Movies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    And Tom Holland continues to be a better Spider-Man than Tobey Maguire.
    Not a high bar to surpass imo

Are you on the square?
    Are you on the level?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Not a high bar to surpass imo
      Me neither, but there some people who continue to argue that the Sam Rami movies are vastly superior to Homecoming and Far From Home. Which I disagree with, largely because I think Holland is a much more believable Peter Parker and teenager. Not that the Rami movies were bad, mind you.
      Last edited by Second Chances; 07-21-2019, 12:59 AM.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• BLADEEEEEEEE!!!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• I am watching harry potter movie and This is my favorite.

I am buying office chair at time for buying. This is one of the best product.

Comment

• There's lots of Harry Potter movies. You're going to have to narrow that down.

Comment

• I think that's a bot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                Me neither, but there some people who continue to argue that the Sam Rami movies are vastly superior to Homecoming and Far From Home. Which I disagree with, largely because I think Holland is a much more believable Peter Parker and teenager. Not that the Rami movies were bad, mind you.
                The Rami films certainly have their flaws, but I think they succeed in a way that few superhero films do: being Sincere.

They are films that aren't afraid to be very silly, very tropey, and very emotionally vulnerable. While other superhero films of that period did everything in their power to pretend to be "serious movies" ("what, were you expecting yellow spandex?"), the Sam Rami Spiderman films were exceedingly open and unashamed of their subject matter. While this was often goofy and melodramatic, it also freed it to be grand and resonant, like High Opera. Or campy theater.

It's in that lens that I've come to appreciate the trilogy, now that I'm older.

Also, it's through a particular analysis of these films that I was introduced to a particularly fascinating philosopher, the late Robert Moore.

Comment

• It: Chapter Two might not have been as good as the previous installment, but it felt very necessary right now.

Folks need to be reminded that even though the predatory monster masquerading as a buffoonish clown is making you question your sense of reality and dividing everyone with hatred and fear, that if you unite and stand against it, you can win.

Comment

Working...
                  X