Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edgar Allen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Edgar Allen

    Was just listening to the Alan Parsons Project, song The Raven, and wondered - in World of Darkness terms was Edgar Allen Poe: Sluagh, Hollow One, Toreador, Fianna, Chanteur, or something else?


    “It was clear to me for a long time that the origins of science had their deep roots in a particular myth, that of invariance." ~ Giorgio de Santillana
    Preface to Hamlet's Mill

  • #2
    He was a Mortal who saw just enough to question his sanity but not enough to lose it.

    Comment


    • #3
      He was a mortal who wrote horror stories. Didn't even need to see anything.

      Comment


      • #4
        Edgar Allan Poe had a cameo in a Changeling game I ran once as a rather not-spooky ghost. The game made a brief detour to Richmond Virginia and the players had their characters go to the Edgar Allan Poe museum because they were looking for a vampire that had been seen the area. The Sluagh was able to see ghosts, saw Edgar Allan Poe's ghost and struck up a conversation with him - he ended up leading her to an old manuscript he had hidden under the floorboards of the building while he had been living there and she managed to get it published for him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Resplendent Fire View Post
          He was a mortal who wrote horror stories. Didn't even need to see anything.
          Yeah but Poe was too interesting a person to just leave out of the fun like that.

          The circumstances of his death are almost as fascinating as the stories he himself wrote.



          Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

          http://northernfoxgames.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Quoth the Sluagh kithbook: "Poe was not a sluagh. Mind you, he should have been, but that's neither here nor there."


            Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by The Revenge of TV Head View Post
              Yeah but Poe was too interesting a person to just leave out of the fun like that.

              The circumstances of his death are almost as fascinating as the stories he himself wrote.
              Or perhaps Poe was too interesting a person to dilute his life with contrived supernatural connections?

              Comment


              • #8
                He was a rare case of an Imbued Hunter well before the others. The stories were actually fictionalized retelling of how he eliminated several supernatural creatures (Tell Tale Heart, Pit & Pendulum, Masque of Red Death, Cask of Amontillado) or investigations into the supernatural.


                - If you must be ridiculous, I must ridicule you.
                - Those that can give up essential liberties in exchange for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Resplendent Fire
                  Or perhaps Poe was too interesting a person to dilute his life with contrived supernatural connections?
                  Or perhaps we can just engage in the FUN of the thread's premise without feeling compelled to crap all over it?

                  Originally posted by Papa Bear View Post
                  He was a rare case of an Imbued Hunter well before the others. The stories were actually fictionalized retelling of how he eliminated several supernatural creatures (Tell Tale Heart, Pit & Pendulum, Masque of Red Death, Cask of Amontillado) or investigations into the supernatural.
                  Actually seen in the original novel of Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter, where Abe and Poe nearly kill each other after mistaking each other for vamps!

                  I'd go for Moros Mage myself, the mysterious events leading up to his death being the result of a particularly bad Paradox backlash...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I figured this would spark some thought. Poe is still the master of making English sound like the most flowing language in existence. It isn't, but he sure does make it sound that way.


                    “It was clear to me for a long time that the origins of science had their deep roots in a particular myth, that of invariance." ~ Giorgio de Santillana
                    Preface to Hamlet's Mill

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X