Everyone go watch Black Mirror

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hm8453a View Post

Not as I recall, and I've seen it close to fifteen times, no hyperbole.
    It's a good feeling ain't it? To love a show that much 😁. Im like that with something too. But yes there is much social pressure to buy stuff and watch stuff even if we don't need it.

Comment

Lawyers call eleven year old gang-rape survivors spiders luring men to their webs.
      As a lawyer, I'd like a citation on this one, primarily for my curiosity.

Otherwise, I'd like to note that lawyers have a duty towards their clients and a lawyer that refuses a client will swiftly find himself with a severe case of "no money", which is why lawyers tend to be stereotyped as vicious attack dogs of the hyperrich who will say anything to win a case.

Which is rather sad, because a lot of us simply want to see justice be done and have a rather large fondness for the law and it's permutations.

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Comment

Originally posted by ManusDomine View Post

Otherwise, I'd like to note that lawyers have a duty towards their clients and a lawyer that refuses a client will swiftly find himself with a severe case of "no money", which is why lawyers tend to be stereotyped as vicious attack dogs of the hyperrich who will say anything to win a case.

Which is rather sad, because a lot of us simply want to see justice be done and have a rather large fondness for the law and it's permutations.
        Presumably this case, which ironically has the prosecutors referring to the defendants as a pack of dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by ManusDomine View Post

Nofather gave you the link.

And I do, of course, know that lawyers have duties to their clients, and that everyone's entitled to a defense in this country, and yadda yadda yadda. My father is an attorney as well, and I worked in his office for eight years.

That all seems wholly irrelevant to and separate from an instance where a lawyer called an eleven year old girl a spider luring men to her web. I feel like Lydia Maria Child over here, being told by the governor she is constitutionally permitted to visit John Brown in jail.

Yes, thank you.

Hayley Margules, historian and Onyx Path writer
          Chronicles of Darkness: Dark Eras and Companion, Beast: The Primordial Ready-Made Characters, and Dark Ages: Tome of Secrets

Comment

Nofather gave you the link.

And I do, of course, know that lawyers have duties to their clients, and that everyone's entitled to a defense in this country, and yadda yadda yadda. My father is an attorney as well, and I worked in his office for eight years.
            I primarily mentioned this to mitigate lawyer hate. But since your father works as an attorney, I can see that won't be necessary.

That all seems wholly irrelevant to and separate from an instance where a lawyer called an eleven year old girl a spider luring men to her web. I feel like Lydia Maria Child over here, being told by the governor she is constitutionally permitted to visit John Brown in jail.

Yes, thank you.
            Ah yes, that thing would never fly where I live. I have nothing but disgust and cold hatred for lawyers who act like that, both the defense and the prosecution.

Where I live, calling someone a "pack of dogs" or a "spider luring men into her web"(especially that one), would lead to scorn from other lawyers and public outrage.

It is utterly inexcusable. A lawyer should be professional and resolute, not sling around insults in court of all places.

EDIT: Oh well, I think this is getting off-topic.

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Comment

Working...
            X