Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Also, rather tellingly, in the book, those assholes at least get arrested.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      Also, rather tellingly, in the book, those assholes at least get arrested.
      Yeah, I was hoping something would happen to follow up on that scene, but no. It’s briefly referred to one other time, and that’s all that ever comes of it. Ugh.

      I loved the movie overall, which only makes this scene all the more frustrating.


      Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

      Comment


      • Difference for Politics in Relationship, episode 2143 - We have coming General Election in Poland in one month. And are two weeks to our Equality March in my home Lublin, in what I help. I added on Facebook rainbow tick post about local 'rainbow voting' action ( see image below ), with my own, private comment:
        'I go for my partner - so that we can live together in this country like a normal couple, and not be excluded at every contact with it's institutions. I'm going for my nephews - of which one is also LGBT +, but I want each of them to live the way they want, and to end hatred in public.'

        Got general likes on FB, etc. And then I got critique from my own life partner:

        'You go for yourself. Don't give your words power to someone else. You are not going to save people or intelligently fight the oppressive system. You do it only for yourself. I don't know about the rest, but for me the March never did anything, after it it was no better and I did not feel the positives associated with the March itself. For me it's still Vanity Fair. And I don't like, at my own expense, I give my egoism and vanity some greater meaning.'

        I tell you - I love him, we are almost 9 years together - but I say you - sometimes I want to end this. I can social fight government, workplace environment, even my own family. But his criticism for my activism - that is on day-to-day basis now - is just killing sense in me. I do all this for us, for my nephews - and whole LGBT+ community - but his takes are undercutting the branch we are sitting on. He just say all the time 'I do not get anything from your whole activism'.



        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-17-2019, 04:47 PM.


        My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

        Comment


        • wyrdhamster have you asked him what he expects to get from your activism?


          Are you on the square?
          Are you on the level?

          Comment


          • Important information - My partner is private English teacher in his small family home town, where he spends at least half a time each week, staying all time with his family, often all work days, going to me only on weekends and for his extramural studies in my 'big' city.

            Originally posted by Dwight View Post
            wyrdhamster have you asked him what he expects to get from your activism?
            We argued about it a lot. In the end, he want me to stop activism. It's classical 'Why you need to go out and 'save' the community? We do not have anything from it.' I always told him that I was the first person that was having problem to get to his bed when he was unconscious in the hospital, about 6 years ago. He says it was he was beaten three in last decade ( all cannot be pointed as clearly homophobic / and we do not have any law for homophobic acts in Poland /, 'only' assault ).

            He is hard example 'better to live in closet'. We are almost 9 years together and he still wants to live in hiding, like not talking with his boss about me, not going by hands on my city, etc.

            I literally get yesterday from him texts like:
            'After the SECOND STUDIES, after 30 years of life, I want to finally get a SPECIAL and WELL-PAYED WORK. Reality is different. Poland is not England, and villages / towns / schools are generally not oases of tolerance. You have fun at my expense. I suspect you have not been attacked for a long time (I know, this broken bottle under your feet on the march almost killed you xDDD) and you are living in a Matrix. Where have you seen a teacher with a partner who is respected and maintains his position in Poland?' ( And it's more pleasant part of his texts. )
            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-19-2019, 12:25 AM.


            My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

            Comment


            • wyrdhamster
              Imo and this all based off what you have told me is perhaps he's afraid of the same violence befalling you only more so because you are an activist. The nail that sticks up gets hammered the most and he doesn't want to be the martyrs widow.


              Are you on the square?
              Are you on the level?

              Comment


              • He never said this to me. And here is my photo, in contrast to other activists in our association on last meeting, against the backdrop of our Lublin Castle. I'm this 197cm ( 6′ 6″ ) high, circa 200 kg ( 100 lb. ) weight big Bear in glasses in the second row.

                I can take care of myself on demonstrations. ( I go on various for 3 years now. ) I'm also the one of coordinators of Security Services of our March.



                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-19-2019, 02:59 AM.


                My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
                LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

                Comment


                • Hmm, okay, so 10/11 is fast approaching, and not like it has to be that day, but the approach is giving me a ton of anxiety, along with all other sources, but its so on my mind in this.... 'season'

                  Um, so..., say you're born male, but, not for all time, but when your mind can really start to wrestle with such concepts, you wish you were born female at even a young age, and... (okay, so fuck 'your') I wish I was born female, but I'm okay with my body being male (I think) even as I wish and feel like I'm really female on the inside. I can be sort of male, but feel like I'm emotionally, nurturing, and sense-ability wise, female, aside from being so much culturally and hormonally male...

                  Can that legitimately be called Two-Spirit?

                  But the way I see two-spirit used, with a bit of research, seems to say it's Native American only

                  There's also genderfluid, but can you be genderfluid, but fixed? That is mixed gender qualities that don't change in their given spectrum?

                  Or is there a different definition for someone that is of a mixed, but unchanging non-physical gender mentality?
                  Last edited by Willowfang; 09-29-2019, 12:25 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                    Hmm, okay, so 10/11 is fast approaching, and not like it has to be that day, but the approach is giving me a ton of anxiety, along with all other sources, but its so on my mind in this.... 'season'

                    Um, so..., say you're born male, but, not for all time, but when your mind can really start to wrestle with such concepts, you wish you were born female at even a young age, and... (okay, so fuck 'your') I wish I was born female, but I'm okay with my body being male (I think) even as I wish and feel like I'm really female on the inside. I can be sort of male, but feel like I'm emotionally, nurturing, and sense-ability wise, female, aside from being so much culturally and hormonal male...

                    Can that be legitimately be called Two-Spirit?

                    But the way I see two-spirit used with a bit of research seems to say it's Native American only
                    I wouldn’t recommend calling yourself two-spirit if you aren’t Native American. It’s a complex concept with a lot of cultural importance, and claiming it without being part of the culture to whom it is important is pretty iffy.

                    Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                    There's also genderfluid, but can you be genderfluid, but fixed? That is mixed gender qualities that don't change in their given spectrum?
                    If the term resonates with you, then by all means, use it. Generally people who identify as genderfluid have pretty variable genders, but there’s no “your gender must be at least this dynamic to enter.”

                    Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                    Or is there a different definition for someone that is of a mixed, but unchanging non-physical gender mentality?
                    Genderqueer and non-binary are both excellent general terms.


                    Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

                    Comment


                    • I like non-binary

                      Thank you so much

                      So thinking of coming out to some online friends on 10/11 that I game with on FB play-by-post. I think with the way I act, especially in the last few months, would help make sense that I'm not just over reacting to things and that the way I act and am should make more sense. (Not that I'm trying to say all feminine people are overly emotional, but I sure am after a very toxic divorce and just not happy pretending to be a cis-male of some sort)

                      Background: I got married on 10/20/2012, and I don't think I should have, it was great at first, to have that 'best friend for life', and I did love being married except for that having to deal with another person part. (Not to be funny about it.) I think it was more just wanting to be around another woman. Because like Icarus, you do what you can to get as close as you can to the sun (not that that was his goal exactly, but the results were the same)

                      But the reality was of course very different from the "sexy-notion" that we get from society of marriage being an adult 'endgame' sort of goal for all humans.

                      So after all that noise, (@ 2 years 3 months ago), I kept examining how much I always play female characters in RPGs and how happy that made me and lately wondered if that could be under the '+' in LGBTQ+, but even if so, I felt that I would still be a real '+' that I fell under even if I had an RPG game '+' identity. Because like a year or two ago, I did roll up a male character, but never got to play him, which I think I'd glad about. But just seeing the picture I chose..., it's not triggering, but it was a very weird thing to look at and contemplate who he was and how I would play him

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                        I like non-binary

                        Thank you so much
                        You’re very welcome, happy to help.

                        Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                        So thinking of coming out to some online friends on 10/11 that I game with on FB play-by-post. I think with the way I act, especially in the last few months, would help make sense that I'm not just over reacting to things and that the way I act and am should make more sense. (Not that I'm trying to say all feminine people are overly emotional, but I sure am after a very toxic divorce and just not happy pretending to be a cis-male of some sort)
                        Definitely a good opportunity to do it, especially if being viewed by your gaming group as cis-male is causing you distress.

                        Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                        Background: I got married on 10/20/2012, and I don't think I should have, it was great at first, to have that 'best friend for life', and I did love being married except for that having to deal with another person part. (Not to be funny about it.) I think it was more just wanting to be around another woman. Because like Icarus, you do what you can to get as close as you can to the sun (not that that was his goal exactly, but the results were the same)

                        But the reality was of course very different from the "sexy-notion" that we get from society of marriage being an adult 'endgame' sort of goal for all humans.
                        That sucks, I’m sorry you both had to go through that.

                        Originally posted by Willowfang View Post
                        So after all that noise, (@ 2 years 3 months ago), I kept examining how much I always play female characters in RPGs and how happy that made me and lately wondered if that could be under the '+' in LGBTQ+, but even if so, I felt that I would still be a real '+' that I fell under even if I had an RPG game '+' identity. Because like a year or two ago, I did roll up a male character, but never got to play him, which I think I'd glad about. But just seeing the picture I chose..., it's not triggering, but it was a very weird thing to look at and contemplate who he was and how I would play him
                        That happens pretty often from what I’ve seen. Role playing is a really great way to experiment with one’s identity and has helped so many trans and non-binary folks realize and be comfortable with themselves.


                        Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

                        Comment


                        • Speaking for myself, I was okay with being male but wished I was female until I was female and then wanted that and only that.


                          Onyx Path Moderator
                          Forum Rules
                          This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
                          [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
                            Speaking for myself, I was okay with being male but wished I was female until I was female and then wanted that and only that.
                            This also happens a lot.


                            Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
                              Speaking for myself, I was okay with being male but wished I was female until I was female and then wanted that and only that.
                              Well that sparks the questions again.


                              Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                                Well that sparks the questions again.
                                We often don’t realize how awful our baseline actually is until we experience something better.


                                Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X