No announcement yet.

The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got an Internet friend who's told me that they're actively considering suicide. The situation's pretty bad. I've offered what help I can, which is sending them some crisis hotline suggestions (https://ostem.org/page/crisis-hotlines). In this sort of situation, what more could I do? What sort of advice or guidance could I offer? Especially since as a cishet I couldn't possibly understand how hard of a situation they're in.

"Nihhina kalekal-zidu kal masun, kal manudanadu. Nihhina kalekal-zidu nukal shaghu-desasudu — nihhina kalekal-zidu kal innu-desasudu udhkal samm." Arthur Ashe
    Check out my tumblr for Chronicles of Darkness-related musings
    He/him pronouns, please

Comment

• It's really tough times. And the thing that not enough people recognize is this is just THE START, and the BAREST of starts. And yeah, I think what you need to do is be supportive as you can, but also try and make sure they get help. Maybe ask them to promise that they'll try and get help. Promises can be a really powerful tool.

​When noise turns to silence, when colors dull and pale, when reality no longer makes sense, there shall you find me. There, in the dreams of the River of Faceless Millions, do I dwell.

http://harenm.deviantart.com/gallery/ for my art.

Comment

• I was considering suicide once, 8 years ago, for a day or two. I was 23 year old and I was really depressed. At that time I only told my then girlfriend ( now ex ) about me being bisex. ( And it was almost a year after our break up. ) I then decided to try consul with psychologist. I was only on one hurtful meeting with public therapist that advised me to 'talk to friend'. I tried to talk then to the buddy I was considering was closest to me - but could not reach him. THEN I started to realized I do not have real friends, only drinking buddies.,,

I told to myself - 'Karol, you are fat, big, nerd guy. They did not broke you totally in primary school when mocking you for your figure. You lived all those years by your own, with passing people, without real friends or connections. And you DID get a girlfriend even for three years, once - it's more than most nerds gets. You CAN survive this! Try some man dates, finally.'

And then I started to go over gay dating sites and chatrooms. Played a bit. After a month, found my now almost 8 years life partner. We got many ups and downs. We got into so instance fights I did not listened anybody had in our circles. We maybe pointed as 'the worst couple under the sun'. But we are together, all those years, in the end - for better or worse.

Most of my 'friends' are just games colleagues. Most even moved from Lublin or we do not speak to one another. But I found my lover and I stayed by him - even when it's really tough, sometimes.

As I like to say: Suicide is simple - living your life is hard. But it's worth it. If I did not took a grasp on myself then, I would not be here. I would not wrote this words to you.

And don't get me wrong - live as LGBT+ in Poland is sooo much irritating now we still may move from our homeland. But we still can do this choice to move out. If I would be dead, I will not have any choice to look for brighter future for me and my partner. I simply would be dead.

It's a cold shower, but maybe you need to say this to your friend. You must live to make a change in your life.

Ask for help, look for solutions. Hell, even move to other country. BUT DO NOT TAKE YOURS OWN LIFE! It's simply stupid thing to do. ( Not to mention it will break the hearts of people close to you. )

And remember: IT GETS BETTER! All you really need is a bit of courage to live as you feel you should, in the inside.

More hard slogan: Don't die, be proud! 🏳️*🌈☺️🏳️*🌈
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 10-28-2018, 02:24 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games
        Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
        Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
        Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
        My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• Thought y'all might enjoy this.

Comment

• And in Poland, just two weeks after 'Legal Battle for the Equality March' in my home city of Lublin - we have another LGBT+ controversial debate in country. Yesterday, more than 200 schools across Poland have celebrated "Rainbow Friday" with activities promoting tolerance for LGBTIQ+ students. Of course, as we talk here about country ( Poland ) under quasi-fascist supporting government and under total heel of fundamentalist wing of Catholic Church - schools that organized LGBT+ tolerance event where scrutinized and under 'interview siege' of right wing popular newspapers. We will see after this weekend how much repercussions principles and teachers in participating institutions will have.

As now, read below more on the idea...

'Joanna Skonieczna, Campaign Against Homophobia coordinator in Warsaw, said the goal of Rainbow Friday was to help young people feel safe and accepted at school.

Bartlomiej Pielak, Vice-principal of High School No 1 in the capital, said it was a "a great opportunity to talk to young people about one of the most difficult topics" in society.

However, several schools cancelled their activities following government pressure and threats in some places.

The education minister of Poland's conservative government, Anna Zalewska, had warned ahead of time that any principals who allowed such events to take place could face negative consequences.

She also asked parents to report any such activities to authorities.
            It was not immediately clear how many schools cancelled their plans to participate.'

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• So my last relationship unceremoniously ended last week, and now I’m single for basically the first time in five years, and definitely the first time as a trans woman and a lesbian. The last was long-distance, and the ine before that was basically loveless and completely devoid of physical intimacy.

So I have a date with a cute enby on Sunday, my first first date since I was a teenager(!!), and first chance to maybe share a bed with someone in ages.

I’m excited and terrified all at once.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• My BearWagen! I won in LGBT+ event lottery Bears of Poland license plates frame and so putted it on my car. License numbers are edited because of GDPR.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 10-30-2018, 03:19 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• #TransWontBeErased - Yasterday, on our leftist country radio TokFM, I listened there is mass transpeople action movement in USA because Trump administration wants to erase nonbinary genders from federal law. In Poland, we today join with USA oppressed people in demonstration under US Embassy in Warsaw. More on the subject -
                  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/22/u...ion-rally.html

My new solidarity profile pic on FB ( in new Bear t-shirt ).

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    #TransWontBeErased - Yasterday, on our leftist country radio TokFM, I listened there is mass transpeople action movement in USA because Trump administration wants to erase nonbinary genders from federal law.
                    [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][COLOR=#1d2129][SIZE=14px]
                    Not just nonbinary genders. The administration wants the legal definition of gender to be determined at birth, and to be unchangable. Even if you transition from one binary end of the spectrum to the other, you would still legally be considered the gender you were assigned at birth. It’s disgusting.

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    In Poland, we today join with USA oppressed people in demonstration under US Embassy in Warsaw. More on the subject -
                    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/22/u...ion-rally.html
                    Thank you so much. The work you do for LGBTQIA people in your country and around the world is inspiring.

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                    My new solidarity profile pic on FB ( in new Bear t-shirt ).

Nice!

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• It's not the straight LGBT+ subject, but as we have lesbians and transwomen here, and I'm feminist - I was partially shocked, partially not surprised at all. Listening today radio broadcast on 100th years anniversary of Women Vote Rights in Poland ( with coming 100th anniversary of Polish Interdependence in 3 days ) it was very much hitting me wrong, whole thing...

Red Dead Redemption 2 players are attacking and killing feminists in game

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Oh, I had heard about that. My general response is, does it matter?

Rockstar games have always offered players plenty of freedom, including the opportunity to kill NPCs. I remember people freaking out on the news years ago about how in Grand Theft Auto 2 or 3 you could kill prostitutes after having sex with them. So being able to kill an NPC in a Rockstar game isn't anything new or groundbreaking.
                        Last edited by AnubisXy; 11-08-2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, this Shirrako guy sounds like an asshole for farming views out of animated violence against feminists. But, like, it’s Grand Theft Equis. Being able to kill any NPC is kind of a key selling point, and what are they going to do, not include suffragette NPCs? I feel like that would be worse. I guess they could make them unkillable like a lot of open world games do for children, but that’d probably cause even more outrage. I’m not one to put stock in slippery slope arguments, but I’m sure that if suffragettes were invulnerable, Rockstar would be facing protests of “what’s next, can’t kill any nonwhite nonmale characters?” Basically, I don’t think the fact that RDR2 doesn’t make an exception to its rules for certain characters is a problem. I do think streamers abusing the game’s open world to make a profit off of hateful garbage content is a problem, but not one Rockstar is in a good position to do much about.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Okay, so, I'm totally on board the movement for equal rights, and pretty sure I'm... hope I got this right cause so many terms, femmesexual, which means, I'd like to be with a presenting female, genitals don't matter to me. And I'm male. Hope none of that was offensive to say, I sure don't mean it that way

(oh, also should be divorced from my psychopathic, soon to be ex-cisfem wife by the end of the month)

So the thing I want to ask, how to debate or explain this to my gay stepson, that as rights go, the BTQ+ should not be separated from the LG, he says, and my FTM stepson (who I'll prolly never see again), both insist there's no such thing as bi, they're just confused, and my stepson says his brother Alix is just confused

People are people of course, but this lack of solidarity for their community is disappointing

Any suggestions for to explain this to anyone?
                            Last edited by Willowfang; 11-09-2018, 12:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                              Okay, so, I'm totally on board the movement for equal rights, and pretty sure I'm... hope I got this right cause so many terms, femmesexual, which means, I'd like to be with a presenting female, genitals don't matter to me. And I'm male. Hope none of that was offensive to say, I sure don't mean it that way

(oh, also should be divorced from my psychopathic, soon to be ex-cisfem wife by the end of the month)

So the thing I want to ask, how to debate or explain this to my gay stepson, that as rights go, the BTQ+ should not be separated from the LG, he says, and my FTM stepdaughter (who I'll prolly never see again), both insist there's no such thing as bi, they're just confused, and my stepson says his brother Alix is just confused

People are people of course, but this lack of solidarity for their community is disappointing

Any suggestions for to explain this to anyone?
                              Calling a trans man your stepdaughter is a pretty shitty thing to say. And femmsexual isn’t a thing, you’re just straight.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• crap crap crap, didn't mean to do that

Edited it, so sorry, I try so hard to get it right and still slip sometime, and in the same sentence I did say "his brother Alix"

As for Femmesexual not being a thing, an online trans friend had helped me find that definition in a list of terms from a couple sites at least. I can see it not being a thing too to some people. And that's fine too, no one should need a term to be, they just are. Nor should I just pick a term to say "hey, I belong" if you think I'm just straight

So sorry I called him by the wrong gender.
                                Last edited by Willowfang; 11-09-2018, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X