Cavaliers of Mars/WoD crossover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavaliers of Mars/WoD crossover

Does anyone else think it would be great to use Cavaliers of Mars as a look at the Shade Realm of Mars from Mage: the Ascension?

Colleen

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

Yes. You can cross over with CoD as well.

Comment

The relationship between Vampire and Cavaliers is primarily my undying belief in the sweetness of the human heart.

Rose Bailey
      Onyx Path Development Producer
      Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

That's beautiful, Rose. Thank you for posting that.

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

Comment

As an aside, i have strongly considered porting Cavaliers of Mars, in parts or even whole cloth, into Exalted through either the South of Creation, Endless Desert of Cecelyne or maybe even somewhere the dunes and wastes of both mix and mash into whole different vistas of a place its own. The desertic overworld realm of Aten from Scion might be an interesting alternative/addition too.
          Last edited by Baaldam; 02-15-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

As an aside, aren't the celestial bodies of the solar system explored from an Umbral/Garou point of view in some book?
            Not quite sure right now if it was Velvet Shadow or some other module.

Comment

Yes. Rage Across the Heavens details the Aetherial Realm, which runs parallel to both Etherspace and the physical solar system. I meant to say Cavaliers of Mars would go great in the SHARD REALM of Mars, not the SHADE REALM of Forces (M20 clarified the difference between the two).

Comment

Originally posted by JulianMoon View Post
                Yes. Rage Across the Heavens details the Aetherial Realm, which runs parallel to both Etherspace and the physical solar system. I meant to say Cavaliers of Mars would go great in the SHARD REALM of Mars, not the SHADE REALM of Forces (M20 clarified the difference between the two).
                Must admit i'm not very on the difference between the Shard and Shade Realms, or the umbral realms per se (except for a more "savage/primal" aesthetic maybe) - far too much long since i last played Ascension & other stuff i guess.
                Last edited by Baaldam; 02-23-2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

The Shard Realms are in Etherspace and the Deep Umbra, and are the "mythic" versions of the planets, which is perfect for Cavaliers of Mars. The Shade Realms are located on the First Horizon, and represent the nine Spheres of Awakened magick. I just read M20 :-).

Comment

Originally posted by JulianMoon View Post
                    The Shard Realms are in Etherspace and the Deep Umbra, and are the "mythic" versions of the planets, which is perfect for Cavaliers of Mars. The Shade Realms are located on the First Horizon, and represent the nine Spheres of Awakened magick. I just read M20 :-).
                    So the Shade Realms are the more awakened-centric parts of the cosmos so to speak, while the Shards are part of a mythic-fantastic multitude of spirit/psychic realms that might be part or at least touch into what the Shapeshifters knows as Umbra. Speaking in rough, general terms so to speak.

Comment

According to M20, the Shard Realms are mostly visited by mages, but you could have Shapeshifters visit them in your campaign if you wanted. The Shard Realms basically run parallel to the Aetherial Realm, which actually is often visited by Garou and is detailed in Rage Across the Heavens.

Comment

Working...
                      X