The Furry Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

The attack helicopter meme has been appropriated by transphobic asshats. Also, I know some lovely otherkin; just think of it as a new age religion and it makes a lot more sense.

Ehhh, calling it a religion might be bit of a stretch (Ironic, seeing as I tried to start up a full blown cult in highschool). But I can see it having elements of spiritualism to it. Still, I think a large part of the hate directed towards Otherkin stems from people seeing it as taking the fantasy a little bit too far. It's one thing to draw comics or write stories about you being turned into an anthropomorphic squirrel. It's something else completely to go around insisting that you are a squirrel in a man's body!

This point of view isn't limited to just the Otherkin, though. Fur suiting is very popular in the furry community, and yet there are still those who consider the hobby to be a little bit on the creepy side. When you realize that most fur suiters design their own costumes and often spend thousands of dollars in order to do so, you can see why some people might have mixed feelings about it.

Personally, I don't have a problem with either one of them. Given my current view of humanity in general, I'm not completely sure if I might be Otherkin or not. But whatever the situation, as long as the person in question isn't being obnoxious about it, I say just let them be who they want.

Last edited by Nyrufa; 01-13-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

My new forum avatar is basically my male side's fursona. The only idealized part is me being able to afford a current console.

here is a close up

I have a whole bunch of other art from the same artist

Like this Neanderthal cave werewolf (I like to think of him as my male fursona's prehistoric ancestor)

My female side's fursona is here as a 50s housewife (which I have love for the aesthetics of when in female mode)

My latest drawing I got from him is this 80s corporate jerk werewolf

Last edited by The young man in the cafe; 01-13-2018, 04:52 PM.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

I don't think that deer is going to fit.

Better get the bone saw!

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
          I don't think that deer is going to fit.

Better get the bone saw!
          Every werewolf needs to have one of those in the kitchen.

And here is a drawing of a werewolf barista dealing with idiot customers at Snarlbucks drawn by the same artist as the others (Snarlbucks being the idea of a different artist named Teknicolor tiger)

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Oh by the way, if you guys haven't read the Subject 9 webcomic, I highly recommend checking it out.

I don't know who the artist is (even though the artwork looks very familiar), but it was uploaded to youtube as a motion animated comic.

This link contains all 31 episodes.

Comment

Working...
            X