Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post
    What a humongous asshat!

Sorry if saying that is against the rules, but seriously, that's not cool in the least.
    Indeed, hence the ban.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• So on last Sunday one of Polish City Presidents - Paweł Adamowicz - was murdered on the scene of greatest charity event of the year - Wielka Orkiestra Świątecznej Pomocy - by some really unhinged individual. Adamowicz was great ally to LGBT+ community and other socially excluded groups. Whole Poland is devastated by this.

In Lublin, we had a wake event on Monday and when we come with rainbow flags to honor him, our activists where asked to hide them by prodemocratic groups.

Me and my straight ally friend where asked to join next Equality March in Lublin committee, that will be once again in Autumn. This time as co-workers, but not the leader of the event, as other local activist is face of March now. Maybe it's better - leading March was too much last year for me, I much more work as 'man in the middle'. But activists in there are great!

Our now leader even sues right wing province governor and council man for the hate speech they said in social media before last year Equality March in Lublin - even when there are no direct laws to do this, as they mentioned his station as 'March organizer'.
      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-18-2019, 02:09 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Inspired by last week Pathcast with Joseph D. Carriker - where he talks about LGBT+ marginalisation in RPGs - I started Facebook group for polish LGBT+ players and Game Masters!

I did this after 3rd time my post was blocked by admins in biggest polish RPG group on FB - that is also very censoring LGBT+ content. We will see how it will go from this. With 40 people joining in only few hours - I see our 'rainbow' group was need in Polish fandom for this.

EDIT: We have now 80+ members in group.
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-29-2019, 01:33 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Awesome! Good job!

Onyx Path Moderator
          Forum Rules
          This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
          [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• I recently asked Vance, one of the Exalted developers, about the viability of nonbinary or genderfluid Lunars in Exalted third edition, and wanted to cross-post his reply for y'all.

Originally posted by Robert Vance
            One of the many things Luna is a goddess of is people who exist outside of gender norms and social conventions

If you have gender dysphoria, and you Exalt as a Lunar, your true human shape changes into one that you will be comfortable in

Many-Faced Moon Transformation does let you very easily add, remove, or change sexual characteristics, and its Appearance 1 so everyone can get it, but I didn't want to make trans Lunars have to get that Charm

Comment

• I just want add my voice to how awesome the Pathcast episode with Carriker was! I hadn't really heard of any Green Ronin anything but after that episode I felt compelled to do some more research. The inclusiveness of the setting and uniqueness of the genre of Blue Rose just kind of really made me feel good that it exists!

A few of my friends and are are in talks with starting up a game of it to try it out but I just want to mention that I love the inclusive feeling I get from places like OPP and Green Ronin XD.

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

• Blue Rose is really cool. Baseline bisexuality, with gay, straight, and ace people fully accepted, and polyamory as common as monogamy...at least in Aldis. And non-binary people are accepted and have a unique role as well. The art and NPCs back that up...there is an adventure where you meet and help a married triad of women, for instance.

I have a AP of a Blue Rose game which include a poly triad (some of whom have additional romances) and other assorted queerness here.

And as I am sure he noted a novel is out as well.

Onyx Path Moderator
                Forum Rules
                [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
                  Blue Rose is really cool. Baseline bisexuality, with gay, straight, and ace people fully accepted, and polyamory as common as monogamy...at least in Aldis. And non-binary people are accepted and have a unique role as well. The art and NPCs back that up...there is an adventure where you meet and help a married triad of women, for instance.
                  Hm. I understand that such a scenario might be quite soothing for people with gender issues, but having more social infights is probably better for a RPG setting.
                  Also true that open polygamy is not a feature of many fictional settings, so it contributes to make this game unique.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maris Streck View Post
                    Hm. I understand that such a scenario might be quite soothing for people with gender issues, but having more social infights is probably better for a RPG setting.
                    Depends on how you define “better,” I guess. For me, “better” in the context of an RPG means “more enjoyable to play,” and not having to justify my gender and sexuality to bigots in my free time as well as real life definitely makes it that.

Also, not being cisgender is not “issues.”

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Comment

Also true that open polygamy is not a feature of many fictional settings, so it contributes to make this game unique.
                      Well there is the Theocracy of Jarzon, which has sort of mandated Cishet monogomy, if you want that aspect. Aldis is the main kingdom of the setting, though, and it is as described above. Even the dark region of Kern is pretty permissive, though it is less open minded more "I am more worried about the liches and vampires running the place and worry about secret police than if my neighbors are men living together" sort of thing.

My game has less about Jarzon though it does acknowledge it, because my 2/3 queer group wants to indulge in a setting where they get no shit for it, and their queer triads can fight the lesbian vampire skull knights.

ETA: Besides, my players can get that struggle in our real world WoD/CoD games.
                      Last edited by Baroness Nerak; 02-05-2019, 10:13 PM.

Onyx Path Moderator
                      Forum Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                        Depends on how you define “better,” I guess. For me, “better” in the context of an RPG means “more enjoyable to play,” and not having to justify my gender and sexuality to bigots in my free time as well as real life definitely makes it that.
                        And why would you need to justify them?
                        You're also obviously going to feel some kind of distress if you project every time you RP.

As for my definition of "better", a narrative revolves around conflicts and how the main character face them. I.E., in Aldis there is little conflict to be squeezed out of a character's gender and little difference in characterization between a polyamorous 6-group or a couple (you can always have conflicts between lovers, of course, but that's not the point), so your story can't use this as a plot hook.

Not that you need to, but all other things equal I'd rather have an extra RP tool.

Also, not being cisgender is not “issues.”
                        It is if you live it as an issue or if the people around you give you issues for it.

Well there is the Theocracy of Jarzon, which has sort of mandated Cishet monogomy, if you want that aspect.
                        Well, it's not like I want it - I only think that it's best for the setting to have opposite factions.

My game has less about Jarzon though it does acknowledge it, because my 2/3 queer group wants to indulge in a setting where they get no shit for it, and their queer triads can fight the lesbian vampire skull knights.
                        But I totally understand this- as Charlaquin said and I previously implied, people (usually) don't want to live everyday struggles in the game.

Comment

You're also obviously going to feel some kind of distress if you project every time you RP.
                          Can you rephrase this? I’m unclear what you mean.

Originally posted by Maris Streck View Post
                          As for my definition of "better", a narrative revolves around conflicts and how the main character face them. I.E., in Aldis there is little conflict to be squeezed out of a character's gender and little difference in characterization between a polyamorous 6-group or a couple (you can always have conflicts between lovers, of course, but that's not the point), so your story can't use this as a plot hook.
                          Yes, but conflict regarding my gender and sexuality is something I get more than enough of in real life. There are plenty of other conflicts I would enjoy roleplaying much more.

Not that you need to, but all other things equal I'd rather have an extra RP tool.
                          All other things are not equal.

It is if you live it as an issue or if the people around you give you issues for it.
                          You’re describing other people’s issues with my gender. Being trans isn’t an issue for me, I quite enjoy it. It’s an issue for bigots, and fuck those people.

Comment

Well, it's not like I want it - I only think that it's best for the setting to have opposite factions.
                            Rest assured BR does, from nations like Kern or Jarzon or the Pirate Islands, to Shadow Cults, criminals like the Silence, to all the undead and monsters you can want.

Just orientation, identity, or exclusivity is not generally one of the differences, beyond Jarzon who are often represented more as badly misguided than evil.

Onyx Path Moderator
                            Forum Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                              Can you rephrase this?
                              I'm saying two different things.

Firstly, that you don't need to justify your gender in general, why should you in a game?

Secondly, that projecting (aka: RPing a character with your own personality) is naturally going to make you take whatever happens in the game on a more personal level. The similarities between the two cause the transfert of every offense your character suffers to you player, causing distress and suffering (usually light, unless some specific key themes are treated). This is how RP was born, but since we neither are patients playing out our fears in a controlled environment nor we have the luxury of a professional psychologist sitting at every gaming session I'd usually advise against projection.

This means that I'd be less capable of properly portray a transgender character than you but, at the same time, I'm going to risk less psychological pain. And both are for the same reason: because I'm not one.

Of course I'm not saying to not RP a transgender character, only pointing out that when you don't want your character to suffer some kind of in-game stigma you just make it so he doesn't have to. Yes, BR does not make a stigma of non-cis characters but this is beyond the point of what I was saying.

Rest assured BR does, from nations like Kern or Jarzon or the Pirate Islands, to Shadow Cults, criminals like the Silence, to all the undead and monsters you can want.
                              I didn't mean to imply that the game had none or that it had a lousy setting. =p
                              I don't honestly know it enough to give this kind of judgement and I'm sorry if it felt otherwise. I was just trying to express a general opinion.

Also, I'm a pro at resting. ; )

Comment

I'm saying two different things.

Firstly, that you don't need to justify your gender in general
                                Uhh... what? A significant and powerful portion of the world does not accept my gender as valid. In what way do I not need to justify it?

Secondly, that projecting (aka: RPing a character with your own personality) is naturally going to make you take whatever happens in the game on a more personal level. The similarities between the two cause the transfert of every offense your character suffers to you player, causing distress and suffering (usually light, unless some specific key themes are treated). This is how RP was born, but since we neither are patients playing out our fears in a controlled environment nor we have the luxury of a professional psychologist sitting at every gaming session I'd usually advise against projection.

This means that I'd be less capable of properly portray a transgender character than you but, at the same time, I'm going to risk less psychological pain. And both are for the same reason: because I'm not one.
                                I fundamentally disagree with this on a lot of levels.

Comment

Working...
                                X