X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storyteller
    started a topic Movies

Movies

I just got home from seeing Thor: The Dark World. It was okay; nothing to get excited about. If you are on the fence, my recommendation is to Netflix it. I'm not convinced it was worth the ticket price in the theater.
    Last edited by Storyteller; 11-08-2013, 03:00 AM.

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
    Marvel has a lot of good horror properties, and I wish they would do more with them in the MCU. I really was hoping the Jessica Jones series would introduce Son of Satan with the idea of spinning him off in his own horror series that could have involved Satana, Devil Slayer, Gargoyle and the like. As is, if Morbius is a hit, I'm hoping it might eventually lead to a team up film with him, Blade, one of the Ghost Riders, and Son of Satan/Satana.
    They could do a version of midnight sons which included like all of those people. though I would keep it small Blade Morbius, Maybe Hellstrom, or Ghost Rider.

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Marvel has a lot of good horror properties, and I wish they would do more with them in the MCU. I really was hoping the Jessica Jones series would introduce Son of Satan with the idea of spinning him off in his own horror series that could have involved Satana, Devil Slayer, Gargoyle and the like. As is, if Morbius is a hit, I'm hoping it might eventually lead to a team up film with him, Blade, one of the Ghost Riders, and Son of Satan/Satana.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Saw the trailer for Morbius the Living Vampire, and it looks potentially good. Interesting that this is clearly set in the MCU.
    Yea, seems to be MCU adjacent. It's a Sony movie, so it's loosely connected to the Spider-Man movies. Kind of like Venom was. Though this one seems even more connected.

Anyway, it looks pretty cool. I'll be excited to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Grimmi05
    replied
    Saw the trailer for Morbius the Living Vampire, and it looks potentially good. Interesting that this is clearly set in the MCU.
    Look man how else are we supposed to know its a vampire film?

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    Originally posted by Dwight View Post

Does Zach Snyder know they stole his blue filter?
    Better that than JJ Abrams's lens flares.

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    Does Zach Snyder know they stole his blue filter?

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    When I heard this adaption was going to be a thing I literally heard HBguy in the back of my mind shouting "WE HAVE TO STOP THEM! WE HAVE TO STOP THEM!"

Leave a comment:

• Bluecho
    replied
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Pretty much. This is my favourite summary of what he's about.
    No joke, I started watching Hbomb's Sherlock video right after making that last comment. It's still running in another tab, as I write this.

I hope Hbomb does a video about Moffat's Dracula show. I'd love to see his deconstruction of it.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
    So...a standard Steven Moffat series, then?

Steven Moffat: Ruining Classic British Characters Since 2007!
    Pretty much. This is my favourite summary of what he's about.
    Originally posted by Hbomberguy
    Moffat got spat out of a hole in Paisley in 1961, with the mission of systematically destroying all of English pop culture and no one's stopped him yet.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
    Haha oops! I totally meant to.
    Ah! Cool! Well, you'll have to let us know how the viewing goes...

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
    I'm hoping they start building on what they have. Maybe have Rey open a Jedi academy or something.
    That'd be interesting. Hopefully they'll revisit these characters at some point. Though I have a bad feeling they won't. Hopefully I'm wrong though...I loved those new characters (for the most part).

Though I've also heard a lot of talk that Disney is considering reaching back into the Old Republic era and using some of that content for movies or another television show.
    Heard they might be doing that. As long as they plan out some stories, then it should be good.

Leave a comment:

• Morty
    replied

I'm hoping they start building on what they have. Maybe have Rey open a Jedi academy or something. Though I've also heard a lot of talk that Disney is considering reaching back into the Old Republic era and using some of that content for movies or another television show.
    Movies and shows set in the Old Republic era could be interesting, but to be perfectly frank I don't think I trust Disney with movies anymore. It sounds like they'll just keep producing massive spectacles with massive budgets but nothing particularly interesting to say. TLJ was a fluke in this regard that they're not likely to repeat. Besides, as much as I liked Rey's story with Luke, the other half of the film played it very safe - people whine a lot about it, but at the end of the day it discarded anything truly new for a repeat of the "scrappy rebels against the empire" storyline.

Shows are another story. I think Star Wars generally does best when it can step away from trying to figure out how to one-up the last big threat to the galaxy and scales down. Like in Rogue One, Rebels or (so I've heard) the Mandalorian.
    Last edited by Morty; 01-09-2020, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bluecho
    replied
    So...a standard Steven Moffat series, then?

Steven Moffat: Ruining Classic British Characters Since 2007!

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Even if you don't find it offputting early on it goes amazingly off the rails in part 3, like it's difficult to describe the sheer trainwreck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X