X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baroness Nerak
    started a topic The LGBT Thread II

The LGBT Thread II

The other thread went south, so we needed a fresh start. So this thread is for the queer community to chat and support each other, much like the last. It is not only for them, of course.

A couple notes:

Questioning people's gender or sexuality is not okay. Conflating groups with posters here (which include every element of the "alphabet") of being child predators is not okay. The Mods are not in a good mood about this at the moment as it is a civil rights flashpoint at the time of this writing. You are advised to be circumspect in any critical posting of groups that post here. We are not lying in wait, but for a number of us this is our life.

With that out of the way please by all means post.

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Because of rainbow Virgin Mary on my FB profile pic now, I was asked by one of my cousins to 'paint with colors you faces and asses, you Burning Bags'.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-07-2019, 11:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Baroness Nerak
    replied
    Yeah they really want to make it choosing between Religion and living your authentic self. I absolutely support showing that to be a lie. Sorry about them being a pain in the ass.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    So I did not wrote in topic for a bit time? Polish government get's us next (not)great topic to talk about and use avatars on Facebook for. Week without PiS government fighting with LGBT+ in Poland, is a week wasted.

Woman arrested in Poland over posters of Virgin Mary with rainbow halo

' A woman has been arrested on suspicion of offending religious sentiment, after posters bearing an image of the Virgin Mary with her halo painted in the colours of the rainbow flag appeared in the city of Płock in central Poland.
    The Polish interior minister, Joachim Brudziński, announced on Twitter on Monday that a person had been arrested for “carrying out a profanation of the Virgin Mary of Częstochowa”.

A Płock police spokeswoman confirmed a 51-year-old woman had been arrested over the alleged offence. The woman had been abroad, but upon her return, the police entered and searched her home, where they found several dozen images of the Virgin Mary with the rainbow-coloured halo.

The “Black Madonna of Częstochowa” is a revered Byzantine icon that resides in the monastery of Jasna Góra, a UN world heritage site and Poland’s holiest Catholic shrine.

Offending religious feeling is a crime under the Polish penal code. If convicted, the woman could face a prison sentence of up to two years.
    Brudziński, who described the posters as “cultural barbarism” when they appeared overnight in April, said: “Telling stories about freedom and ‘tolerance’ doesn’t give anyone the right to offend the feelings of believers.”

Poland’s ruling rightwing Law and Justice party (PiS) has sought to mobilise its core electorate in the run-up to the European elections by raising the spectre of the country being overwhelmed by western liberal social values.

“We are dealing with a direct attack on the family and children – the sexualization of children, that entire LBGT movement, gender,” said the PiS leader, Jarosław Kaczyński, speaking to supporters last month. “This is imported, but they today actually threaten our identity, our nation, its continuation and therefore the Polish state.”'

I help with our local LGBT+ Christians group - this whole fight is hurting me twice.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-06-2019, 04:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Have y'all seen the new She-Ra and the Princesses of Power?

Leave a comment:

• Baroness Nerak
    replied
    Happy International Lesbian Visibility day to all my fellow Lesbians.

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    Fuck TERFs.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    For anyone interested in what exactly is now is happening in Poland, Forbes made article in English to sum-up situation in country. Some quotes from it - the article is much longer on itself, so I advise to read it.

PiS Picks LGBT Battleground In Poland
    'Tomasz Basiuk, a lecturer at the Polish Association for American Studies in Warsaw, spoke with Forbes about why Poland's ruling party, Law and Justice (PiS), is placing LGBT issues in the forefront of its election campaign ahead of European and national elections in 2019.

PiS recently condemned a school sex education program planned in Warsaw ( capitol of Poland ) designed to teach pupils about sexual orientation, discrimination and reproductive health, according to standards set by the World Health Organization. The party wants to keep sex education mainly in the hands of parents, instead of schools or non-government organizations. It is also against abortion, as well as IVF treatment.

The PiS approach comes as the opposition coalition is developing a platform ahead of elections later this year. Polls show PiS neck-and-neck with a new pro-EU group called the European Coalition. In third place is the left-wing Spring party run by Robert Biedron (pictured in article).

Pawel Rabiej, a gay deputy president of Warsaw, has backed giving adoption rights to same-sex couples, while Biedron is demanding the Polish government and president to recognize LGBT+ equality, including same-sex marriage.

Biedron, a long-time LGBT+ campaigner who became Poland’s first openly gay MP in 2011 and the first openly gay mayor in 2014, has outlined five demands for LGBT+ equality: the introduction of civil partnerships, guarantee of marriage equality, protection against hate speech and criminal liability for perpetrators, LGBT+ inclusive education and a gender recognition act.

The backlash
    Kaczynski, the most powerful man in Poland ( leader of PiS party ), has in turn made the issue a key component of the election campaign.

“Hands off our children,” Kaczynski demanded at his party’s convention recently.

“The whole social mechanism of preparing a young person, first a child and then a youth, for future roles as women and men, to start a family, for the role of mother and father, is being questioned. It could be destroyed,” Kaczynski said, adding Poles must “continue this attack on families, on children.”

Krystyna Pawłowicz, an outspoken PiS MP, tweeted: “We MUST WIN this culture war.”

The Church split
    The country’s powerful Catholic Church also criticized the Warsaw initiative. A bishops’ letter expressed “deep concern” over the WHO guidelines. “The declaration contradicts the constitutional right of parents to raise their children according to their own belief,” the bishops wrote.

The Polish church is caught up in an ongoing scandal involving clergy allegedly sexually molesting children following the publication of a report into abuse cases.

Polish bishops said in a statement that the program would undermine democracy by limiting parental rights and eroding free speech. A PiS campaign ad ahead of the European Parliament elections shows an umbrella with the party logo shielding a family from the rainbow of gay pride.'

Local news
    On my home city Lublin, today councilman from PiS wanted to declare 'Lublin free from LGBT+ ideology' by voting on city council. He lost voting by European Coalition supporters in council - but the same voting are in rest of our 'state' ( called Voivodship ) and PiS is winning them in smaller towns. It really is mass action in our Voivodship.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-28-2019, 05:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Thanks everyone. And yeah I always appreciated sexuality as a sliding scale (or fluid) but it was easy to fall into a trap of thinking if you end up going one way you're that way, even if desires were still there. I try to be open minded about other things but if I'm being entirely honest I had a hard time believing in the idea of asexual people until this thread and a little follow up. It's really easy to make judgments based on one's own experiences, I guess.

Thank you, again.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    nofather, see Kinsay Scale, that says basics of modern sexual orientation topic. Basics is that only very small percentage of population is on extremes ( i. e. 0 - full hetero or 6 - full homo) Rest is somewhere in the middle, one Scale. Here it is:

​I will tell a story from my perspective. From teenage years ( circa 12 years old ) I was thinking I was gay. Like, gay-gay. But then I was starting to have romances with girls ( like 6 or 7 ). Still, was more interested in man than woman. However, in 19 years old I got a stable girlfriend, that I really loved. We ended this relationship when I was 22-23 years old. At age of 24, I got my now male partner. Then got my coming out and was thinking I was more like 4 on Kinsey Scale then. Now, after 8 years in same sex relationship, I feel I'm more like 5 on Scale. I still thinking of myself as at least a bit bisexual - on last Spring Party convention I was I was seeing this very sexy girl I looked around for...
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-27-2019, 01:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    Anyone know a good guide to understanding bisexuality? I hear a lot of things, notably that it's just temporary, experimental, but that doesn't seem to be quite right, compared to your options dwindling if you enter into a sexually monogamous relationship.
    These are negative stereotypes that bisexual people often have to deal with, and a major contributors to bi erasure - the act of de-legitimizing bisexual identity by treating it as not a real identity of its own, but a phase some people go through before deciding what they really are. It’s usually not done maliciously, but it is very harmful to bisexual people nonetheless.

Now, there are certainly people who experiment with their sexuality before eventually deciding that sex and/or relationships with people of a certain gender isn’t for them. It’s absolutely normal for gay men, lesbian women, and straight women to identify as bi for a time before deciding that it isn’t right for them and adopting a new identity. It’s less common with straight men due to straight male culture being generally pretty hostile towards any kind of sexual experimentation, but it does happen and it is perfectly normal too. But some people get it in their heads that all bisexual people are just experimenting, and that is absolutely not the case.

Leave a comment:

• Baroness Nerak
    replied
    I don't have immediate access to a guide, but I can help a bit. Bisexuality is not usually temporarily. Some people think such because of a) Bicuriosity (some people get curious but don't really feel like it is for them) Comphet (Gays or Lesbians who were brainwashed into thinking they were straight, then bi) and then basically sometimes sexuality changes, but Bisexuality is not more fluid then being straight, gay, or lesbian. My wife has been bi for her entire life and she is in her late 30s.

Remember that bisexuals are not necessarily equally attracted to every gender, and bisexuals are valid regardless of being in a monogamous relationship.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Anyone know a good guide to understanding bisexuality? I hear a lot of things, notably that it's just temporary, experimental, but that doesn't seem to be quite right, compared to your options dwindling if you enter into a sexually monogamous relationship.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    I help in local non-official LGBT+ support and activists group 'Rainbow Lublin'. Next month we will help with first local LGBT+ Film Festival, two weeks later on memorial on LGBT+ prisoners in local Nazi maintained concentration camp. And I help to create and gather local LGBT+ Christians group - 'Faith & Rainbow' - as weird as it sounds to look from me.

Leave a comment:

• AzraelFirestorm
    replied
    Still a lesbian. I'm thinking I'll stick with it for, I dunno, forever? Forever gay sounds nice. Yeah.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X