X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lioness
    started a topic Exalted forum not updating again

Exalted forum not updating again

I keep getting "Empty Response" and the front page shows no sign of updating.

• Lioness
    replied
    Originally posted by Erinys View Post
    Lioness hasn't been on the forum since mid September, which worries me.
    Yeah, there's been some personal life stuff that I've given priority to.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    I can't edit any of my posts.

Isn't there something that OPP can do to fix this? It's basically permanent at this point and messing everything up. I can't update any thread containing information or my homebrew.

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    I think it’s happening again, right?

What kind of virgin do I need to sacrifice for this to stop!

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    I just started a new thread. A few other people have started new threads.

I have an observation that may help:
    I failed several times today to start a new thread in Chrome. My Chrome is almost fully updated, minus today's update.

I finally succeeded, on my first try, when I tried starting a new thread in my outdated Firefox 56.0.2 that I haven't updated for years.

Maybe the forum software is getting incompatible with new browsers, but remains fine for older ones? I know that the programmers have not had the time/money to update the forum software in a while, or can't because something is broken they can't fix.

Lioness hasn't been on the forum since mid September, which worries me.

Edit: Today can also edit my post using Chrome.
    Last edited by Erinys; 11-12-2021, 08:42 PM. Reason: I edited in Chrome, not Firefox

Leave a comment:

• satoshi
    replied
    The Exalted forum seems to have been down for almost two weeks now, is it officially dead or should we expect it to be up and running again at some point?

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    Posts are updating and I can edit again! And yeah, Jen's new thread shows up.

Lioness, if possible, when you get a chance could you please check to see if you can rescue any threads from limbo?
    Last edited by Erinys; 10-29-2021, 02:08 PM. Reason: This has been a test edit by the Testing Agency Of Forums Large And Small. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    Originally posted by balwin View Post
    I was trying to create a topic in the exalted forum but I just got a strange error (I wanted to add a picture of it as attachment but got the message I'm allowed to add attachments). It is not there, but interestingly enough it is showing for me under "latest topics".
    I'm not even sure I can post here. If so, any idea what I could do to post that topic?
    Saaaame, I got an error but the thread is still created, they just don’t get updated, it’s the same with responds too I think.

Leave a comment:

• balwin
    replied
    I was trying to create a topic in the exalted forum but I just got a strange error (I wanted to add a picture of it as attachment but got the message I'm allowed to add attachments). It is not there, but interestingly enough it is showing for me under "latest topics".
    I'm not even sure I can post here. If so, any idea what I could do to post that topic?

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    You could also put it on Sword of Creation in the meantime, but yes I'll do my best to recover threads from limbo.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    I also can't start a new thread, arrrggg.

Last time this happened, you were able to rescue a bunch of threads that had been in "limbo". Were those new threads? Should I stop trying to create my thread and assume you can find it later, or keep trying until "Empty Response" goes away?

If you do find multiples of the same thread from me, feel free to delete the extras.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Yeah, now it's broken again.

Leave a comment:

• Erinys
    replied
    Yeah, when I posted that I remembered other times that the forum has updated weirdly with the wrong name-avatar combination.

But I also can't edit my posts in Exalted. So.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    That error has been around for a while.
    People have just started taking note of it more because it resembles the much more serious 'Empty Response' problem.

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by Erinys View Post
    The problem came back, right about at 9:20 my time (about 1 minute ago). The forum updated the thread I posted in, but with my avatar and Isator Levi's name.

Well, technically speaking it did not come back because, from your own description, it sounds like a whole new kind of problem, at least to me...
    What's quite weird and bothersome too, no denying.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X