatched the first one a couple of hours before seeing the second one so it's not simply nostalgia goggles talking. The first movie holds up pretty well and the second one holds its own. If you're able to do so I'd highly recommend rewatching the first movie before going to see this one, since the second movie picks up at the exact moment the first movie left off, where a villain with a giant digging machine bursts out from underground.

The characters felt like the original characters, the story was pretty good with some nice moments for adults and kids. The movie didn't feel like a sequel so much as it felt like the "second half" to the first movie, just with a really, really long (15 year) intermission in between. There are a lot of themes and moments in Incredibles 2 that are similar to Incredibles 1, but the focus is on Elastigirl, instead of Mr. Incredible. If you were to say that the first movie was about Mr. Incredible and his wife, and the second movie is about Elastigirl and her husband. And, of course, the kids saving the day in both movies.

I didn't have any major complaints, and it's been awhile since the last time I saw a movie and didn't have any major issues. I had a couple of really minor ones, but they're not particularly worth mentioning. The biggest thing Pixar dropped the ball on was a scene with lots of flashing blue and red lights, which apparently can induce epileptic seizures(!) and I'm not sure how Pixar managed to miss that. The scene in question was a punch to the visual circuits and, honestly, they probably went a little overboard on it, though it was still really impressive. I think that if you were a fan of the first movie, it's hard to imagine not enjoying the second one.

Comment

Working...
                                X