Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is John Wick in the same Universe as Jack Reacher ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is John Wick in the same Universe as Jack Reacher ?

I just got done watching the John Wick, Jack Reacher and Sleepless trailers. After watching on them I could not help but feel like they are exist in the same universe. It would be interesting with all the universe building movie studios are doing lately that they would just create an action movie universe with john wick and a few other big action stars.

Also looking at it I think John Wicks world really looks like it could fit into the world of darkness

I hope not, the Jack Reacher novels are a prime example of a Gary Stu type character.

Comment

I for one, have been jonesing for a mashup of Jack reacher, Bourne, Bond, and Jerremy Reiner's character from the Bourne legacy..

Comment

Plot twist: John Wick IS Jack Reacher.

Comment

I like the Reacher books, but I take them about as seriously as I do the Destroyer or Mack Bolan books I've read. Or most of the comic books Warren Ellis used to write.

Personally, I'm holding out for the epic Equalizer/Taken/John Wick/Transporter/Die Hard crossover trilogy.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
          Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

We do know that John Wick takes place in the Payday universe, which also contains Bodhi, who managed to survive the ending of Point Break and has alternate versions of Tony Montona and Jacket from Hotline Miami. So why not Jack Reacher.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

John Wick takes place in a universe that deliberately eschews any pretense of being realistic. Its basically a WoD game. By contrast the Jack Reacher movies keep bending over backwards to try and make us believe they're plausible, which makes them unintentionally hilarious. Basically, John Wick doesn't take itself seriously while Jack Reacher tries to play itself painfully straight. These two universes don't really line up that well.

Comment

On a semi-related note; the movie Knock Knock, in addition to being a great example of two Charmers,
                even though they don't kill the guy
                it's also got an alternate ending that reiterates John Wick's message:
                YOU DON'T FUCK WITH KEANU'S DOG!

"A free society is one in which it is safe to be unpopular."
                I find Nick Spencer and Richard Spencer to be equally repulsive.

Comment

Working...
                X