X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epimetheus
    replied
    Originally posted by Jen View Post

I don't know what happen in their own book, but when they feature in other series it mostly involve being all high and mighty sticking their nose into other people business, saying "you are under arrested for breaking the law/being a danger to everyone" when you have the freaking Hulk and the Scarlet Witch as member is just............urrggh.

In New Warriors one of the Inhuman flat out said that "This is an Inhuman world now, mutant", the writer for the Inhuman even said that they want to made them to be more like the X-Men. And their anniversary cover don't have any of the X-Men or F4 but it does have the lovely Avenger and GotG, oh hey, the two franchise that Marvel has the right to.

Sure look like petty revenge to me :'P
    Too bad inhumans trying to be X-men is even worse than X-men these days (Technically not quality wise on some of the books because bendis can't write anything that isn't spiderman for the life of him) like 30k for a mainstream title is pretty bad. That's actually close to cancellation. It's not going to work. Which I feel kind of bad about because X-men was one of my favorites but at the same time I feel like they need to get rid of every writer they currently have except the ones working on niche x-books and replace them. However, inhumans has been terribly obvious and I'm glad no ones really fallen for it.

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    I think it is because Sony/Disney has a better relationship than Fox/Disney ?

Leave a comment:

• JimB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
    The rumor I'm hearing is because they're pissed about the upcoming movie or some such.
    Not exactly. Marvel sold the movie rights to many of its properties when it was in bankruptcy, and the production studios used Marvel's weak position to leverage certain considerations. I don't know the exact benefits the studios granted themselves, but they include a piece of the profits of any product (I think non-comic products, so figurines, action figures, posters, shit like that) Marvel makes featuring the licensed characters, because the studios claim part of the characters' fame is based on the exposure granted by the movies. Marvel and Disney want to stop paying those fees and to get the movie rights back, so they are paring down appearances and even canceling titles whose characters are licensed to other movie studios in an attempt to try to reduce the studios' profit until it would no longer be worth it for them to keep paying to renew the licenses.

I don't know why they aren't doing this to Spider-Man, except to guess that Marvel cannot get rid of their single most beloved and iconic character.

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Gone View Post
    They can be sometimes.
    I don't know what happen in their own book, but when they feature in other series it mostly involve being all high and mighty sticking their nose into other people business, saying "you are under arrested for breaking the law/being a danger to everyone" when you have the freaking Hulk and the Scarlet Witch as member is just............urrggh.

BTW, speaking of bullies, whats this rumbling I'm hearing about Marvel canceling Fantastic 4? I mean, I'm no fan of the book, but the rumor I'm hearing is because they're pissed about the upcoming movie or some such. Plus, I heard something about them not wanting to do any new X-Men characters, and might be on the verge of ending that too? Again, I'm no X-Men fan these days, but that sounds a little petty if true...
    In New Warriors one of the Inhuman flat out said that "This is an Inhuman world now, mutant", the writer for the Inhuman even said that they want to made them to be more like the X-Men. And their anniversary cover don't have any of the X-Men or F4 but it does have the lovely Avenger and GotG, oh hey, the two franchise that Marvel has the right to.

Sure look like petty revenge to me :'P

Leave a comment:

• Mr Gone
    replied
    Originally posted by Jen View Post
    Oh my, Marvel is doing an anti-bullying campaign featuring Earth (i.e America) Mightiest Hero, excuse me, but from what I have seen aren't they the biggest bulliest in the Marvel universe ?
    They can be sometimes.

BTW, speaking of bullies, whats this rumbling I'm hearing about Marvel canceling Fantastic 4? I mean, I'm no fan of the book, but the rumor I'm hearing is because they're pissed about the upcoming movie or some such. Plus, I heard something about them not wanting to do any new X-Men characters, and might be on the verge of ending that too? Again, I'm no X-Men fan these days, but that sounds a little petty if true...

Leave a comment:

Working...