No announcement yet.

[Pugmire] Thoughts on and reactions to the Monarchies of Mau Early Access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit: Never mind, found my answer. Cats of diverse breeds SWEAR ALLEGIANCE to the six houses.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-23-2017, 10:02 AM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by AutoDefenestrate View Post
      In the Callings section it says it wants Strength and Constitution, in the Secrets section it claims to want Dexterity and Strength.
      Actually looked again and the table on page 32 listing Primary Abilities also says Dexterity and Strength. Now we officially have two contradictory statements on the subject. Problem being this leaves Wanderers a little confused to which abilities they have a proficiency for saving throws on. Hopefully they get cleaned up a little, soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
        I'd prefer there be an upper limit to how ancient any machine would be. At least within the context of Pugmire, it's important to keep the true fall of Man to be mysterious. If anyone - even an AI - were ancient enough to have personally been around, it would automatically undermine the mysteriousness of the past.

Which doesn't mean a machine couldn't claim to be ancient and godly. Androids that look like humans basically have a built-in means of duping gullible uplifts into believing they are Man returned. Inevitably, there'd be false Man cults popping up every so often. Which, naturally, would lead not only to Dogs and other uplifts to seek to combat them, but also those androids who take their vows of secrecy seriously.

And then there's the faction of androids who believe they are the rightful heirs of Man, having been made in their image and endowed with the greater portion of their lost knowledge. Or those who believe that humans were wicked Demiurges, having created uplifts and androids for their own selfish gratification, while consigning their spawn to tortured existences.

I imagine the android race to be host to a complex selection of political factions. As I stated, I thought about this idea way more than I needed to.

Its hard for me to imagine Machines being capable of self reproduction/repair and having lost track of connection to their creation point. Of course that might be why I'd find them to be hard to interact with and run them less as "D&D" Style gods and more like something out of Lovecraft.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoDefenestrate View Post
          Actually looked again and the table on page 32 listing Primary Abilities also says Dexterity and Strength. Now we officially have two contradictory statements on the subject. Problem being this leaves Wanderers a little confused to which abilities they have a proficiency for saving throws on. Hopefully they get cleaned up a little, soon.
          Due to the speed in which I produced Early Access, it looks like I never got around to cleaning up the Wanderers the way I intended (this is the kind of stuff that happens during the full book production). I'll have to recalibrate some things, but the easiest fix to Early Access would be to assume the information on page 25 is incorrect, and table on page 32 is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
            I admit, there is a part of me that wants this game to be based on V:tM's system or something, just because it's conducive to politics and skullduggery, but that would mean it wouldn't be compatible with Pugmire, which would be a big problem on several levels. That said, if you needed an idea for next years April Fools book, you may have that one.
            Thanks for the idea! However, setting up an agreement with White Wolf for an April Fool's joke would be a lot of work for a one-off gag, and I'd rather use my bandwidth to explore other license opportunities. That said, I spent six years working on V20, so there's probably a little bit of Vampire in Mau's DNA.

Comment

Sorry, please delete this post
              Last edited by Draca; 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eddyfate View Post

Due to the speed in which I produced Early Access, it looks like I never got around to cleaning up the Wanderers the way I intended (this is the kind of stuff that happens during the full book production). I'll have to recalibrate some things, but the easiest fix to Early Access would be to assume the information on page 25 is incorrect, and table on page 32 is correct.
                Thanks! That's about what I thought.

Comment

I've been thinking about adapting the myths of long tailed and two tailed cats as something like the "Lich" equivalent for them

Comment

Bouncing off the 'Machines' idea, I can easily see some sort of left-over non-sentient, non-sapient simple robots left over from the Age of Man. Something like Roomba springs to mind immediately to mind. Obviously it's a demon; going around with nothing like a head sucking up whatever is in it's path (yes, I'm playing off the stereotype of dogs/cats and vacuums). It could even be feasible that there's an automated factory somewhere still producing simple machines. In some cases, their shells could even be harvested for smeltable plastic. :^)

Currently Hosting Outpost Phoenix, a United Space Federation Live-Action Star Trek Discord Sim. New players are always welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Arzie View Post
                      Bouncing off the 'Machines' idea, I can easily see some sort of left-over non-sentient, non-sapient simple robots left over from the Age of Man. Something like Roomba springs to mind immediately to mind. Obviously it's a demon; going around with nothing like a head sucking up whatever is in it's path (yes, I'm playing off the stereotype of dogs/cats and vacuums). It could even be feasible that there's an automated factory somewhere still producing simple machines. In some cases, their shells could even be harvested for smeltable plastic. :^)

"He is like no cat.. he commands the forbidden arts of man.. the ancient R'umbah'"

Comment

Working...
                      X