No announcement yet.

The LGBT Thread II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got news that our far right orgs in Poland want a law for total ban of Pride Parades and Equality Marches in country! They started today campaign for it. People are saying chances for it to pass are low - but even start of this campaign is moving. And making me ssssooooo mad! 😤

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• US County passed 'LGBT free zone' law, similar to those in Poland. Sorry USA community that your right took inspiration from our right. 😔 https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...gbt-free-zone/

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        US County passed 'LGBT free zone' law, similar to those in Poland. Sorry USA community that your right took inspiration from our right. 😔 https://www.gaystarnews.com/article/...gbt-free-zone/
        Not quite - as you can see, it's actually been up since 1996, but even though the council didn't vote it down this week, they could vote on it again and shoot it down in two weeks. Or put it on the ballot and let the community vote on the matter in November.
        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 03-06-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Oh, look, Brigham Young “University” recently seemed to have rescinded its anti-LGBT policy… and then “clarified” that they weren’t rescinding anything.

Comment

• News from Poland - We are LAST in European Union on the LGBT+ rights and protection

Also, in latest movie about pedophilia in polish Catholic Church there is implication that 'lavender mafia of homosexuals are covering pedophiles in it's ranks'.

LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• It's pretty damn hypocritical for the Catholic Church to accuse anyone else of hiding pedophiles.

Comment

• The Catholic Church wasn't saying anything. The movie is about how the Catholic Church was engaged in widespread pedophilia and worked to cover it up, which would be pretty okay. However, the movie also conflates simply being gay with being a pedophile (suggesting anyone who is gay is also a pedophile) as well as implying that secular pro-gay organizations were working in conjunction with pedophiles in the Catholic Church, trafficking minors and that sort of thing (somewhat akin to the Pizzagate conspiracy theory in the US).

Comment

• Ah, misread. Yeah, conflating homosexuality and pedophilia (and vice-versa) is one of those things that never makes sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    Ah, misread. Yeah, conflating homosexuality and pedophilia (and vice-versa) is one of those things that never makes sense to me.
                    Staying real world here, there is not much reason for conflation. Some people assume the LGBTQ+ umbrella applies to any sexuality or desires beyond heterosexuals. The thing is, while homosexuality or bisexuality is as natural as heterosexuality, LGBTQ+ and its myriad other versions is a human institution, with it's own culture and decisions made about who falls under the umbrella. There is no leader, so one must go with consensus. Consensus very much says pedophiles and zoophiles are not part of the umbrella, nor celebrated at pride, yadda yadda yadda. This is not arbitrary but has to do with consent. Children and animals cannot consent, and consent culture is very important in the LGBTQ+ movement.

Historically, in like the 70s, there was some push for pedophiles to be allowed under the umbrella. Alan Ginsberg joined NAMBLA as a sign of unity, for example. But despite attempts, it did not pan out. Sex with kids is bad, consent cannot happen, it has never been part of the mainstream movement. Note those conflating this with very few exceptions have no idea the attempt was made. They don't know queer history, and only know NAMBLA from South Park.

While an uniformed glace could suggest since a number of boys get abused, there are a lot of gay pedophiles, research does not bear this out; these people have no interest in adult men, and if they like adults at all, tend to like adult women. But Science is not the Homophobe or Transphobe's strong suit as a whole. Science also suggests that pedophilia is not a natural inclination but a result of environment more than most LGBTQ+ orientations are. But it is extremely difficult to have an actual ethical study, so that is theoretical.

It's telling how they don't see why pedophilia or zoophilia would not be covered. Considering the importance of consent, and "between consenting adults" in Queer culture, the fact they don't even see that as a thing says more about them than us.

TL;DR: They conflate pedophilia with homosexuality because they do not understand science, and apparently consent is not so relevant a thing to them...they see pairings as one partner desiring another and likely don't put themselves in the place of both partners. It's a very patriarchal view of the situation, with LGBTQ+ people breaking the rules of who men are allowed to desire. It says more about them than us.

Onyx Path Moderator
                    Forum Rules
                    This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
                    [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• Originally posted by Baroness Nerak View Post
                      TL;DR: They conflate pedophilia with homosexuality because they do not understand science, and apparently consent is not so relevant a thing to them...they see pairings as one partner desiring another and likely don't put themselves in the place of both partners. It's a very patriarchal view of the situation, with LGBTQ+ people breaking the rules of who men are allowed to desire. It says more about them than us.
                      This is no surprise, since the extreme right wants to allow rape on their partners as normal situations. Conservatives have always been recognized that sex is 'something one side DOES to the other' - not acting with mutual consent, like social left seeing whole sex concept.
                      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-25-2020, 03:41 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Looks like the bog denizens of the Internet’s asshole are coordinating a series of harassment campaigns against the social media accounts of LGBT people for Pride Month.

Because I guess they think LGBT people aren’t under enough stress already.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          Looks like the bog denizens of the Internet’s asshole are coordinating a series of harassment campaigns against the social media accounts of LGBT people for Pride Month.

Because I guess they think LGBT people aren’t under enough stress already.
                          Kicking while people are down is typical.

Onyx Path Moderator
                          Forum Rules
                          This is my mod voice. This is my goth voice.
                          [Geist: Balance of Shadows ][ Vampire: The Conspiracy of Hrad Černá Hora ][ Scion: Bohemian Front][Changeling: Malibu Dream House] [Demon: Night Train Detective Agency] [WoD: The Golden Eagle]

Comment

• In lighter news, in a rare double whammy of good news for trans people, France has just elected its first transgender mayor, and put a halt to its policy of mandatory sterilizing on trans people.

​Some time back, Sweden began to offer financial compensation for trans individuals who had been sterilized by their government; hopefully France soon follows suit.
                            Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 05-26-2020, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Pride Month in Poland - Polish President vows to 'protect the family' if reelected - 'Family Card' he want to sign is de facto stating ban on 'homosexual propaganda', similar to that is in Russia from 2013 year! 'Polish President Andrzej Duda signed a programme document called the “Family Card” on Wednesday. It includes guarantees of pro-family benefits and entries protecting the institution of the marriage.' Election is on end of June, start of July.

I said to my partner and family that if Duda wins, I migrate, most surely to Scotland. ( See below why. ) If Duda lose to candidate of oppositions wins - I still probably go. With or without my partner even. I have f#$%ing enough of everything that is in Poland in my homeland! This country need at least 10 more years to become civilized to have Civil Partnerships - and it's assumed that ruling quasi-fasists PiS party will be removed from power. Which does not seem to be plausible.

I want to live in free Europe, see part of the world, be treated like normal human being - and start normal family. I do not want to live in quasi-Russian satellite state that Poland becomes.

LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

• Why I most likely move to Scotland - Scotland to become first nation in the world to put LGBTQ history on curriculum

'Every year June is marked as Pride month across the world - millions take part in the celebrations, which usually involves musical performances and special events, along with marches in cities such as here in Edinburgh. Due to the pandemic things will be looking a little bit different this year - but there's still good news out there.

Next year Scotland will become the first nation IN THE WORLD to teach LGBTQ history in schools.

In November 2018, Scottish Ministers accepted in full the recommendations to deliver LGBT inclusive education across the curriculum to improve the learning environments of all children and young people.'
                                ( And I'm Britophile. And I have colleague in Edinburgh. )

LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X