The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
    Yeah,my question was primarily due to that. I mean, being in a relationship with an asexual that is repulsed by that kind of intimacy is a no win scenario, so I wonder if that kind of repulsion was always the case of if there were "grades" as it were, when they might not be adverse to it with their partner for their sake while probably not seeking it themselves.
    As someone dating a sex-repulsed asexual happily for three years now, I have to disagree with your calling it a "no win" scenario.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      As someone dating a sex-repulsed asexual happily for three years now, I have to disagree with your calling it a "no win" scenario.
      While the phrase no-win does feel wrong to use here, a relationship where one partner is sex-repulsed, the other considers sex an essential part of a relationship, and either or both are unwilling to explore non-monogamous options would certainly be unsustainable. That seems from my perspective to be a very particular set of circumstances, however.
      Last edited by Charlaquin; 07-12-2017, 11:29 AM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
      My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Gowing by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
        Yeah,my question was primarily due to that. I mean, being in a relationship with an asexual that is repulsed by that kind of intimacy is a no win scenario, so I wonder if that kind of repulsion was always the case of if there were "grades" as it were, when they might not be adverse to it with their partner for their sake while probably not seeking it themselves.
        Well, being in a sexual relationship with an ace may be a no-win scenario, but a romantic relationship or a platonic relationship should be just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

I meant no offense, I can only talk about things from my perspective. For me it would be unsustainable.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

• So there's a bill before the US congress right now - HB2796 - that explicitly excludes transgender people from federal civil rights protections. First off, if you live in the US, especially Florida, Iowa, Arizona, Georgia or Texas, I'd implore you to contact your representatives to express your opposition to the bill.

Second off, someone please commiserate with me about how badly the world seems to not want us, and the performative nature of cis allies given the very muted response to this news among them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manic Pixie Dreamcast View Post
              So there's a bill before the US congress right now - HB2796 - that explicitly excludes transgender people from federal civil rights protections. First off, if you live in the US, especially Florida, Iowa, Arizona, Georgia or Texas, I'd implore you to contact your representatives to express your opposition to the bill.

Second off, someone please commiserate with me about how badly the world seems to not want us, and the performative nature of cis allies given the very muted response to this news among them.
              I'm already contacting my congressional representatives.

On the more personal side: This feels like a big, flashing "You Don't Matter" sign, if I'm being generous with the message. Just reading through the bill made me feel so invalidated in the plain language it used to clarify that, in its creator's opinion, I didn't exist. Transgender and non-binary people didn't exist. Not to them. They would deny us as if we didn't exist. Worse yet, many would be glad to have us genuinely not exist at all, the meaning and inherent value of our lives as thinking and feeling human beings be damned. I'm not unhappy about this. That would be too mild a description of how I feel.

I'm saddened. I'm disappointed in people. I'm scared. More than anything, I'm angry.I'm pissed off, because I know that the people I care about deserve to be recognized. I'm pissed off, because yet again the Conservative Right is trying to dictate who we are, who I am and how I'm allowed to live. It's hypocritical bullshit, like most every "traditional values" piece of legislation, and it's as unamerican as you can get without literally dropping your pants and shitting on the constitution. I don't know if I've provided sympathy, but I ask for it. I hope you understand how hurt, disgusted and angry I am at the state of this country. And the world.

The Midnight Oil on 98.1 FM HOWL RADIO - https://twitter.com/AzraelFirestorm?s=09

Comment

• I've contacted but... I live in an awful state for this stuff. I have a "Democrat" Senator in pretty much name only.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• So if you live under a rock - or just do not watch international news blocks - in Poland we are fighting for democracy when our government party - PiS - is trying to make our country in to second Russia or Hungary, Just see this New York Times article...

In Poland, an Assault on the Courts Provokes Outrage

Why am I writing about in LGBT+ topic? Because from last Tuesday I participate in local demonstrations for 'Free Poland'. They are held at 9 P.M., each night, from last Sunday. Those are my first political manifestations in my home city Lublin - know from generally very conservative population...

Today, on demonstration, I saw maybe a 12 year boy with Rainbow Flag on his back ( in crowd of Polish and European Union flags ) - it's the first time I see Rainbow Pride in public in this city, like from ever! I saw it once or twice when I was in our local 'Gay Pub', but not on the streets!

And I'm a bit embarrassed that 12 year old put his on his back before me - almost 30 year old proud activist...
                  Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-22-2017, 02:51 AM.

My Hubs - MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks
                  MtAw 2E - History of Awakened - (almost) canonical game timeline of events
                  WtF 2E - Alternative werewolves myths from around the world

Comment

• Our local Pride was last weekend, and even though I'm pretty opposed for a variety of reasons (it's almost exclusively for gay men, it's been gentrified and commercialized like nobody's business, heavy police presence), I was really heartened to see some trans pride flags in the crowd and even one teenager wrh an asexual flag. The community here has a long ways to go, but those baby steps helped make up for the rest.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• Finally settled on a feminine name I'm comfortable with. Put it in my signature, along with my preferred pronouns. Most regulars know them by now, but for the benefit of newcomers.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                      My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Gowing by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• That's a nice name. Glad you found something comfortable, Willow.

Bloodline: The Stygians

Comment

Working...
                        X