Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realms of Pugmire should get their own subforum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wyrdhamster
    started a topic Realms of Pugmire should get their own subforum?

Realms of Pugmire should get their own subforum?

Realms of Pugmire - i.e. game universe of Pugmire, Monarchies of Mau and coming products about uplifted animals - should get their own subforum, as in 'Onyx Path's creator-owned games' we already start to get too much mess.

In previous subforum we have Realms of Pugmire, Cavaliers of Mars and They Came From Beneath the Sea, at least. They Came are not even titled in the previous subforum. And there are rumors on next 'creator-owned games' coming to studio.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-24-2019, 06:03 PM.

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    I think there's also just a certain amount of technical limitations. While it was a lot of work for them to do, RPG.net recently updated their forum software, and it added a lot of really simple functions for this sort of thing: custom and unique forum/subforum icons so each of the CofD games could have that game's skull icon instead of the general voice bubble, a prefix pull-down while creating new threads with standardized flair that is forum specific (so the Creator Owned forum could have a unique icon for each game that you pick when making the thread, while the WoD forums could have a different list for the WoD games that don't have their own subforums), and so on.

I know we're probably not seeing new forum software soon, but it might be what's needed before a more ideal solution would be functional.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Brennanhawkwood View Post
    I am aware of the creator owned concept at Onyx Path, but referring to them as that just doesn't click with me, especially since Storypath itself is OP owned IIRC.
    The difference between Storypath games and 'Creator Owned' games is that Storypaths are IPs of Onyx Path studio - they are inherit to the studio itself. 'Creator Owned' are the developers that made them. 'Creator Owned' can legally easily taken out of Onyx Path portfolio, if creator - like Rose, Eddy or other - would move outside of Onyx Path, later on. 'Creator Owned' are for now published by Onyx Path, but they are legally owned by developer that made it in first place.

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Making connected Storypath over-forum - like there is one general for World of Darkness and second for Chronicles of Darkness - is another solution. Like, I dwell now into topics related to Storypath engine itself and asking the questions over Scion, Trinity and 'Cavaliers of Mars, Pugmire and Monarchies of Mau' ( For They Came From ) is just a needless forum spamming.

If there would be Storypath over-forum, then it sub-forums would be Dystopia Rising, Trinity, Scion and They Came - which, partially, resolve both problems. ( We still would have mash of Cavaliers and Realms of Pugmire in one forum, but at least They Came would not be missed in name and it would logically be in Storypath sections. )
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 01-24-2019, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brennanhawkwood
    replied
    I'm not sure what the best solution would be either since avoiding forums looking dead is a valid concern. I can say I have several times come to the OP forums and wondered where conversations about Storypath itself or the Storypath games that aren't Scion and Aeon could be found or should be had since there is nothing specifically calling them out as to where they should be. I am aware of the creator owned concept at Onyx Path, but referring to them as that just doesn't click with me, especially since Storypath itself is OP owned IIRC.
    Last edited by Brennanhawkwood; 01-24-2019, 05:16 PM. Reason: grammar

Leave a comment:

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    At least - 'Cavaliers of Mars, Pugmire, and Monarchies of Mau' subforum should be renamed into something like 'Creator-owned games' - with each new IP added to the mix, list in titles looks more and more weird...

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Maybe add some Flair for subject titles. A Dog for Pugmire, Red Planet or Rapier for Mars, and a Tentacle for They Came

Leave a comment:

• Heavy Arms
    replied
    I think the problem is that the Creator Owned Games forum is... the third least active one after Scarred Lands and Trouble Tickets; including all the subforums.

Giving each their own subforum has a good organizational aspect if we continue to see more games, but there's also a risk of some of them looking dead because there's not a lot of discussion about them. A CoM subforum would have.... less than ten threads and most haven't been posted to in ages in forum time. I'd imagine there's a consideration between organization and not making game suforums look like ghost towns.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X