Pugmire and kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pugmire and kids

I don't know if anybody else has tried this, but since one of the goals of Pugmire was using it as an intro for kids to RPGs, so I tried it out myself. I just thought I'd start a thread about any experiences people had with Pugmire and the Children of Man.

The only things for myself, based on three kids 7-11, is that they seemed to enjoy/find it funny that dogs think iPads e.t.c. are magic, they just seem to get a kick out of them not knowing the truth. I also have to say the map is a good choice, only a few places in a geographically simple map. I think they get into the world that way, but don't get overwhelmed.

A couple of staff at the school where I teach have been tossing around the idea of starting an RPG club for our younger students to help them develop their imaginations, empathetic skills, and to consider the points of view of others. I've tossed around the idea of using Pugmire and I'm hoping we can get some games going after Spring Break. Will keep you posted.

CofD booklists:
    Beast I Changeling | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire

Comment

I'm considering running it at the school where I teach too.

Comment

This is currently my biggest appeal to it - running a relaxed child friendly rpg for younger cousins or friend's siblings.

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
        A couple of staff at the school where I teach have been tossing around the idea of starting an RPG club for our younger students to help them develop their imaginations, empathetic skills, and to consider the points of view of others. I've tossed around the idea of using Pugmire and I'm hoping we can get some games going after Spring Break. Will keep you posted.
        Did you end up going through with this Second Chances? How has it turned out :O

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
          A couple of staff at the school where I teach have been tossing around the idea of starting an RPG club for our younger students to help them develop their imaginations, empathetic skills, and to consider the points of view of others.

Best teachers ever!

Comment

Working...
          X