X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
    I should add my name to that list...
    Write to lists creators on that -
    'If you are not on the list yet or some information is incorrect, please fill out our Google Form here and we will update once a month. We will not be listing any creators without their permission.'

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• As I listen a lot of podcast in work, I give you Australian LGBT+ history podcasters - Queer as Fact!

'In honour of the 50th anniversary this month, we're covering New York's 1969 Stonewall Riots. Tune in for a story of queer resistance, featuring chorus lines, Molotov cocktails, and the birth of the modern gay rights movement.'

Stonewall - https://queerasfact.podbean.com/e/stonewall-1559352775/

Lately there were podcasts, for example, about Marsha P Johnson ( related to Stonewall ) and representation in Game of Throne.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Two nerd news for our community! Official D&D Facebook profile become rainbow! <3

And Steam made special LGBTQ+ tag for games on their platform - finally looking over games that interest you!

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-25-2019, 06:49 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• I had the gayest 4th of July I've ever had before.

It was pretty freaking rad.

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
          - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
          (She/Her)

Comment

• Originally posted by AzraelFirestorm View Post
            I had the gayest 4th of July I've ever had before.
            How gay was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              How gay was it?

Approximately THIS gay. c:

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
              - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
              (She/Her)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                How gay was it?

So gay, Lady Liberty gave The Motherland a booty call.

(That’s not too oblique, is it?)
                Last edited by Charlaquin; 07-05-2019, 03:21 AM.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                  So gay, Lady Liberty gave The Motherland a booty call.

(That’s not too oblique, is it?)
                  I mean, I enjoyed it.

Comment

• Last year, the first thing I saw at Pride was a float for... Chipotle. I literally turned around and went back inside.

This year, I expected to be let down again, but could not have possibly braced for “giant projected image of a transgender symbol that morphed into a Coor’s Light logo.”

Fuck this.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• I have a few ways of looking at this...

1) Yeah, they are totally trying to cash in on queer people as a way to get money.

2) Some, however, have done real good. Several organizations pressured my start to drop HB2, and other states backed off on similar legislation. The fact is, corporate pressure is doing as much, if not more, for civil rights than community action in several places, especially in the South, because money talks. Now not all these case for everyone showing a rainbow, and not saying corporations are good but the fact is, love or hate, many places we have more rights for their intervention. I personally do.

3) Other good news. Just 15 years ago this was fanciful to think at best. 25 years ago it would be utterly unthinkable that companies would align themselves with gay people. Yes, this is greed, but this is amazing. A lot of older LGBTQ+ folks break down in tears seeing all these companies competing to see how gay friendly they are.

So it's complicated. Corporations are awful, greedy entities that do make life worse. They have too much money, and can be said to be Part of the Problem. But without their lobbying, many of us outside very liberal states would not have the rights we do, and many coporations are lobbying for LGBTQ+ causes on a federal level, throwing just an insane amount of money about it.

so...yeah.

Onyx Path Moderator
                      Forum Rules
                      This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
                      [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• Moral of the story: capitalism ruins everything. In other news, studies show a correlation between hydrogen dioxide and moisture.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• I recently remembered tomorrow is the 4th anniversary of me accepting that I am transgender. It's been a very long journey, one that I have yet to finish, but I am glad to have started it.

Comment

• Returning to 'capitalism and LGBT+' - and pointing to our latest Polish news...

IKEA SUED BY WORKER FIRED FOR POSTING ANTI-GAY BIBLE QUOTES, ATTACKING 'PROMOTION OF HOMOSEXUALITY'

'Ikea is being sued by a former employee who claims he was fired for refusing to take down anti-gay comments from the company's intranet. (...) On May 16, International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia, the Swedish furniture maker posted an article on its internal website, underscoring support for the LGBT community. The post also encouraged employees to ask customers what pronoun they preferred and engage in conversations with LGBT customers about their partners and families.

That didn't sit right with at least one employee in Cracow ( Newsweek made mistake here with Warsaw ), identified only as Tomasz K. He told Polish state broadcaster TVP Info, "I've been hired to sell furniture but I'm a Catholic and these aren't my values."

Tomasz posted a comment to the article, reportedly writing that "acceptance and promotion of homosexuality and other deviations is a source of scandal."
                            He also included two Bible verses: One, Matthew 18:6, reads, "Woe to him through whom scandals come, it would be better for him to tie a millstone around his neck and plunge him in the depths of the sea."

The other, Leviticus 20:13, decrees, "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."

Shortly after leaving his comments, Tomasz said he was called in by management and asked to take them down. "I said that I cannot withdraw my words because this is a quote from the Holy Bible," he told TVP Info." As a Catholic I can not censure God."

Not long after, Tomasz was brought back in and told his contract was being terminated. "I was supposed to pack, empty my locker and give them my ID," he said.

Tomasz filed a lawsuit against Ikea last week, alleging religious discrimination and wrongful termination. His case has been taken up by the Ordo Iuris Institute for Legal Culture, an ultra-conservative Polish group opposing LGBT rights and access to abortion. In a statement on the Ordo Iuris website, Tomasz insisted he believed "every man deserves respect."

"My post was a reaction to indoctrination, which I had been subjected to in the workplace for years," he added. "The attitude imposed on IKEA employees on the postulates of the LGBT movement is radically different from the teaching of the Catholic Church flowing from the Holy Scriptures or accept a situation in which the employer forces me to change my worldview."

He said working at IKEA didn't mean he had to "represent the ideology of its owners."

Tomasz denied his comments encouraged violence against homosexuals: "You do not need to be a theologian or a philosopher to realize that the Holy Bible is not read in a literal way, and its text is full of allegories and hyperbole."

But Ikea maintained his post "could affect the rights and dignity of LGBT+ persons."'

In my home city Lublin, there is billboard now before our local Ikea 'about repression of Catholics from quotes of Bible'.

To sum-up: Poland in year 2019. More of Ikea answer and statements in linked Newsweek article... Next furniture I plan to buy in Ikea.
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-16-2019, 01:10 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• From other news, private news - I help organize second Equality March in Lublin in September and started my own LGBT+ RPGs Facebook group, after the first one that was 'stolen' by other moderation I come to conflict with on running policies.
                              Last edited by wyrdhamster; 07-16-2019, 01:14 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Ah Ikea, the traditional lesbian meeting place...

Onyx Path Moderator
                                Forum Rules
                                This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
                                [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

Working...
                                X