Unsecured, or Just a Bug?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsecured, or Just a Bug?

Anybody know why the forums are listed as not secured? It's been that way for a couple months now.

I wasn't worried about it at first, but I've had to log in like 3 times since it started, and now I'm getting anxiety concerning whether or not some hacker might steal my account, or email.

I noticed Wyrdhamster made a similar trouble ticket about this back in October, but nobody even bothered to reply.

I just replied on the other thread. Not an official OPP response or anything. Just some info from a web developer.

TLDR:

Its not a huge deal, just be sure not to post any sensitive information on here and you will almost certainly be fine.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Originally posted by ElvesofZion View Post
      I just replied on the other thread. Not an official OPP response or anything. Just some info from a web developer.

TLDR:

Its not a huge deal, just be sure not to post any sensitive information on here and you will almost certainly be fine.

Well, I wasn't planning to do that, anyways.

But yeah, I was nervous about typing in my account name and password, for fear of being hijacked.

Already lost 3 email accounts to that BS.

Comment

I'd think email is more likely than here to have that happen since email gives the hacker more overall access. The only real avenue for that here would be to impersonate you to get others here to give out sensitive info.

(he/him/his)

Backer #2010

Comment

Also: If you use the same email and password for all/multiple accounts, you expose yourself to risk because the data is sent basically plaintext.

Comment

We have now spammer - RockNLol - that is spamming about lower costs of energy, basically everywhere. It seems that antispam filters not working. ( Even when they block my posts about Dark Eras fan content because I have too many links to Wikipedia. )

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
            X