No announcement yet.

Let's Talk Comics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking through my comics while i was packing to move and I found my TPBs of Astro City and can I just say the "Confession" arc and "The Nearness of You" are some the best written comic material ever. Nearness always makes me tear up with how beautiful and sad it is.

Comment

• Aquaman and Shazam trailers were fantastic. Good job, DC. Let's see what comes of it.

The Final Frontier

Comment

• Finally got my Providence KS.

Comment

• They've got a Batwoman series slated for the CW, and just cast Ruby Rose as Batwoman herself.

As a fan of hers I'm pleased even though I don't really like Batwoman it might get me to watch.

Comment

• Kieron Gillen has announced his new book, DIE, and he describes it as "goth Jumanji".

I'm sold
            Last edited by Cinder; 09-11-2018, 05:59 AM.

Cinder's Comprehensive Collection of Creations - Homebrew Hub

I write about Beast: The Primordial a lot

This is what I'm working on

Comment

• I just finished reading Astro City: The Broken Melody and enjoyed it quite a bit.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• Damned Batman Dick. Surprised it finally happened but full frontal (though shaded) nudity with the Batman.

Not sure the rules about posting Batwangs so just a link to one of the images with a warning.

https://i.redd.it/m1i54du977n11.png

Lots of surprises this week. Nightwing's got his wings clipped by KGBeast, Midnighter and Apollo make a brief appearance in the Wild Storm. Scott Free finally faces off against Darkseid. Damian's assistant in going rogue. Another bittersweet story from the Ice Cream Man.
                Last edited by nofather; 09-19-2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Started reading Jeff Lemire and Dean Ormstom's Black Hammer series, as well as the Sherlock Frankenstein spin off with David Rubin, and am enjoying it quite a bit.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                  Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

• They're solid reads, I especially liked Sherlock Frankenstein.

Comment

• Someone talk me out of rereading the good parts of Sandman again.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                        Someone talk me out of rereading the good parts of Sandman again.
                        Read Lucifer Instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                          Someone talk me out of rereading the good parts of Sandman again.

Why would I do that?

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

• Two EXCELLENT comics released today:

Conan the Barbarian #1(or #276) by Marvel is fantastic. Great writing that harkens back to Conan stories of old, and art that is pure Conan. He's muscular, but not like a powerlifter. The action is brutal, the women are sexy and/or dangerous, and I can hear the theme from Conan the Barbarian playing in my head while reading it. A+

Detective Comics #995. Art is crisp and clean, and we have a Batman who s extremely pissed off. Can't wait to see where it goes next.

The Final Frontier

Comment

• I've been mixing up the books I have on my pull list. Right now I have Lucifer (interesting read so far), Superior Spider-Man (I'm surprised at how much I like this book and the character in general), Uncanny X-Men which will lead into the Age of X-Man books being added, Die! Die! Die! from Kirkman (I love this book and recommend it to anyone looking for an over the top ultra violent tongue in cheek action book.) I'm also still getting Weapon H and I like the direction the story has gone, The Batman Who Laughs (enjoying this a lot) Conan (Like Larry said, it's a great companion to the 70's and 80's series.) To finish it off I'm getting Scooby Apocalypse (for shits and giggles), any new Bloodshot books because I like the relaunched version of the character and I was a fan of the old Valiant books. I also still have The Sentry on my list but I don't know if any more issues will be printed as the book seems to have been suspended. I also grabbed the hardcover Providence collection and a softcover Neonomicon. because Alan Moore does Lovecraftian fiction right.

I saved the last book(s) because I wanted to give it special mention. I have them pulling anything Black Hammer related. I really like Jeff Lemire's writing (I hope he gets to continue on The Sentry because of his particular style) and he kills it with this series. If you want to dip your toe in and see what it's about Amazon has the Kindle/Comixology version of the first collected edition (issues 1-12 and the annual) for $5. You'll be doing yourself a favor by adding that to your Kindle library if you have one. It's a really quirky and non traditional take on super heroes that's not from a British writer (and it has been optioned for development by Legendary pictures).

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                              Posts in this color are moderator posts
                              Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                              Forum Terms of Use
                              the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksider View Post
                                I also grabbed the hardcover Providence collection and a softcover Neonomicon. because Alan Moore does Lovecraftian fiction right.
                                Did you do the kickstarter? I did, was wary a bit since Avatar gives like, no-to-little info about what's going on but when I got everything it was in good shape. Came with the Courtyard and Neonomicon too so got the whole story.

Comment

Working...
                                X