No announcement yet.

Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVED the new Star Wars trailer. Looks to undo a ton of the garbage that I hated in 8.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
      LOVED the new Star Wars trailer. Looks to undo a ton of the garbage that I hated in 8.
      Well as long as Abrams doesn't pull any last-minute Mystery Box bullshit...

Comment

• Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Well as long as Abrams doesn't pull any last-minute Mystery Box bullshit...
        I was literally just typing that on Facebook.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

LOVED the new Star Wars trailer. Looks to undo a ton of the garbage that I hated in 8.
          https://giphy.com/gifs/thats-bait-srTYyZ1BjBtGU

MrGone's Character Sheets
          For all your WoD Character Sheet Needs

Comment

• That said, the new trailer does look pretty awesome and I'm excited to see where they take things, especially since I loved The Last Jedi! December can't get here fast enough!

Comment

• lol. No bait at all. I honestly hated Last Jedi.

Things like Kylo's helmet, Rey's lightsaber, Leia(which Kennedy said would NEVER return), all filled me with joy. I feel as if Abrams is telling fans 'don't worry, this franchise is in safe hands, now'. I'm not going to shit on anyone for liking TLJ. But I have it neck and neck with Ep. 1 in terms of how bad it was.

This trailer gives me hope.

Comment

I feel as if Abrams is telling fans 'don't worry, this franchise is in safe hands, now'.
                Jury's out on that. Them bringing back Palpatine in some form already gives me pause on indulging in more Mystery Box-ing for the sake of it.

Comment

lol. No bait at all. I honestly hated Last Jedi.

Things like Kylo's helmet, Rey's lightsaber, Leia(which Kennedy said would NEVER return), all filled me with joy. I feel as if Abrams is telling fans 'don't worry, this franchise is in safe hands, now'. I'm not going to shit on anyone for liking TLJ. But I have it neck and neck with Ep. 1 in terms of how bad it was.

This trailer gives me hope.
                  You understand that J.J Abrams was a producer on The Last Jedi and was perfectly fine with the movie that Rian Johnson and Disney made? Right? I mean, it's not like Disney let Rian Johnson make the movie in a vacuum and then just had to deal with the end result. That's not how billion dollar companies make movies. If they didn't like the movie, they wouldn't have released it. Look at Rogue One and Solo. They didn't like what was going on replaced the directors and did extensive reshoots. I'm pretty sure almost everyone involved (Mark Hamills comments aside) made the movie they wanted to make.

Also, Kennedy never said Leia wouldn't return, just that they wouldn't use CGI to replace her.

And just to side track a sec, I keep hearing how J.J. had some grand plan for the sequel trilogy. If that's the case then he should have stuck around and directed them all. But, much like Lucas before them, they're just making these up as they go....And don't even try to tell me that Lucas planned out all 9 movies, I love the guy, but it's super obvious he just made up things as he went. I love it...but I'm just saying. As for Disney, they definitely should have mapped out an overarching story for the sequel trilogy, but sadly they didn't. I think going forward with the other Star Wars movies they'll plan things out a bit better. At least you'd hope so...

That said, I loved just about everything about The Last Jedi and I really like what Disney has been doing with these movies. Sorry you didn't care for it...but hey, to each his own.
                  Last edited by Mr Gone; 04-13-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• I'm happy you liked it, Gone.

It's clear with have vastly different opinions when it comes to Star Wars, Rian Johnson, and the way studio execs work. And that's cool, too.

I hope we all can enjoy what looks to be the last Star Wars film for at least a few years.

Comment

How dare they call this movie "The Rise of Skywalker" after the bull shit they pulled in the last 2? They have not earned the right to do so!

Comment

• Shazam was decent. Not great, not terrible, but merely average.

The special effects were pretty bad, however. Although with the budget they had, I'd say they did the best they could. Definitely a step back for DC after the fantastic Aquaman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post

How dare they call this movie "The Rise of Skywalker" after the bull shit they pulled in the last 2? They have not earned the right to do so!
                          You know, I don't like the name either, but.

Earned the right?

It's dialogue like this that reminds me why I tend to hate fandoms.

EDIT: So Abrams gave a spoiler-free thematic explanation for the title, and I'm using this link for you all.

You know what, that explanation actually lands fine for me. I'm not crazy about it, but I don't hate it either, and it does highlight how basically this movie is going to be a conflict between the two main sides of the Skywalker legacy. One of them is gonna win.
                          Last edited by ArcaneArts; 04-16-2019, 12:15 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                          Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                          Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

I'm happy you liked it, Gone.

It's clear with have vastly different opinions when it comes to Star Wars, Rian Johnson, and the way studio execs work. And that's cool, too.

I hope we all can enjoy what looks to be the last Star Wars film for at least a few years.
                            Yea, me too!

Oh, and I saw Shazam on Sunday and thought it was great! It was just a fun superhero flick. If DC keeps making movies like that I'll be happy. And while it was a little lower budget, that added to the charm for me.
                            Last edited by Mr Gone; 04-16-2019, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                              You know, I don't like the name either, but.

Earned the right?

It's dialogue like this that reminds me why I tend to hate fandoms.
                              I hear ya....

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                              EDIT: So Abrams gave a spoiler-free thematic explanation for the title, and I'm using this link for you all.

You know what, that explanation actually lands fine for me. I'm not crazy about it, but I don't hate it either, and it does highlight how basically this movie is going to be a conflict between the two main sides of the Skywalker legacy. One of them is gonna win.
                              I'm still not sure on the title either. I don't hate it, but it does seem a little odd. I have some theories on what it could mean, but I don't want to speculate too much. I'll just see it and hopefully be surprised by what it means.

And yea, I do like in this movie that the main conflict seems to be between two sides of the Skywalker Legacy. That's awesome.

Comment

Shazam was decent. Not great, not terrible, but merely average.
                                I respectfully disagree.

• Our hero didn't kill his villain just because it was more convenient than subduing him non-lethally.
                                • Our hero didn't kill extras or minions, either, for that matter.
                                • Our hero never branded anyone, or even threatened to brand anyone.
                                • He didn't follow a trail of clues in a plot to stop a war, only to unleash a giant CGI Julie Andrews monster on both sides of the battle, wiping out more in 20 minutes of CGI explosions than would have died if they'd just been left to slug it out.
                                • Our hero never got tricked into committing genocide on behalf of a pitiless imperial machine.
                                • Our hero never infringed on the civil liberties of tens of millions of Americans because it was easier on his conscience than understanding the bad guy's motivations.
                                • Our hero never embezzled millions from his father's company to punch poor people and destroy their public transit.
                                • Our hero never swore an oath not to kill, only to decide that it's still okay to kill through inaction or just plain pushing them off a high surface and letting the ground kill them.

I'm not saying he's perfect (he did charge people for selfies), but overall the movie kinda shined a spotlight on how dark we've let our colorful costumed cape guys get.
                                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-16-2019, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X