The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beriorn View Post
    Lexi works, but if I may pose an alternative: Sandra.
    all these names are so cute omg

Comment

• I would definitely go with Lexi. It's very...vivacious, for lack of a better word.

Our society is held together by the thinnest of threads: that exquisitely refined sense of tribal order.
      Edith Wharton, The Age of Innocence

I am a huge fan of both the Trinity Universe and the classic World of Darkness.

Comment

• I don't think she's on the forums anymore, folks.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
          I don't hate my deadname but it is pretty undeniably masculine, and because I kind of stumbled into my identity I never thought of a replacement for it. Lex is such a delightful nickname that I sorta wish I could stick with it forever, but as so many strangers remind me every single week the only Lex anyone has ever heard of is Superman's undeniable male foe, so I'm scared that sticking with it fucks me on the misgendering fromt literally forever.

Alexandria, maybe? Lux, as so many baristas seem to mishear it as?
          My name's Alessandro, and it's very nice how many names you can get out of it. You could go with Alex or Ale (I've never heard a non-Italian using Ale, but that's how almost everyone calls me, and it's gender neutral). Or you can shorten it a little less, going with Alexia. Or Sandra! Almost nobody has ever used the second part of my name (Sandro tends to be an "indipendent" name). There's also "Sandrina" but I don't personally like it. If somebody were to call me "Sandrino" I'd think they were trying to make fun of me.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read the last post.

Italian nuisance. English is my second language, so be patient!

My homebrew:
          [VtR 2e] Light From a Dead Star: Rome

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
            I don't think she's on the forums anymore, folks.
            I'm around-ish. Just talking a pretty big step back from the games and game-related forums.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
              I'm around-ish. Just talking a pretty big step back from the games and game-related forums.
              Oh, gotcha. Good to know, as I always enjoy talking with you.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

• So, possibly because I habitually live under rocks, I've recently encountered the term "gaymer" in conversation. I've been trying an LGBTQIA social media app and talking RPGs there for a few days now, and the term has come up multiple times. I understand wanting to put your personal spin on how you identify with a favorite hobby. People having nicknames for their social group is a human thing.

Really, I only bring it up because I've only just discovered it as a term and I don't know yet why I think it sounds pretentious.
                Feel free to toss out some theories, because I understand this but I don't, if that makes sense at all. Have I been gayming and not known it?

This might be the dumbest thing I've thought about today, but I'm going to keep wondering anyway.

"The Silver Ladder; because every kid deserves a real Pokemon." - Kleptomania

Comment

• To me 'gaymer' is non-hetero hobby fan making statement about it. Like, they would say: 'Oh, in next Mass Effect you cannot sleep with all NPCs?!' or 'My PC is in polyamorus relation with dwarf, elf and goblin right now!'

You know, making non-heteronormative sexuality of characters very big thing.

Truth be told, I'm myself a bit 'gaymer' there, as I try to put at least one or two non-hetero NPCs in my games, just to show diversity, as I play with mostly straight white people.
                  Last edited by wyrdhamster; 04-16-2017, 04:47 PM.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies and System Hacks Hubs
                  WtF 2E - My Lodges and System Hacks Hubs
                  WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

• I am pretty sure my campaigns count as gayming...

Onyx Path Moderator
                    Forum Rules
                    This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
                    [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• Pretty sure the games I play in or run also would be gayming.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        To me 'gaymer' is non-hetero hobby fan making statement about it. Like, they would say: 'Oh, in next Mass Effect you cannot sleep with all NPCs?!' or 'My PC is in polyamoruos relation with dwarf, elf and goblin right now!'

You know, making non-heteronormative sexuality of characters very big thing.

Truth be told, I'm myself a bit 'gaymer' there, as I try to put at least one or two non-hetero NPCs in my games, just to show diversity, as I play with mostly straight white people.
                        This works for me. I might not adopt the term, but it makes sense now and that pretentious feel is wearing off as I see it more. I think I might have been put off at first simply because I'm wary of othering and exclusionary practices. I have seen Pride used as a cover for good old fashioned cliques. Human beings can tend toward unhealthy tribalism, regardless of identity or orientation. As it stands, gaymer and gayming are just fine by me now.
                        Thanks for the explanation, @wyrdhamster

I appreciate it.
                        Last edited by AzraelFirestorm; 04-16-2017, 03:21 PM.

"The Silver Ladder; because every kid deserves a real Pokemon." - Kleptomania

Comment

Working...
                        X