Let's Talk Comics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
    I don't see that as forced diversity though. I see that as ensuring that there is Nick Fury who looks like Sam Jackson in the comics following the Ultimate-verse getting blown up for publicity and advertising purposes. And honestly, I think that Fury Jr's introduction isn't any more melodramatic than any dozen other illegitimate children in DC and Marvel comics. Race doesn't play into it.
    I...actually agree with this. While poorly done(in regards to his introduction), I don't get any racial tactic other than having Sam Jax Fury in the 616.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Tom King writing the Joker, he does it so well. Scott Snyder really pivoted into the Joker being 'evil' by making him like straight out of a horror movie. Tom King brings back the jokes without losing that.
      It's from the free DC Nation 0.

Comment

• I needed two posts for this, hope it doesn't count as spam as much as storytelling.

King tries to keep the victims humanized. Names and faces, not numbers.

Comment

• Tom King can write the fuck out of Batman(and the Joker).

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

• Yeah he got me reading him with Omega Men but his Vision hooked me, fantastic stuff.

Comment

• Just blitzed my way through Batman: White Knight. Good read. I hope we get to see more of this particular Elseworld.
              Last edited by Second Chances; 05-10-2018, 09:24 PM.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
              He/His Pronouns
              CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

• They said they were thinking about having some spinoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                  Just blitzed my way through Batman: White Knight. Good read. I hope we get to see more of this particular Elseworld.
                  I just finished it today and my god it was good. The art was fantastic.

Comment

• Guess who’s been binge-reading Sandman all week?

It’s still really fucking good except for the transphobia.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                    X