No announcement yet.

The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, rather tellingly, in the book, those assholes at least get arrested.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      Also, rather tellingly, in the book, those assholes at least get arrested.
      Yeah, I was hoping something would happen to follow up on that scene, but no. It’s briefly referred to one other time, and that’s all that ever comes of it. Ugh.

I loved the movie overall, which only makes this scene all the more frustrating.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Difference for Politics in Relationship, episode 2143 - We have coming General Election in Poland in one month. And are two weeks to our Equality March in my home Lublin, in what I help. I added on Facebook rainbow tick post about local 'rainbow voting' action ( see image below ), with my own, private comment:
        'I go for my partner - so that we can live together in this country like a normal couple, and not be excluded at every contact with it's institutions. I'm going for my nephews - of which one is also LGBT +, but I want each of them to live the way they want, and to end hatred in public.'

Got general likes on FB, etc. And then I got critique from my own life partner:

'You go for yourself. Don't give your words power to someone else. You are not going to save people or intelligently fight the oppressive system. You do it only for yourself. I don't know about the rest, but for me the March never did anything, after it it was no better and I did not feel the positives associated with the March itself. For me it's still Vanity Fair. And I don't like, at my own expense, I give my egoism and vanity some greater meaning.'

I tell you - I love him, we are almost 9 years together - but I say you - sometimes I want to end this. I can social fight government, workplace environment, even my own family. But his criticism for my activism - that is on day-to-day basis now - is just killing sense in me. I do all this for us, for my nephews - and whole LGBT+ community - but his takes are undercutting the branch we are sitting on. He just say all the time 'I do not get anything from your whole activism'.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-17-2019, 04:47 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• wyrdhamster have you asked him what he expects to get from your activism?

Are you on the square?
          Are you on the level?

Comment

• Important information - My partner is private English teacher in his small family home town, where he spends at least half a time each week, staying all time with his family, often all work days, going to me only on weekends and for his extramural studies in my 'big' city.

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
            wyrdhamster have you asked him what he expects to get from your activism?
            We argued about it a lot. In the end, he want me to stop activism. It's classical 'Why you need to go out and 'save' the community? We do not have anything from it.' I always told him that I was the first person that was having problem to get to his bed when he was unconscious in the hospital, about 6 years ago. He says it was he was beaten three in last decade ( all cannot be pointed as clearly homophobic / and we do not have any law for homophobic acts in Poland /, 'only' assault ).

He is hard example 'better to live in closet'. We are almost 9 years together and he still wants to live in hiding, like not talking with his boss about me, not going by hands on my city, etc.

I literally get yesterday from him texts like:
            'After the SECOND STUDIES, after 30 years of life, I want to finally get a SPECIAL and WELL-PAYED WORK. Reality is different. Poland is not England, and villages / towns / schools are generally not oases of tolerance. You have fun at my expense. I suspect you have not been attacked for a long time (I know, this broken bottle under your feet on the march almost killed you xDDD) and you are living in a Matrix. Where have you seen a teacher with a partner who is respected and maintains his position in Poland?' ( And it's more pleasant part of his texts. )
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-19-2019, 12:25 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• wyrdhamster
              Imo and this all based off what you have told me is perhaps he's afraid of the same violence befalling you only more so because you are an activist. The nail that sticks up gets hammered the most and he doesn't want to be the martyrs widow.

Are you on the square?
              Are you on the level?

Comment

• He never said this to me. And here is my photo, in contrast to other activists in our association on last meeting, against the backdrop of our Lublin Castle. I'm this 197cm ( 6′ 6″ ) high, circa 200 kg ( 100 lb. ) weight big Bear in glasses in the second row.

I can take care of myself on demonstrations. ( I go on various for 3 years now. ) I'm also the one of coordinators of Security Services of our March.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-19-2019, 02:59 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                X