Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
    Finally got around to seeing It today. Nice movie, I really didn't like the original, well the miniseries that was on way back when. The bullying was a bit crazy, by the time people are carving their names into your flesh and attempting hit and runs maybe you should get an adult involved.
    That'd be snitching!

Comment

• Just saw Mandy.

The guy behind it, Panos Cosmatos put out the fantastic Beyond the Black Rainbow before. When I heard he was going into a full horror thing I was thrilled, but taken aback when I found it to be starring Nicolas Cage. I like Cage, as an actor, but his ability is really hard to pin down, so I figured he would make this movie or break it. And man he hit it out of the park. Such a great movie. Psychedelic and violent and spiritual and sad. Bruce Wayne's father with full frontal nudity, too.

Comment

• Recently watched Higher Power, a kind of odd science fiction take on the superhuman origin story concept. I generally enjoyed it, though I'm still not sure what to make of the ending.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Finally saw The Witch (on Netflix) and Hereditary. Didn't know they were by the same people, but it's kinda obvious in hindsight. Both are sorta "arty" horror movies that play with the perception of reality and delusion, although in at least one of them, it's clear whether something supernatural really IS happening (well, probably!). Basically, if you liked The Babadook, I think you'll like these!

Comment

• I need to see those. I was trying to watch a horror movie a day for the entire month, but got derailed by family crisis. Did manage to watch Jigsaw (actually better than most of the Saw movies, as it seemed to actually remember the point of the original), the original 1922 version of Nosferatu (holds up fairly well), The Lazarus Effect (OK, but it should've ended about 2 minutes earlier than it did, IMO), and As Above So Below (pretty good). Got interrupted watching Babadook (interesting, but boy are the characters really annoying). Hoping to maybe get around to The Witch, The Girl With All the Gifts, It Follows, He Never Died, The Bride, and What We Do in the Shadows.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
              I need to see those. I was trying to watch a horror movie a day for the entire month, but got derailed by family crisis. Did manage to watch Jigsaw (actually better than most of the Saw movies, as it seemed to actually remember the point of the original), the original 1922 version of Nosferatu (holds up fairly well), The Lazarus Effect (OK, but it should've ended about 2 minutes earlier than it did, IMO), and As Above So Below (pretty good). Got interrupted watching Babadook (interesting, but boy are the characters really annoying). Hoping to maybe get around to The Witch, The Girl With All the Gifts, It Follows, He Never Died, The Bride, and What We Do in the Shadows.
              Wow, you've got some really good ones on your list to watch!

It Follows is probably my new favorite horror movie!

As Above So Below wasn't too bad, though I haven't seen it since it came out in theaters. The Lazarus Effect was ok for what it was. Babadook is pretty good, hopefully you'll like it.

MrGone's Character Sheets
              For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• Black Klansman does not pull any punches. I turned from a "cool movie, still relevant" into "holy shit he went there" in a matter of two minutes.

Palpable tension then all the theater left in silence. I'm not always a fan of Spike Lee, but this one was powerful

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• I watched The House with a Clock in its Walls and Venom, and couldn't help but wonder for both of them if they weren't being paid for in a very huge way by Nestlé Tollhouse and Ore-Ida, respectively.

In Venom, the only things we consistently see the symbiote crave are tater tots and human flesh; in the other, the only thing we see the cast eat across the entire film is fresh-baked delicious-looking cookies positively packed with melty chocolate chips. Literally the first scene of the movie is Jack Black accidentally smearing chocolate on the letter he's writing his recently-orphaned nephew.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                    And yes, Isator.
                    And yes me what?! I only just got here, what's going on?!

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                    Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                      And yes me what?! I only just got here, what's going on?!
                      You asked if anyone had seen any terrible movies lately (though it was a month ago).

Comment

• My PC died a couple of weeks ago and that made me drop some Kickstarters, meant I'll have to wait until Christmas for Red Dead Redemption 2 and I had to accept a couple of annoying jobs to take in the money needed to replace it as soon as possible. But tomorrow I'm still going to watch the new Halloween and, John Carpenter be my witness, nothing will stop me.
                        Last edited by Cinder; 10-27-2018, 12:24 PM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

Working...
                        X