The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    I'm in a weird spot in that I'm settling pretty comfortably into labeling myself a lesbian, but I'm still attracted to nonhuman male characters and am in a relationship with a man.

Strange world.
    Oh Atamajakki, I have always loved your furry, complex relationship with your sexuality.

Thank you everyone for the reassurance. It does mean a lot. And I will say in regards to men being scary, it's a big reason I never thought about my sexuality for a long time. Men are gross. Like, masculinity isn't gross, and the male body isn't gross, but like...men...are gross. You know? The guys I always fell in love with were gentle nerd boys, but even in the nerd community there are lots and lots of toxic dudes who I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Was never into furries, but I'm not knocking it. :P

(Side note: my fiancee (who is also bi, but did in fact have a big queer realization since she went to a women's college in New England which is the female equivalent of a British country prep school for boys in terms of GAAAAY) and I laughed really hard at "bisexuality is not harmony.")

Comment

• Hetero/Homosexuality is no binary options of orientation. There is whole Sexuality Spectrum on it - see below Kinsey Scale. What's even more interesting - I just, literally, talked about this topic with my partner and we come by to asses we both are 5 on Scale. Even if he loves bear like my body, and I love muscle bears and chasers like him.

We also talked even about theoretical sex with hot actress and actors - he has dispensation from me if he will be hitted by Angelina Jolie, Scarlet Johanson, Mila Jovovich or Zoe Dechanel ( or any other Hollywood star ). I have dispensation on Hugh Jackman and Chris Hemsworth, for example. He called it 'Hollywood Rule'.

And as we are about putting graphics and memes - here is my favorite about Bears Subculture.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-18-2017, 03:10 PM.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
      MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
      MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

Comment

• Hmm. That graph teaches me that you're bisexual if you only wear underwear. Take them off and you turn gay. Put some proper clothes on and you turn straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          Hmm. That graph teaches me that you're bisexual if you only wear underwear. Take them off and you turn gay. Put some proper clothes on and you turn straight.
          Gay people never wear clothes.

That being said, the graph reminds me of this -

Comment

• I have mixed feelings about the Kinsey scale. On the one hand, it's a useful tool for framing the concept of sexuality as a spectrum in a way that's easy to understand if you're used to thinking of sexuality as binary. But ultimately it's just increasing the number of neat little boxes. Good for communicating the idea of the spectrum to people who are new to the concept, not great as a functional model of human sexuality. In my opinion.

Also, the "culture not a costume" campaign was a serious campaign against racist caricatures as Halloween costumes, and I honestly find parody posters of it pretty distasteful.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by RomulusGloriosus View Post

Oh Atamajakki, I have always loved your furry, complex relationship with your sexuality.
              It's a pain in the ass is what it is! I'm stuck doubting the validity of "lesbian" as a label not only because cultural transmisogyny teaches me that I'm not really a woman so I have no place in wlw spaces but also because I want nothing to do with a real man but absolutely would kiss Garrus from Mass Effect or the tiger backup dancers from Zootopia.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                ... nothing to do with a real man but absolutely would kiss Garrus from Mass Effect or the tiger backup dancers from Zootopia.
                I think you are just Pansexual - Jack Harkness did not sleep with EVERYONE - he only COULD sleep if he fancy someone/something.

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                  I think you are just Pansexual - Jack Harkness did not sleep with EVERYONE - he only COULD sleep if he fancy someone/something.
                  Jack was a pretty terrible representation of a pansexual character. I mean, don't get me wrong, I did like the character. But I liked him because he managed to be charming in spite of being a big 'ol ball of pan stereotypes.

Also, come on, man. If Lex says she's a lesbian, a lesbian she is unless she decides otherwise.
                  Last edited by Charlaquin; 03-19-2017, 01:28 AM.

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                    Also, come on, man. If Lex says she's a lesbian, a lesbian she is unless she decides otherwise.
                    Lesbian that wants to have fantasy sex with males aliens or foxes. It's like me saying 'no, I'm strictly gay, even if I dream from time to time about women's touch'. Definitions are there for a reason.

Comment

Lesbian that wants to have fantasy sex with males aliens or foxes. It's like me saying 'no, I'm strictly gay, even if I dream from time to time about women's touch'. Definitions are there for a reason.
                      Ok, first of all they're fictional characters. I have straight friends who think a lot of anime dudes are hot, it doesn't make them not straight. Second of all, you just made a post about sexuality being a spectrum. Are you suggesting only people on the absolute extreme ends of that spectrum (the dude with all his clothes and the naked dude) get to use the terms straight/gay to describe themselves and everyone else on that spectrum is bi or pan? Cause that sounds a whole lot like not a spectrum to me. Third of all, you are directly violating Baroness Nerak's directive against questioning others' sexuality in the first post. I'm not going to give you an infraction for it because I'm too personally involved with this discussion, but I am reporting your post.

Comment

• Yes, but it's safe to say atamajakki knows her sexuality better than people on the forum do, and fantasies aren't necessarily demonstrative of one's true wants.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                          Ok, first of all they're fictional characters. I have straight friends who think a lot of anime dudes are hot, it doesn't make them not straight.
                          I would argue that you are straight then if you are male and have hots for males. But if you still operate in human race it's bisexuality more.

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                          Second of all, you just made a post about sexuality being a spectrum. Are you suggesting only people on the absolute extreme ends of that spectrum (the dude with all his clothes and the naked dude) get to use the terms straight/gay to describe themselves and everyone else on that spectrum is bi or pan? Cause that sounds a whole lot like not a spectrum to me.
                          Bisexuality is not Pansexuality - just like Hetero is not Homo and Cis and Trans. If you goes outside human race in sexual atractions you are not bisex, by definition.

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                          Third of all, you are directly violating Baroness Nerak's directive against questioning others' sexuality in the first post. I'm not going to give you an infraction for it because I'm too personally involved with this discussion, but I am reporting your post.
                          Your right - but we were asked on opinios for Atama's orientation by her. I just point to scientific aclaimed definions.

Comment

That reads like you are mocking Atamajakki. That's not acceptable, especially in a thread like this one. If you can't participate respectfully then you shouldn't post in this thread at all.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                            Posts in this color are moderator posts
                            Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                            Forum Terms of Use
                            the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              Yes, but it's safe to say atamajakki knows her sexuality better than people on the forum do, and fantasies aren't necessarily demonstrative of one's true wants.
                              If fantasies, not actions, were not at all including in sexuality, then you would not have cryptogays and monogamous bisexauls. If you are male and in relationship with women and have fantasies about other man - you are not bisexauls just because you did not acted on it all your life?

Then you cannot be truly Pansexual as we cannot have relations with alien races or AI robots - as humanity still did not found those.

I'm not agreeing with this opiniom then, as we know cryptogays or that Pansexuality is possibile.
                              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-19-2017, 03:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darksider View Post

That reads like you are mocking Atamajakki. That's not acceptable, especially in a thread like this one. If you can't participate respectfully then you shouldn't post in this thread at all.
                                I'm not mocking Atama - I really just want to answer her own question. If she is hurt by this - it was not my intation. Only pointing to official psychologiacal definitions.
                                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-19-2017, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X