No announcement yet.

Exalted forum not updating again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar issues when I try to "soft" delete threads. When this has happened previously I've been able to pull things out and see what happens but that option isn't open to me this time.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

Plug for the Sword of Creation forum, a new hub for Exalted related content

Comment

Are you looking at archiveing the existing forum and starting a new one? That would be very sad.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

Comment

Maybe the whole subforum’s gotten too big for the hardware it’s on?

Comment

Okay so it's fixed for now, I eventually managed to delete and undelete some stuff which seems to have gotten things moving again.

Originally posted by Apromor View Post
          Are you looking at archiveing the existing forum and starting a new one? That would be very sad.
          That's ultimately up to the Administrators/Webmasters.

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
          Maybe the whole subforum’s gotten too big for the hardware it’s on?
          God I hope not.

Still... I'm going to advise people to start backing up what you want preserved.
          Last edited by Lioness; 05-23-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Was rewriting an old empty/placeholder post in a thread and lo and behold, the whole paragraph of new text i had saved was gone, even though i wasn't signed out due to lack of activity.

Made two other failed attempts, then tried to correct a word or two in another post. Didn't happen either. No matter how many times i hit save, the version of the post that comes up is the older, unedited one.

Comment

Exalted subforum appears to be doing the thing again in general (thread list not updating, giving error messages when you post but your post was actually successful, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                Exalted subforum appears to be doing the thing again in general (thread list not updating, giving error messages when you post but your post was actually successful, etc.).

Yes, it has its ups & downs from time to time. But the thing about redacting text back was kind of new.

Comment

oh, the forum is doing its thing again? I'm so used to slow days on other forums that I keep not realising lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TomDick&Harry View Post
                    oh, the forum is doing its thing again? I'm so used to slow days on other forums that I keep not realising lol.

The main issue seem to be with editing previous posts it seems. Extra weirdness in that when i tried to again to edit, the edited text was already there saved.
                    And yet the edited/saved version is not displayed, no idea why.

Comment

No new posts are being made either, so not being to edit old ones may not be the main issue. At least not all by itself.

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

Comment

Sorry, at this point I have no idea what's causing this.

Comment

I was about to start a new thread. will that not work either right now?

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                            I was about to start a new thread. will that not work either right now?
                            It's the same situation as previous times we've hit this snag, the thread will be created but the forums won't update so it'll exist in this limbo state the only people who'll find it will be the people who go looking for it.
                            Last edited by Lioness; 07-19-2021, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Update

As before I'm trying to move the last thread posted in into Quarantine because that typically gets the whole thing moving again, unfortunately as before I can't move threads yet.

Comment

I was going to point out the out of context game quote thread as at over 1000 posts.

Comment

Working...
                                X