X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baroness Nerak
    started a topic The LGBT Thread II

The LGBT Thread II

The other thread went south, so we needed a fresh start. So this thread is for the queer community to chat and support each other, much like the last. It is not only for them, of course.

A couple notes:

Questioning people's gender or sexuality is not okay. Conflating groups with posters here (which include every element of the "alphabet") of being child predators is not okay. The Mods are not in a good mood about this at the moment as it is a civil rights flashpoint at the time of this writing. You are advised to be circumspect in any critical posting of groups that post here. We are not lying in wait, but for a number of us this is our life.

With that out of the way please by all means post.

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Been on today demonstration against our President Duda with my RPG buddy and his girlfriend. ( It was their first ever demonstration! ) We were standing mostly in silence with rainbow flag. There were about 100 other rainbow people with polish text translated as 'We Are People, Not Ideology'. Duda supporters were like 6:1 to us. Few times Presidents fans come to us and told us we are not Poles if we stand with rainbow flag. But the pictures of Duda with those rainbow tablets come to our national ( or rather, PiS party ) television. Here is my photo with buddies girlfriend and with tablet in my hand.

Last edited by wyrdhamster; 06-15-2020, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    A rare ray of sunshine in our current stormscape, the Supreme Court just ruled that federal law bars discrimination against LGBT+ people in a 6-3 decision. Only Alito, Thomas, and Kavanaugh dissent.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Please stay safe.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    News from Poland...
    Polish President and deputies from his ruling party PiS are saying 'LGBT are not people' or 'LGBT are worse kind than normal people'

1/3rd of country is under 'LGBT free zones' laws. I live in 1930s Germany, only called Poland, for f$%# sake! 🤬

President Duda is coming tomorrow to our city of Lublin - we organize rainbow protest to show that 'LGBT+ ARE People'! 🌈

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Mars, the company that owns the Skittles brand, is “participating” in Pride month with bags of de-colorized Skittles.

Mars, if you want to play at being an ally, that’s cool. But unless you stand up to the tyrants stealing away the rights of trans people, the gesture is meaningless.

Keep in mind, Trump eats Starburst candy, which Mars also owns. (He doesn’t like certain colors, a fact that should surprise no one.) It would not be hard to send him a message.

Either through action or inaction, Mars, show us your true colors.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 06-14-2020, 06:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
    Are you talking about Nico Di Angelo? I guess?
    Just double-checked. Yeah, Nico's the one.

But the author got better in later series and had more diversity built into his later books.
    Good to know.

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Didn't it take him, like, eight books to have a character come out as gay, without using the word "gay?"

what? Are you talking about Nico Di Angelo? I guess? But the author got better in later series and had more diversity built into his later books.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    The later Rick Riordan stuff.
    Didn't it take him, like, eight books to have a character come out as gay, without using the word "gay?"

Leave a comment:

• Master Aquatosic
    replied
    Now that JKR’s gone public with her TERFiness, does anyone have any suggestions for modern children’s/YA fantasy fiction that’s authored by someone willing to treat LGBT people like their very existence is legitimate and not necessarily an adult subject?

The later Rick Riordan stuff. Captain Underpants oddly if you count superhero wackiness as fantasy despite trappings of scifi

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Now that JKR’s gone public with her TERFiness, does anyone have any suggestions for modern children’s/YA fantasy fiction that’s authored by someone willing to treat LGBT people like their very existence is legitimate and not necessarily an adult subject?

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Why I most likely move to Scotland - Scotland to become first nation in the world to put LGBTQ history on curriculum

'Every year June is marked as Pride month across the world - millions take part in the celebrations, which usually involves musical performances and special events, along with marches in cities such as here in Edinburgh. Due to the pandemic things will be looking a little bit different this year - but there's still good news out there.

Next year Scotland will become the first nation IN THE WORLD to teach LGBTQ history in schools.

In November 2018, Scottish Ministers accepted in full the recommendations to deliver LGBT inclusive education across the curriculum to improve the learning environments of all children and young people.'
    ( And I'm Britophile. And I have colleague in Edinburgh. )

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Pride Month in Poland - Polish President vows to 'protect the family' if reelected - 'Family Card' he want to sign is de facto stating ban on 'homosexual propaganda', similar to that is in Russia from 2013 year! 'Polish President Andrzej Duda signed a programme document called the “Family Card” on Wednesday. It includes guarantees of pro-family benefits and entries protecting the institution of the marriage.' Election is on end of June, start of July.

I said to my partner and family that if Duda wins, I migrate, most surely to Scotland. ( See below why. ) If Duda lose to candidate of oppositions wins - I still probably go. With or without my partner even. I have f#$%ing enough of everything that is in Poland in my homeland! This country need at least 10 more years to become civilized to have Civil Partnerships - and it's assumed that ruling quasi-fasists PiS party will be removed from power. Which does not seem to be plausible.

I want to live in free Europe, see part of the world, be treated like normal human being - and start normal family. I do not want to live in quasi-Russian satellite state that Poland becomes.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    In lighter news, in a rare double whammy of good news for trans people, France has just elected its first transgender mayor, and put a halt to its policy of mandatory sterilizing on trans people.

​Some time back, Sweden began to offer financial compensation for trans individuals who had been sterilized by their government; hopefully France soon follows suit.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 05-26-2020, 02:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Baroness Nerak
    replied
    Looks like the bog denizens of the Internet’s asshole are coordinating a series of harassment campaigns against the social media accounts of LGBT people for Pride Month.

Because I guess they think LGBT people aren’t under enough stress already.
    Kicking while people are down is typical.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X