Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    How'd it go?
    Better than I'd hoped! This was phase one.

Time for phase two.

I'll elaborate MUCH more if all goes well. 🏳️*🌈

“Nobody is purely good or purely evil. Most of us are in-between. There are moths that explore the day and butterflies that play at night.”
    - Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute The Sun
    (She/Her)

Comment

• The Methodists are split enough over whether or not to be dickheads to LGBT+ people, enough such that it looks like a schism is coming.

Comment

• Yeah which is a real shame. I was raised United Methodist, and my experiences were nothing but positive. Of course near as I can tell, the bulk of the United Methodists are, like a most other non Evangelicals, pretty LGBTQ accepting. But certain chickens have come home to roost. The United Methodists were big on the Missionary work, and while I do not have a high opinion of Missionary work myself, their actually helping to build up churches and improve situations not just convert meant that American United Methodists had built up a lot in Africa and Southern Asia. And a lot of that is where a lot of the negativity are coming from, which is why the plan (which was not voted on and won't be till May) is for Churches in the USA to default to being in the LGBTQ friendly branch unless they secede to join either the International branch or stay independent or join a more conservative branch that split off decades ago, while outside the USA churches default to being in the bigoted version.I am not saying all American Methodists are friendly to LGBTQs, but a number were, and clashes with the official docturine were becoming more and more frequent and, frankly, it was getting hard to enforce in the USA.

Hope that is useful for shedding light

Onyx Path Moderator
        Forum Rules
        This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
        [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• My partner on his pedagogical studies had to make Kahoot - interactive quiz for few people at once - so I made this one on LGBT+ minorities to test platform. Happy answering it with friends.
          https://create.kahoot.it/details/lgb...1-bf4db52f495b
          Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-18-2020, 01:04 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Beating my head against a wall on another forum with someone who can't imagine queer narratives other than those of oppression, discomfort, confusion, and rejection, who has now derailed into a bizarre tangent about how queer people make for poor romantic partners on the evidence of two trans men his partner sort-of knows going through breakups, both of whom he's never met and refuses to gender correctly.

I don't know why we bother trying to coexist with cis folks sometimes.

Remi. she/her. game designer.

Comment

• Because most cis people are not assholes. In my real life day to day, I only really coexist with cis people 99% of the time. My online experience varies but I prefer mixed spaces.

Sorry this guy was an asshole though. Sounds like an utter twit.

Onyx Path Moderator
              Forum Rules
              [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• There is in internetz great guide to writing about trans people.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Sooo, got today sick day after very hot two months project in my life - and wanted to talk to you about our new, greatest problem in Poland...

LGBT-free zones

Yes, you read it correctly. Our regions and communes parliaments declared now 1/3 of the country places 'free of LGBT ideology', my home town included. Yes, it is very similar to the Nazis' announcing 'Jewish free' cities in the 1930s Germany. It started over half a year ago in my Voievodship (USA State equivalent). Our local activists leader - Bart Staszewski - photographed people from those communes on the sign that those law point they are excluded from those communities. European Parliament took the position that practices such as our local authorities do - are to be banned. Linked above english Wikipedia page about this cursed phenomena points it's largest LGBT+ problem in Poland - and even Europe - in years.
                  Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-28-2020, 03:09 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Oh my god, that’s horrible!

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Thank you for telling us about this. I'm sorry you have to live through it.

Comment

• Yeah I have been keeping an eye on the "LGBT Free Zones" and it is fucking monstrous. I am so sorry your hometown is part of it.

Wasn't the EU making noise about it, or is it empty threats?

Onyx Path Moderator
                        Forum Rules

Comment

• Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
                          Wasn't the EU making noise about it, or is it empty threats?
                          The resolution that was passed condemned it heavily, but the only consequence mentioned/implied was that any EU funding that goes towards organisations that condone discrimination may be withheld.
                          EU has many resolutions and charters regarding discrimination against LGBTI people (the acronym EU uses) but I honestly don't know if they're enforceable or just goals/suggestions. If the former, Poland could be judged to break EU laws and be fined for it. I haven't heard anything about this being considered, but I'm not completely up to date with the whole situation.

Another possibility is technically Article 7 of the Lisbon Treaty, but it's a long process with several steps, and before any rights within the EU can be withheld, a unanimous vote (excluding the subject member nation) is required, meaning it's practically impossible. Poland is already subject to Article 7 due to removing the separation of the judicial and executive branches, but I don't think anything concrete has resulted from that.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• To give answer on 'how possible EU can influence polish government on LGBT free zones' we must go deeper, into judiciary system of EU and Poland. EU Parliament passed Resolution on matter - it's not really the binding law, with fines and similar repercussions, it's official EU stance on subject. In other words, EU is urging Poland to do something with it. But it's not having any, real repercussions to our government. ( Beside bad press and PR in Europe. )

Especially, as our government is already in judiciary conflict with EU. PiS ruling party is making Courts Deforms - chain of changes that lead to politicization of judges and courts in country. And they are directly opposing EU stance on those unlawful changes. What's rights of some small minority like LGBT+ where whole judiciary system is frighted over with EU by our rulers?

Poland will quickly be kick-out from EU by breaking Article 7 from their 'deforms' of judiciary system, than from 'LGBT free zones'. Second just nicely points out that without independent judges, our human rights will be stomped over. This is why I support local campaign and demonstrations series under #FreeCourts ( #WolneSądy ).

LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Your Holigays Calendar for 2020
                              (Note: These are dates relevant to myself or my partners. There are more I am just sharing my list)

March 31st Transgender Day of Visibility
                              April 26th Lesbian Day of Visibility
                              May 17th International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia
                              May 24th Pan Visibility Day
                              June 2rd Lesbian Pride Day
                              June 3rd Bisexual Pride Day
                              June 5th Pansexual Pride Day
                              June 13th Transgender Female Pride Day
                              September 23rdCelebrate Bisexuality Day
                              October 8th International Lesbian Day
                              October 11th National Coming Out Day
                              October 15th Spirit Day* (Wear Purple to support LGBTQ Youth)
                              November 1st Trans Parent Day* (For Transgender Parents and their kids, and/or Transgender Kids and their Parents)
                              November 20th Transgender Day of Remembrance
                              December 8th Pan Pride Day

Days "Of Interest" To Goths and/or Gamers and/or Kinksters and/or other types, but are not LGBTQ
                              January 17th International Fetish Day* (Wear Purple if you like Kink)
                              March 4th International GM’s Day
                              March 8th International Women’s Day
                              April 9th Riot Grrrl Day
                              April 25th International Table Top Gaming Day*
                              May 22nd World Goth Day
                              June 11th Polyamory Pride Day
                              July 24th World BDSM Day (24/7)
                              August 24th Sophie Lancaster Memorial Day
                              August 26th Women’s Equality Day – Women’s Rights Day
                              October 13th Goth Chick Appreciation Day
                              October 31st Halloween
                              November 23rd National Polyamory Day
                              December 5th Krampusnatcht

*dates move, these are the 2020 Dates

Again, far from complete, but hopefully this will give you a bunch of stuff relevant to you to mark on your calendar. Others can add relevant ones not on my list. I will try to do this every year...hopefully in January next time.
                              Last edited by Baroness Nerak; 02-03-2020, 06:21 AM.

Onyx Path Moderator
                              Forum Rules

Comment

• Looks like South Dakota’s wanting to make their state very uncomfortable for LGBT people.

Their HB-1057 prevents doctors from helping trans teens in the process of transitioning. HB-1162, on the other hand, limits access to sex education, making it both abstinence-only and opt-in. They passed a law prohibiting passing laws prohibiting LGBT discrimination or conversion therapy; and one that forces the state not to recognize the notion of being a gender different from the one assigned at birth. It also seems trying to challenge gay marriage in the hopes of bringing it back up for the now-majority-conservative Supreme Court.
                                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-07-2020, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X