The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
    Ah Ikea, the traditional lesbian meeting place...
    I thought that was a U-Haul rental?

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

I thought that was a U-Haul rental?
      That's where we go once we meet.

Onyx Path Moderator
      Forum Rules
      This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
      [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• So so so grateful for the term “Bambi lesbian.”

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• Another week in pseudofascist Poland...

The Polish conservative newspaper, Gazeta Polska, has said it will distribute "LGBT-free zone" stickers with its next issue.

'The stickers show a black cross superimposed on a rainbow flag. The weekly publication - which has a circulation of around 110,000 - openly supports the conservative governing Law and Justice party (PiS).
          The move was criticised by the US ambassador to Poland, who said the stickers promoted hatred.
          The newspaper's editor said his own views and those of the ambassador should both be respected.
          A preview of the sticker was posted on Gazeta Polska's Twitter feed on Wednesday and it is due to be included in next week's edition.
          US ambassador to Poland Georgette Mosbacher expressed concern.
          "I am disappointed and concerned that some groups use stickers to promote hatred and intolerance. We respect freedom of speech, but we must stand together on the side of values such as diversity and tolerance," Ms Mosbacher tweeted.'

Positive fact: Campaign Against Homophobia ( KPH ), largest pro LGBT+ NGO in Poland, is informing notify the prosecutor's office about the possibility of spreading totalitarian regimes or inciting hatred on the basis of national, ethnic, racial and religious differences. But prosecutor's office is under PiS-related Minister of Justice, Zbigniew Ziobro.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Well, that's disturbing. I don't know how such bigotry took root in Poland.

I hope the so called 'Law and Justice' party gets voted out at the nearest opportunity.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

• I don’t want to spoil the new Rocko’s Modern Life movie on Netflix, but…

Without saying too much, Rocko, Heffer and Filburt run into a character in the old show who has since transitioned, and all three are immediately accepting of her new identity.

We eventually see that she hasn’t told her parents yet, though, and when she does, her dad flips out and screams, “I have no daughter!” But her mom is very supportive, even getting her a new pair of shoes. And even her dad eventually comes around to embracing his daughter.

Really gave me the feels.

Comment

• ^ I was really happy about that.

I loved how they instantly adopt the correct pronouns, no hesitation at all.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

• Yesterday, one of player that was not on my birthdays give me this big teddy bear. It's almost twice funny, as in Polish, words for 'Master' and 'Bear' sounds somehow similar. So I got 'Game Bear', where I'm constant Game Master and also in Gay Bear minority in LGBT+ movement. It's very fun and sweet from him.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• So today I've watched the movie "Love, Simon". Perhaps a bit in late, but better late than never, right? While some parts of the movie were a bit... triggering, so the speak, the end was indeed heart warming. A sting of jealousy, perhaps, but after that every move about a gay person that I saw in the LGBT cell in my university was about a tragedy of some sort, having an happy ending was quit refreshing.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• I still can’t see Halloween Oreos without thinking of that movie.

Comment

• They don't sell those where I live (probably because we don't celebrate Halloween.. the one holiday I would have wanted to celebrate -_-), so after that movie I'm going to plan especially to fly abroad on Halloween just so I could get them :P

I also finally feel a bit better right now. That movie touched all of the broken pieces inside of me, and I was very on edge for the last three days. It brought up too many memories which I prefer to forget. Still, very sweet move which I don't regret watching, and replayed my favorite scenes of it for like an hour after it.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                          They don't sell those where I live (probably because we don't celebrate Halloween.. the one holiday I would have wanted to celebrate -_-), so after that movie I'm going to plan especially to fly abroad on Halloween just so I could get them
                          They're on store shelves right now, in the U.S. - maybe have a buddy mail you some cookies?

​(Just for the record, though, there's no difference in taste. They're exactly the same.)
                          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 09-08-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                            They're on store shelves right now, in the U.S. - maybe have a buddy mail you some cookies?

​(Just for the record, though, there's no difference in taste. They're exactly the same.)
                            Ammm I do have research collaborators in the US. Well, if they nagged me endlessly about sending them a lost key, I can neg them to send me Halloween special, perfectly the same but different colour oreos :P

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

• Spoilers for It Chapter Two.

While I largely enjoyed the movie, it does bother me that out of the four LGBT characters we see in the movie, two end up dead and two end up losing the one they love. Ben and Bev get together, Bill is presumably still married, but no LGBT character is in a romantic relationship at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                                Spoilers for It Chapter Two.

While I largely enjoyed the movie, it does bother me that out of the four LGBT characters we see in the movie, https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BuryYourGays"]two end up dead and two end up losing the one they love.[/URL] Ben and Bev get together, Bill is presumably still married, but no LGBT character is in a romantic relationship at the end.
                                I’m just going to say, fuck that scene at the beginning. It’s gratuitous and gross and entirely unnecessary to the rest of the film. I get that it’s there to show that It is back and it’s influence is making people act in horrible ways, but a.) this adaptation never makes that aspect of Its power over Derry explicit, and b.) if they wanted to demonstrate that, they could have done so in a less disgusting way.

One of a few major blemishes on an otherwise excellent movie.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
                                X