The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
    I'm writing a game about dysphoric fallen angels and it's the best kind of cathartic for me.
    Can you tell me more about this? It reminds me of a character concept I made for something a while back. I'll need to dig some stuff up to get the details on that concept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iethloc View Post

Can you tell me more about this? It reminds me of a character concept I made for something a while back. I'll need to dig some stuff up to get the details on that concept.
      It’s called Feathers, and is a Belonging Outside Belonging game (the same system as Dream Askew) about angels who have unexpectedly fallen from heaven and found themselves clad in human form. It’s about building a sense of self you can be comfortable in, with some smaller themes of faith and our relationships with other people.

Gonna try and get it made over the next month or two! I already have one playbook mostly done.

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

• I'm unfamiliar with that system, but that definitely sounds interesting. I'll look into Belonging Outside Belonging and Dream Askew some time.

I found the little bit I had on that character concept, too. This was for a writing job application for which I was not accepted, so I think it's fine to talk about it. The character was named Addison (Addy for short), who was a non-binary person implied to be the child of the biblical Adam and a seraph. This was one of a few character concepts I made to help me explore the idea of being non-binary myself (something I still think about once in a while, although I'm leaning towards not).

Comment

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
          Just did a count (yes, I know how that sounds), after realizing that about half of my current NPCs were LGBTQIA-friendly: I have (at least) 3 trans characters, a caravan of awesome lesbians and a truckload of enbys, bisexual folks and various flavors of gay men. I had not intended to make the setting I'm using now to be so overtly queer, but I guess it makes sense. Write what you know, amirite?
          Yeah my games, especially in the past few years, are almost infamously queer friendly. I am on a Blue Rose kick right now which is one of the queerest mainstream settings I have ever seen, and my ongoing Changeling and Geist games have a lot of queer characters as well. It's fun, and my group is happy with it.

Seriously, Blue Rose is a game setting where bi instead of straight is the default (with gay and straight being common enough and not in any way looked down on), nonbinary roles in society baked into the default, transitioning discussed, and Polyamory being reletively common and accepted. Plus it is romantic fantasy with a valdamar feel. I am not going to find better than that without making it myself.

I need to run Masquerade again, you can get some serious queer feels from that.

Onyx Path Moderator
          Forum Rules
          This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
          [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post

Yeah my games, especially in the past few years, are almost infamously queer friendly. I am on a Blue Rose kick right now which is one of the queerest mainstream settings I have ever seen, and my ongoing Changeling and Geist games have a lot of queer characters as well. It's fun, and my group is happy with it.

Seriously, Blue Rose is a game setting where bi instead of straight is the default (with gay and straight being common enough and not in any way looked down on), nonbinary roles in society baked into the default, transitioning discussed, and Polyamory being reletively common and accepted. Plus it is romantic fantasy with a valdamar feel. I am not going to find better than that without making it myself.

I need to run Masquerade again, you can get some serious queer feels from that.

Ooh, Blue Rose sounds interesting. I mostly play supernatural horror games, tabletop or otherwise, but I have a big soft spot for romantic (even a bit cheesy) games and stories. Having a baked-in queer feel would definitely be a plus. I'll make sure to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

And yeah, VtM has always been where most of my queer characters have, over the years, found a comfortable home (aside from Mage). Sometimes I almost have to laugh at how many queer characters I played before I'd come out, or even come to terms with my non-fictional self. Thankfully, I eventually realized why those queer characters made me so happy when I played them, and so bummed when I compared myself to them. Now I get to be me, in real life, and that makes me a very happy geek gal.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
            - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
            (She/Her)

Comment

• Here is an article on Blue Rose

http://gamingtrend.com/feature/revie...antasy-review/

And I know what you mean about characters. Five years before coming out to myself I made a Geist character who is so much like me now people have commented it is eerie. And it was not in the least deliberate.

Onyx Path Moderator
              Forum Rules
              This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
              [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• If anyone wants to see my game, it's now technically playable. If you want something diceless and GMless about dysphoric fallen angels, take a look: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2...N1CV3ZjDO53vUv

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
                  If anyone wants to see my game, it's now technically playable. If you want something diceless and GMless about dysphoric fallen angels, take a look: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-2...N1CV3ZjDO53vUv
                  This is very different from systems I've played in the past, and it'll probably take some time to wrap my head around that, but I'm still really liking what I'm seeing so far.

Continuing the conversation about characters, every time I made a roleplaying or video game character I was tempted to make them a woman, but I almost never did. On some level I knew I would enjoy it more and identify with it more, and I was scared of that. Denial is a hell of a thing! Still, I eventually started making female characters, and becoming more comfortable with that helped me accept that I am a woman.

Comment

• Hopefully, tomorrow should be the beginning of the next step. I've looked forward to HRT for a while now. Unfortunately, I had to put things off due to issues at home. My last doctor, who was more than alright with just handing me my prescriptions, is on leave for personal reasons. Their temporary replacement is who I'll be seeing. and that's giving me so much anxiety. My normal doctor has accreditation in gender studies and works regularly with dysphoria.

The new doc? I have no idea.

I don't know their medical opinions or biases, I don't know if they have some "issue" with trans folks. Hell, I don't even know if they're LGBTQ+ friendly, beyond what bare minimum the law mandates. I hope all my worries are just me being paranoid. I just want to get proper medical treatment and the chance to live as myself for once.

Wish me luck.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
                    (She/Her)

Comment

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
                      Wish me luck.
                      Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        Good luck!

Thank you! Today's the day. I'm trying to stay calm, but HOLY COW IT'S FINALLY HERE.

(She/Her)

Comment

• Fingers crossed for good and happy transition for you, Az.

LGBT+ in CoD games
                          Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                          Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                          Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                          My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

• Oh wow, best of luck Az~!

I've got a bit of a bad habit of extensively editing my posts after the fact. Please try and bear with me...
                            In case you're comfortable being more friendly and casual about things, my name's Estella, or Es/Essie for short. She/Her or They/Them, please.

Comment

• Think I finally have a name that’ll stick.

Also, got to finally play Feathers last night with some dear friends and we all cried a ton, so it works!

Comment

• Thanks, wyrdhamster Sconce! I need all the luck I can get.

Also, great news atamajakki (I never know when I'm on good enough terms to just call someone by their first name, but I think Remi is absolutely lovely)! I'm so glad the game works as intended, and doubly glad you and your friends had a great game sesh!

As for myself:

I finally started HRT the other day. So far, it hasn't shown adverse side-effects in my system. I do feel a bit more calm, or at least...centered? It's hard to describe. I'm used to having my mind all over the place, almost in a frustrated haze at times. I'm more clearheaded right now, or at least it feels that way. Even my dreams, which are usually nightmares, are showing up differently. For instance, instead of blood-curdling terror last night, I spent the dream-hours hanging out with Kaine (of Blood Omen and Soul Reaver fame) while we chatted and he drank scotch like water. I had a soft drink, because I'm the responsible one.

Anyway, that's my little update.

I hope everyone has a great day!

(She/Her)

Comment

Working...
                                X