No announcement yet.

Let's Talk Comics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit, I made a whole post recommending webcomics, but I either canceled the post by mistake or the forum ate it.

Comment

• My original post included a paragraph explaining premise and what I like about them. But I'm just going to put out the list and links, and let you explore at your own pace.All of these are webcomics with long-term storylines, and all are continuously updating. (Though Lackadaisy goes a long time between pages. It's worth it, though). None of them are what you'd call "comic strip" style works, which is much different than what is found in print comics.

Basically all of them have incredible art. The only exceptions could be argued for Drugs & Wires (which is pretty typical most of the time, but gets spikes of visual appeal at times) and How To Be A Werewolf (whose creator started as an amateur and got better as the comic goes on). Everything else is fantastic in this regard.
      Last edited by Bluecho; 09-26-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
        My original post included a paragraph explaining premise and what I like about them. But I'm just going to put out the list and links, and let you explore at your own pace.All of these are webcomics with long-term storylines, and all are continuously updating. (Though Lackadaisy goes a long time between pages. It's worth it, though). None of them are what you'd call "comic strip" style works, which is much different than what is found in print comics.

Basically all of them have incredible art. The only exceptions could be argued for Drugs & Wires (which is pretty typical most of the time, but gets spikes of visual appeal at times) and How To Be A Werewolf (whose creator started as an amateur and got better as the comic goes on). Everything else is fantastic in this regard.
        I remember reading Girl Genius back in the day. I always loved the Foglio's work ever since there stuff for Mtg and What's new with Phil and Dixie. I think I stopped because to me the stories were just dragging.

Comment

• Yeah, Grimmi. Supercrooks is Millar at his best. The characters in particular are pretty charismatic and charming

Comment

Working...
          X